Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeNA

does anyone have a texture for stairs?

a texture for stairs but it's one of those middle area textures, ya'know... the ones with "MID" in the name...?

if you know of one that is going up at a 45deg angle that would be Amazing...! metal handle bars, i can mirror it if i need to.

thanks!

9 hours ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

Do you need a texture for railing or just for steps?

railing, i was saying a middle texture because i didn't remember what the word railing was...

You can use midgrate texture as middle texture and scroll it down, but everything else depends on formate. 

Vanilla: I don't know yet how to make it work as railing in vanilla.

UDMF: you can use "blck players" and "block landmonsters" flag.

5 hours ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

Vanilla: I don't know yet how to make it work as railing in vanilla.

In Vanilla (Doom format): you can give the railing linedefs the "impassble" flag, you can also use "block monsters" flag but only "impassble" should be enough.

Also, MIDBARS3 and MIDBRN1 are good for railings, Plutonia's A-RAIL1/2 is good too. Btw Requiem has a diagonal rail texture, something I don't see often in wads.

Lost Civilization has a few different railing midtextures, there is a set for diagonal railings in there.

3 hours ago, Fraston said:

Lost Civilization has a few different railing midtextures, there is a set for diagonal railings in there.

Thanks! i'll check it out!

I believe requiem has some as well, they're quite nice too

2 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

I believe requiem has some as well, they're quite nice too

ya Lost Civilization was a bust... at least it seems, so guess i'll check this 2

GOSH DARNIT... okay i'm gonna just do my own i think, it should be easy, ya'know, slade3 and Pinta image editor that's it

i'll share it here when i'm done BTW

ok here is the thing i thew together, good for 16 map unit long steps...

45D_railing_16x16.png.4e25a8d1c512ab040f6ef5378bb049ae.png

really, anyone could have just made this when they needed it guess but whatever, until i find a better one, this is it i guess

Just use that as a placeholder and I'll notify you if I see any good examples 

11 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Just use that as a placeholder and I'll notify you if I see any good examples 

thanks! sounds good

On 6/11/2022 at 8:22 AM, IcarusOfDaggers said:

UDMF: you can use "blck players" and "block landmonsters" flag.

When speaking about udmf, try using flag named "walkable middle texture". For a second forgot it says walkable. Really, it makes the visible part of texture blocking, and the transparent part not blocking. 

15 hours ago, ramon.dexter said:

When speaking about udmf, try using flag named "walkable middle texture". For a second forgot it says walkable. Really, it makes the visible part of texture blocking, and the transparent part not blocking. 

i never knew i could do that! ... i can't use UDMF until i have a good enough PC to run windows at a playable speed ... well it can run but i already removed windows and it's 140 fricken $$$ WHY why... why is it that much? ... anyways ... cool thanks!