Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacenXYZ

[WIP] BJ Blaze

Hello, my acquaintances. I wanted to present to you, BJ Blaze. (And before judging me, @Doomkid gets all the credit for the motivation to make this mod!) But back to the topic, I want to discuss.

UDDndTd.png

As always, the credits will be in the archive and in the OP.

As of this moment, the series will go in a new direction after many failed jumpstart attempts. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, but this is necessary.

DETAILS

PWAD: bjblazv6.wad

IWAD & MAPS: Doom 2, Map 01-02 (So far)

PORTS: Chocolate, Crispy, DSDA, ZDoom Family (-complevel 2) let me know if there are any bugs!

Single and Co-op Play!

Vanilla Gameplay (No Freelook/Jumping/Crouching)

(Backstory)

You are William “B.J.” Blaze, a SUSPENDED marine settling on Earth after his assignment on Venus failed, resulting in the deaths of the mission team and the destruction of an expensive space station, and it’s complicated...

In addition to being suspended from the marines, your loved ones have since died before you.

As you settle on Earth, you get called back into action to assess a problem with a satellite camp that the UAC lost contact with.

As you prepare to head out, you grab your pistol and pray to God that it isn’t another demonic invasion like last time. And you are also ordered not to cause it to self-destruct this time.

Flying at an average altitude to avoid crashing into the mountains, your transport is shot out of the sky as you barely escape with only a pistol and no other way to get past the area, now scared as hell, you begin your mission to find UAC Satellite Camp J52-Alpha.

Now the question is, will you live to tell the tale?

New Build Screenshots!

Level 1: Mountain Hill Crash Site

Spoiler

rU11KT9.png

dbGO2HR.png

4FXq8vt.png

2CXPXMt.png

WuGYxLN.png

rSPXX5k.png

2SK22Y4.png

Level 2: Sewer Levels (COMING SOON!!)

Spoiler

COMING SOON!!

And there are plans for more maps to be stored in the wad file.

CREDITS

Spoiler

(Code)

Alien Imps - @Doomkid
Troopers - id Software
Flame Cacodemons - @Doomkid
Plasma Soldiers - @Doomkid
Pistol - @Dragonfly
Chaingun - @Doomkid

(Graphics)
Cooltext.com

id Software

Slax

(Maps)
Map 01 - Mountain Hill Crash Site by @AlphaSoraKun
Map 02 - Sewer Levels by @Codename_Delta and @AlphaSoraKun

(Music)
Title - Blood Ocean by @Codename_Delta
Intermission - Mausoleum from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain by Steve Henifin & Scott Shelly
Story - Watz Next? from Rise of the Triad by Lee Jackson

01 - Goin' Down the Fast Way from Rise of the Triad by Lee Jackson

02 - The Imp's Song from DOOM by Bobby Prince

(Sounds)

Imp Growl from PREDATOR

Item Pickup from Eternal Doom 2

Player Pain and Alt Death from Hexen and Heretic

Various Weapons from DOOM 64

Pistol from Duke Nukem 3D: Total Meltdown

Weapon Pickup and Doors from Chasm: The Rift

Minigun from QUAKE Series (Specifically Quake III Arena)

Zombie Grunts ripped from DWANGO Series

(Sprites)
Blue Noble for various enemy touch-ups

Blue Phoenix for Hell Noble and Caco touch-ups

chronoteeth for the Weapons

id Software, JoeyTD, Lippeth, NeuralStunner, osjc, PerKRistian and zrrion for the Pistol

Anubis.wad/Osiris.wad for the Plasma Soldier

id Software for the sprites used

FreeDoom Project for the Chaingun and Rocket Launcher

Midway for the Rocket Launcher
Realm667 for various bits and bobs

Enjay for various sprites

Melodica for the Shotgunner

(Please tell me who you are so I can credit you properly!)

(Special Thanks)

id Software for the inspiration

Doomkid for his blessing

You for playtesting

And many, many more for putting up with me

Thank you, and happy battling the undead!

Edited by AlphaSoraKun

Shaping up to be a badass lil' vanilla mod right here. Hope to see more mapping progress in time!

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Shaping up to be a badass lil' vanilla mod right here. Hope to see more mapping progress in time!

Thanks Doomkid!

Again most credit goes to you for the inspiration wads.

Most of map 2 wasn't done by me, only the part around and past the blue key door was done by me, it was a team effort.

Edited by Codename_Delta

- Blind Demon

These variants of the regular Demon now go in by scent and can track you, easily able to nom you to death. HP: 150

Peak doom right here.

Level 4: The Fast Way, has just been unveiled. It is currently unfinished and is still fairly new, following Level 3: The Arena.

Here's what it looks like in Ultimate Doom Builder from the top down.

