Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeMystic

Bing Bong Blippo | 9 map vanilla episode - NOW ON IDGAMES!

Doom II _"Bing Bong Blippo" - MAP01 : "Tei Labs"_ UVMax 100% Blind Speedrun Smooth Mod Pistol Start.

Solid stuff! I did get the "OATB era" feeling coming through the layouts, probably because they're small-scaled techbases with strong inspiration from the iwads (and Requiem), or maybe because most every ambush trap with multiple imps reminded me of those in OATB. Anyways, I think my favorite was the map 09, with a close second place for map 08 solely because of that troll start. The wad showed growth throughout too as I noticed. 

Some minor observations, if you're interested:

Spoiler

- In map 01, the lift -sector 113- can't be lowered from below, I think the door line is too close to the lift trigger. I accessed that area by using the other lift trigger in the armor room, so that's how I found out things.

- In map 06, once you drop into the final room there's no more access to previous areas, not sure if this is a concern though but I usually point it out when that's the case.

- In map 08, texture in line 578 isn't aligned with the rest.

Thanks for sharing!

Let it be known that the title is off center in the banner. I hope this has ruined your day.

Not bad, not bad at all.  Played through it in about a half hour.  The fake exit teleporter at the end of map08 got me twice.  First time I simply didn't know.  So I died, and then had to restart at the beginning of the level because I hadn't saved.  Got back to it this morning and forgot about it.  And it got me again.  lol

Simple, elegant and good fun. Feels like a nice little homage to E1. :^)

Edited by Biodegradable

15 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Let it be known that the title is off center in the banner.

>:(

Really solid map pack a bit on the easier side but overall a very fun time. my favorite map was map07. My only real complaint is a lot of the secrets in the early levels seemed very random like I do not know how you were supposed to discover them tbh. also just noticed the map names . . . nice

Doom II _"Bing Bong Blippo" - MAP02 : "Slip and Sludge"_ UVMax 100% Blind Speedrun Smooth Mod Pistol Start.

Solid set of enjoyable base maps, keep up the good work. :)

big party over here - fun little map start to the set will be back for more good times

Hey I actually really enjoyed this, 9 solid techbases that are pretty easy so I just had fun blasting through them all in this vid.  I wasn't expecting anything crazy since these weren't gonna be released so I didn't mind if things weren't too elaborate, I like nice episode 1 techbase feels :-)

Spoiler

that fucking instakill teleport trap was so fucking funny, I think it's the only thing that killed me lolll.  Like I know that you telegraph it a bit but that is SO mean, especially since doomers are used to teleports opening up to go back to collect secrets.  I'm not even that mad because it was so funny and was hinted at, but if you were more serious about the map I'd definitely take it out because damn that sucks without saves haha.  Literally almost hit it again as I was semi distracted and stepped toward it for the second time, that would have been amazing.

RC2 is up everyone! Thanks @galileo31dos01 for some specific feedback, and thanks for all your playthroughs to watch! They've been really helpful. Patch notes are in the OP.

Those maps are actually very fun, it's cool that you decided to sweep the dust off them and upload.

card table fun - looked up secret after arggg - good stuff - making an interesting challenge with low tiers - I survived by the skin of my teeth eh

Finished it - before vacation but didn't have a chance to air til now - great maps loved em

On 7/3/2022 at 11:16 PM, Ravendesk said:

Are you planning to upload it on idgames or current version is just the final one?

Haven't fully decided yet, however the current version seems to be final. I'll see about uploading it to idgames soon when I get the chance.

This has finally been uploaded to idgames. No changes from last version but published and finalized.