Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is my first uploaded wad and it took me a while. Basically, I challenged myself to make a map inside of a regular house, then added a bunch of monsters, and while I was testing it I thought it was kinda fun so I'm uploading it here.

Edit: Very difficult and not even remotely fair, play at your own discretion.

Specs:

Source Port - GZDoom

IWAD - Doom2.wad/FreedoomPhase2.wad

Compatibility Level - Whichever one you like

# of Maps - 1

Multiplayer Compatible - Yes (not tested)

Google Drive Link

Finally, some images from the map

Kitchen

Kid's Bedroom

Living Room

Bathroom

Hallway

Attic

Edited by CursedJade999 : Download link stopped working, and warning.

13 hours ago, DENTYZ said:

Why the HELL a house get invaded by that much demon

sugar

Edit: i tried the map but it was way too difficult for me.

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

Provide lots of Invulnerbility Spheres if you're going to make a map like this. Like maybe the crampedness could be attributed to being a myfirstmap, but it's not exactly playable in its current state.

my sides exploded when I saw the keen screenshot I'll give it a download lol

@LadyMistDragon @CursedJade999 I don't even mind the limited movement. What I have a problem with is the lack of health and especially armor, on all difficulties. I tried ITYD but it is pretty obvious the difficulties are not implemented, or if they are, then very poorly. I had to quit after killing the revenants on ITYD difficulty.

@CursedJade999 A definitely horrible map due to its high and excessive difficulty (which to tell the truth I feel very unnecessary due to the mishandling of the use of initial weapons and ammunition to be able to attack the strong enemies in the first room) but nevertheless, the atmosphere of the house I like it a lot, and it's very well done to recognize the performance put here, although again it's a shame that this type of ideas was chosen for something that was executed poorly along the way. I died too many times looking for some method that would make it easier for me to kill the hell knights, and using a mod, since I imagine how frustrating this would have been playing it on purist.

(The following video is not set to Hidden / Private, so it really doesn't hurt to have your support with a like and a comment towards it, since among doomers we support each other)

2 minutes ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

@CursedJade999 A definitely horrible map due to its high and excessive difficulty (which to tell the truth I feel very unnecessary due to the mishandling of the use of initial weapons and ammunition to be able to attack the strong enemies in the first room) but nevertheless, the atmosphere of the house I like it a lot, and it's very well done to recognize the performance put here, although again it's a shame that this type of ideas was chosen for something that was executed poorly along the way. I died too many times looking for some method that would make it easier for me to kill the hell knights, and using a mod, since I imagine how frustrating this would have been playing it on purist.

(The following video is not set to Hidden / Private, so it really doesn't hurt to have your support with a like and a comment towards it, since among doomers we support each other)

Ooh a video. Yes please! I wanna see how to beat this hellhome

4 minutes ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

Ooh a video. Yes please! I wanna see how to beat this hellhome

Heh, you're welcome, to be honest, seeing that no one else was interested in wanting to spend that, then I had to make the sacrifice of being the one to show how everything is structured on the map, where the enemies are located, among other things , although yes... with the help of a very interesting mod, because seriously, in vanilla this would have been a total ordeal.

23 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Thank you for your feedback, I thought the map would be a bit too easy for people because I thought I was just REALLY bad at the game. I'll make sure to keep all of this in mind for my next project.

7 hours ago, CursedJade999 said:

Thank you for your feedback, I thought the map would be a bit too easy for people because I thought I was just REALLY bad at the game. I'll make sure to keep all of this in mind for my next project.

You're welcome, it's a pleasure to do my part to help in some way in the creation and perfection of a map :D

@IcarusOfDaggers is right, you don't necessarily have to fill the map with enemies to make it look challenging, and I also feel that this could not count as a slaughter as such, seeing that the enemies are mostly very resistant at the beginning, and that the marine does not have some extra support like getting weapons early on, or a Megasphere, or even an invulnerabilitysphere to be able to make a certain balance between the enemies presented and the arsenal that the marine carries on top, huh.