Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

My cat plays with a fidget spinner

When my female one was small, i could throw something and she was bringing it back, like a Dog :P

But now she wants to play otherwise, has gotten too boring i think.

13 minutes ago, Azuris said:

When my female one was small, i could throw something and she was bringing it back, like a Dog :P

But now she wants to play otherwise, has gotten too boring i think.

Yo I got u 

23 minutes ago, Azuris said:

My cat used to do that too, but now he's just fat.

I think I might have to get my cat a fidget spinner. She might enjoy it, she likes new things, and she likes playing with new things, and she likes attacking things. 

Anyway, the neatest trick my cat (Lilly) has done recently is when she hasn't hit the new dog (Daisy) on the nose when she gets too close. I'm the mediator. I was proud of both of them. Lilly for not being a bitch, it's her house, she's been here for four years, and Daisy for being calm, she's only been here two and a half months.

I figured it'd be up to Lilly whether or not they got along with each other.

7f7PKse.jpg

uWEu8Ut.jpg

5 hours ago, Jello said:

Anyway, the neatest trick my cat (Lilly) has done recently is when she hasn't hit the new dog (Daisy) on the nose when she gets too close. I'm the mediator. I was proud of both of them. Lilly for not being a bitch, it's her house, she's been here for four years, and Daisy for being calm, she's only been here two and a half months.

I figured it'd be up to Lilly whether or not they got along with each other.

I've always seen (and hated) that stereotype of "Dogs and cats hate each other, they're going to fight if they get together", and I'm glad to see (or read rather) how they both get along. I really like this about animals, many times entirely different species can interact with each and be good partners and for domestic animals, be good pets for the owner, which of course is always a good thing.

4 hours ago, xX_Lol6_Xx said:

I've always seen (and hated) that stereotype of "Dogs and cats hate each other, they're going to fight if they get together", and I'm glad to see (or read rather) how they both get along. I really like this about animals, many times entirely different species can interact with each and be good partners and for domestic animals, be good pets for the owner, which of course is always a good thing.

I think the biggest issue is that dogs and cats have very different body motions for play. A dog tends to get down on it's front paws, butt up in the air with the tail wagging, and playfully pounce when it wants to play. When cats put their front legs down and their hind quarters and tail up, it means they're pissed off or scared, and you should leave them alone.

That's the issue I'm running into with Lilly and Daisy. Lilly puts up with Daisy until Daisy wants to play, and starts playfully posturing and mock pouncing. It freaks Lilly out. They can get along okay, the cat does go up to the dog and rub against her, and she's okay just chilling out. But as soon as Daisy gets excited and starts moving around, Lilly gets out of there. And I can't blame her, if I was an 8lb cat and a 50lb dog was jumping around I'd probably get nervous as well. Even though Daisy is far more scared of Lilly than she is of her.