Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egg Boy

What Remains | Now on idgames!

Excellent work. Hard to grasp this is vanilla.

Vids 2 & 3 will be up in the next few days

Played this a few days ago, another solid set from a team that consistently delivers.

Wow I had so much fun playing this collection of maps, The finale was awesome! Hopefully someday I can create a map as good as these. All the mappers who worked on this you did an amazing job!

"finished" this wad right now, first 4 maps was really fun, not to big, not to many monsters etc and after this we have final map. For me it was too big and to long. I was happy when i opened door with Exit :) but it wasnt the end, and we have big slaughter fight :( didnt like the final.

But liked 80% of the mappack ;)

Pretty fun stuff. Highlights include the graffiti in map01, unexpected cave trek in map03, and the entirety of map05. Would personally have preferred maybe a more exploration-heavy map to break up the solidly action-oriented style of everything here (all the levels seemed to have pretty similar combat style), but besides that this was very solid

Have some FDAs on UV, on all maps : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d1u1kiaxg0yrs8/whtrmns_FDAPack_WH_10-06-2022.zip?dl=1

Had a lot of fun with this, it's a short but sweet episode, with a worthy conclusion in map 05.
I haven't noticed any bug whatsoever (aside from some walls eating my rockets on map 04 near the red key pillar, see the ghost Revenant fight in my FDA for specifics). Great job !

When I play your guys maps I prepare myself for epic combat scenarios - I think it's legit making me a better player - but I was not expecting intricate psychological torment lol

25 minutes ago, Clippy said:

When I play your guys maps I prepare myself for epic combat scenarios - I think it's legit making me a better player - but I was not expecting intricate psychological torment lol

I really need to stress that you if you're struggling with the difficulty, you should bump it down. Now to address your questions at the end of the map:

1. the plasma gun is in the "hard mode" area, which closes once you progress a certain amount, the hard mode thing actually makes the map way harder, but its completely optional, all the monsters that would have teleported in die once you get to the final room, so, again, its a completely optional extra difficulty mode, that rewards you with the plasma gun.

2. you opened the secret teleporter right at the start of the map, it was the switch in the cubby with the shotgunner, you walked away as soon as you pressed it for some reason.

3. the plasma deep in the ground raises once you activate "hard mode"

Oh boy, this looks seriously juicy from the preview. Great work! This is on my list.

@Egg Boy I don't mind struggling with difficulty as it helps me practice and I like to overcome these things. I hope that this doesn't make the video unfun for you...

Spoiler

I thought hard mode was a prank and activating it gets you the plasma. It also is actually harder and becomes a different situation with encounters and stuff? Cause I would be curious to play it again and try that 

Edited by Clippy

36 minutes ago, Clippy said:

I thought hard mode was a prank and activating it gets you the plasma. It also is actually harder and becomes a different situation with encounters and stuff? Cause I would be curious to play it again and try that 

Yep, it changes every major encounter after the teleporter in the area where the stairs raise later.

13 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Yep, it changes every major encounter after the teleporter in the area where the stairs raise later.

Nice I am totally understanding now 

I want to replay and experience this. On UV even if it kicks my ass haha 

I hope you know I didn't mean to complain about map 

See 

Spoiler

I thought not giving plasma gun was a prank or a mind fuck hence psychological torment. This was the only aspect of the map I was meaning to refer to. You had me sooooo confused is all. No complaints about the map at all 

In fact I admire the creativity. This hard mode thing is brilliant. Again I thought I simply missed out on a plasma gun meaning I already played hard mode. But with plasma gun it's harder? Yea I am intrigued and will record a hard mode run 

Some time 

7 hours ago, Clippy said:

Nice I am totally understanding now 

I want to replay and experience this. On UV even if it kicks my ass haha 

I hope you know I didn't mean to complain about map 

See 

Hide contents

I thought not giving plasma gun was a prank or a mind fuck hence psychological torment. This was the only aspect of the map I was meaning to refer to. You had me sooooo confused is all. No complaints about the map at all 

In fact I admire the creativity. This hard mode thing is brilliant. Again I thought I simply missed out on a plasma gun meaning I already played hard mode. But with plasma gun it's harder? Yea I am intrigued and will record a hard mode run 

Some time 

Don’t worry about it, I was just afraid you didn’t have a good time because you got hung up on things I didn’t intend you to lol

Another Squonkin' classic right here.

