Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Metropolitan Mayhem Machine - Limit Removing Map

This city is perfect! Reminds me of the first level in the original Carmageddon. It's the first I like a city map so much.

Alright, I've now actually taken the time to play the level through and enjoy it thoroughly. The map strikes a good balance conveying a sense of scale without being overwhelming. I didn't have too much trouble figuring out where to go, though I did waste some time trying to open doors that were actually unlocked from the other side (and simultaneously managed to miss the rocket launcher for most of the map). I would have liked to see more secrets/optional areas and building-hopping from high places, but that's just my personal taste in city maps. Regardless, I had a great time with this map and would encourage others to check it out.

1 hour ago, Matacrat said:

How do I access this room? image.png.d674fc4fccea0c8afc192e4dcf15421a.png

You make a leap from the building north of that.

really enjoyed this map nice and open great stuff. the only thing I would say is removing one of the secret flags by the blue armor ran around a bunch until I realized i did not trigger one of the 2 secrets there

1 hour ago, baja blast rd. said:

ticketed for straferunning

Ironically, there is one big leap im this map is that a normal running start will clear just fine. 

But the entire map is one big race track for the speed demons.

I ended up getting curious about that joke and playing some of this with walking only (up until I reached something that required run seemed like a reasonable amount). 

It's pretty fun this way. The monsters are dangerous against a slow player, especially the arachnotrons that command whole lengths of road, but you can still strategize and escape from them or pain-stun when needed.