Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nefelibeta

Newt [Version 0.0b]

have no idea if these are known or not for crafty speedrunners: 

Nevermind they're totally intended

Wonderful set of maps! Beautiful design, and many interesting fights.  Maybe it's the selection of tracks, but you've managed to not just recover some ribbiks visual and combat design, but also that comfy feel of some ribbiks maps.   

I have might a tiny bug report for the first map.  In the penultimate fight, when the lift lowers and the stack of viles and cybers teleport in, I found the clump of viles and the lone cyber with them to be a bit flaky: a few times I've gotten just the viles to appear, and once even just the cyber.

8 hours ago, KineticBeverage said:

edit: that was the first way i got out of there, the main intended way took me much longer!

Edited by siege cunt

On 6/30/2022 at 6:41 AM, KineticBeverage said:

have no idea if these are known or not for crafty speedrunners: 

The first one is definitely intended, in fact you can actually pacifist the map in 20 or so seconds. I left it because speedrunners might like it.

The second one though, I'm an idiot and I thought I have fixed it. :)

Bit late, but here's a playthrough vod of Map01 (UV), for anyone who might like to view those: click

Very Magnolia, very fun, very pretty. Gorgeous midi usage. Definitely looking forward to the future maps (and will play Map02 for sure soon).

Didn't stream this time, but here's a full playthrough of Map02 on UV (-dsdademo format, if it desyncs then playback in DSDA-Doom 0.24.3), first room + first secret + second room aren't blind because I died a few times while figuring them out, but the rest was totally new to me. Features a lot of futzing around with sequence breaks and struggles with platforming (feel free to skip through them if it's agonizingly boring), and a noclip cheat at the very end because I didn't want to redo the whole final fight when there were 2 cybers left and I fell into the pit. :P

Demo is pretty long, but mostly because of the platforming I think... I'm still not sure if you're supposed to tackle the platforms after the red key switch one-by-one with SR50, or do multiple jumps with a single motion, but the first one is what finally got me through. The crosses felt a lot more manageable, personally, but I'm definitely not one of the greatest platformers.

newt02.zip

Newt1x629.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                               

It seems that all the download links for this WAD have died, is it possible someone could reupload it?

2 hours ago, PsyDOOMer said:

It seems that all the download links for this WAD have died, is it possible someone could reupload it?

That's because I got a new map for ya. ;D

Map03 is now here. Probably as hard or harder than Map02, who knows. SR50 is required for some secrets.

Also fixed a bunch of issues, added something, also fixed the horribly idiotically balanced HMP/HNTR for Map01 and Map02, sorry thelokk!

Download Map03

Bump, Map04 is here and has a shitton(16) of secrets, good luck!

[Download Version 0.0]

Something:

Spoiler

Anyway after reconsidering, I've decided that I should make a reasonable theme transition, so the map order will be rearranged. This will also mean that the difficulty curve will become an indistinguishable hot pile of steamy excrement. But you know what? For the sake of artistic values!

This will likely to be the new newt(*cough*) map order.

Map list
Map01 : [Insert Tyson Openers Here]
Map02 : Lugubrious Lorikeet
Map03 : Soyrat
Map04 : Subconsciousness
Map05 : [Insert Transition Here]
Map06 : Star Flowers
Map07 : [Insert Penultimate Map Here]
Map08 : [Insert Big Ass Slaughtermap Here]

Map31 : [???]

Anyway so this is Version 0.0 so consider this a new start for this project.

What's up with Map??s you ask? Well, you will know it...... eventually. :^)