YT Description:

Played in GZDoom blind on Ultraviolence, pistol starts on Doom (strict) compatibility. The Squonker Squad does it again providing a fun, thematic 5 map set to sink your teeth into. I play through it all in this video, so it shouldn't take you much more than an hour, making it a nice brisk experience! This one takes place on a UAC oil rig that has seen better days. Under the beautiful skybox is a series of fun and sometimes spicy encounters. I heard about a funny "hard mode" button that releases two archviles, but I totally missed it in the first level which isn't a big deal. I mean, there are plenty of fun archvile ambushes to be had elsewhere anyway! Thankfully the graffiti artists have been taken care before you get there, at least.

I really enjoyed the first 3 maps of this project. I've just arrived at map04 and right away I'm noticing some weird issue where I can clip through some of the walls, quite a lot of them in fact. I'm playing on prboom+ and I saw @boltface mentioning the same issue above although he's using Zandronum. Could I be playing on the wrong settings - complevel for example? I'm using whatever the default of prboom+ is.

28 minutes ago, Foodles said:

I really enjoyed the first 3 maps of this project. I've just arrived at map04 and right away I'm noticing some weird issue where I can clip through some of the walls, quite a lot of them in fact. I'm playing on prboom+ and I saw @boltface mentioning the same issue above although he's using Zandronum. Could I be playing on the wrong settings - complevel for example? I'm using whatever the default of prboom+ is.

I will look into it. Intended complevel is 2

30 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

I will look into it. Intended complevel is 2

Call off the investigation!

I changed the compatibility to Doom2/v1.9 and lo and behold the issue went away.

Sorry for being an idiot, now I'll get back to playing it. 

Ok I felt compelled to replay map 1 - I am fascinated by the plasma gun gimmick, which I thought was a prank. Even still, I found hard mode easier - but then again I knew the map. Hope the vid is fun - @Biodegradable joined here too

@Egg Boy you guys are sincerely on a roll this year. It's very cool to see the same set of familiar faces pumping out these short and sweet mapsets over the year, kind of a throwback to the days of mapping teams. I really enjoy these sets. They're very fun and lighthearted, and you can really tell you guys have a lot of fun making them.

1 hour ago, Pavera said:

@Egg Boy you guys are sincerely on a roll this year. It's very cool to see the same set of familiar faces pumping out these short and sweet mapsets over the year, kind of a throwback to the days of mapping teams. I really enjoy these sets. They're very fun and lighthearted, and you can really tell you guys have a lot of fun making them.

Truly appreciate the kind words. Incoming Squonker lore: this wad was initially to be a less intensive project using primarily vanilla textures, inspired by Arrival. Eventually we carved out a slightly more specific theme and went with that, but maybe you can taste a bit of the influence if you squint hard enough... er... with your tongue, I guess.

17 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Truly appreciate the kind words. Incoming Squonker lore: this wad was initially to be a less intensive project using primarily vanilla textures, inspired by Arrival. Eventually we carved out a slightly more specific theme and went with that, but maybe you can taste a bit of the influence if you squint hard enough... er... with your tongue, I guess.

If "Tongue Squints" isn't the name of the next Squonker project or at least a map, I'm going to be mildly disappointed.

Is it just me or are there loads of random walkthrough walls you aren't supposed to go through in map 4? It's like I've got noclip on at times, very strange. Playing on uv, zdoom 2.8.1.

55 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Is it just me or are there loads of random walkthrough walls you aren't supposed to go through in map 4? It's like I've got noclip on at times, very strange. Playing on uv, zdoom 2.8.1.

This will be fixed in the Id games release, I have no idea why this happens, it works completely in complevel 2 and chocolate doom, so i recommend trying one of those until it comes to idgames.

2 hours ago, Firedust said:

This happens due to the use of ZokumBSP's "optimized for vanilla" config, which is designed for vanilla compat source ports only. A fix will be made as Egg Boy said.

@Skronkidonk u turned me into swiss cheese - filmed before vacay only airing now good times

that spider in the middle was so evil eh