61895384_bje1at2022_06.1014-02-04.185R3966.jpg.8283565657bc6bc3d06fbba93144fa8b.jpg

18 hours ago, AlphaSoraKun said:

Level 4: The Fast Way, has just been unveiled. It is currently unfinished and is still fairly new, following Level 3: The Arena.

Here's what it looks like in Ultimate Doom Builder from the top down.

61895384_bje1at2022_06.1014-02-04.185R3966.jpg.8283565657bc6bc3d06fbba93144fa8b.jpg

As for me making the aforementioned post. The 4th level is now finished! I have begun work on a 5th level, though it's not ready for release quite yet. I have plans to release it when I finish it. The only spoiler I'm willing to give out, if you can call it that, is a reference to E1M2 of Doom.

Edited by AlphaSoraKun

Looking at the manual you've got an... interesting and quite specific backstory in there. Is this a sequel to another wad or part of a greater continuity or something?

I played through MAP01, though I couldn't find all the secrets. It's a fun map with quite a few surprises and enough variety between them that they felt fresh. A few visuals issues, the yellow door is not indicated as requiring a key, and there's the pegging of doortrak, in all doors the inner side texture raises with the door (this also seems to happen in MAP02). The difficulty balance is a bit strange, I tested Easy and Hard, and some fights are actually more elaborate on Easy, the most obvious being the 2 toxic cacos after the teleport on Easy when there's only one (and nothing else in the room) on Hard. Minor quibbles aside I had fun playing! I'll try out the other maps when I have time and keep an eye on the wad as it progresses.

Looks awsome with the custom textures and weapon sprites, but I'm a little sad over the fact that the status bar face is the Freedoom guy and not BJ Blazkowicz.

for some reason this is crashing in chocolate doom on startup.

R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 28:22

Idk why it's crashing but I guess it is.

Edited by Codename_Delta

44 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

for some reason this is crashing in chocolate doom on startup.

R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 28:22

Idk why it's crashing but I guess it is.

I forgot to change that bug. I'll hopefully fix it. OH! - You're supposed to have '-merge.'

47 minutes ago, Hitboi said:

Looks awsome with the custom textures and weapon sprites, but I'm a little sad over the fact that the status bar face is the Freedoom guy and not BJ Blazkowicz.

I understand. I kinda wanted to use BJ Blazkowicz's face, and kinda not.

1 hour ago, brick said:

Looking at the manual you've got an... interesting and quite specific backstory in there. Is this a sequel to another wad or part of a greater continuity or something?

I played through MAP01, though I couldn't find all the secrets. It's a fun map with quite a few surprises and enough variety between them that they felt fresh. A few visuals issues, the yellow door is not indicated as requiring a key, and there's the pegging of doortrak, in all doors the inner side texture raises with the door (this also seems to happen in MAP02). The difficulty balance is a bit strange, I tested Easy and Hard, and some fights are actually more elaborate on Easy, the most obvious being the 2 toxic cacos after the teleport on Easy when there's only one (and nothing else in the room) on Hard. Minor quibbles aside I had fun playing! I'll try out the other maps when I have time and keep an eye on the wad as it progresses.

Thank you. This is meant to be a Rowdy Rudy/Jamal Jones spin-off.

1 minute ago, AlphaSoraKun said:

I forgot to change that bug. I'll hopefully fix it. OH! - You're supposed to have '-merge.'

wait, what?

I just do the add wads bit in the chocolate doom setup and then after I add the wad I go to the command line options bit and just type -deh X.deh

the X is a placeholder for whatever the deh file is called.

18 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

wait, what?

I just do the add wads bit in the chocolate doom setup and then after I add the wad I go to the command line options bit and just type -deh X.deh

It works like this. Make a .bat file, put in the sourceport. (chocolate-doom) type in '-merge bje1.wad' and '-deh bje1.deh'

Edited by AlphaSoraKun

It works like this. Make a .bat file, put in the sourceport. (chocolate-doom) type in '-merge bje1.wad' and '-file bje1.deh'

or more easily do that in the chocolate doom setup exe.

UPDATE! Due to some personal issues, the episodic format is going to be dropped, and all three episodes will be combined into a single wad file.

Thank you for understanding my decisions and I hope to see you again.

Update 2: BJ blaze will see a level restructuring starting October 4.

Thank you. Many apologies.

Edited by AlphaSoraKun

UPDATE 3!

I now officially have begun my journey to restarting this project, and instead of going for a Megawad project, the goal of this project is to demonstrate what I am capable of doing and what I CAN do.

I apologize for being gone so long.

If you want more info of where to contact me, PM me for my discord. Apologies for the shameless plug.

Edited by AlphaSoraKun

New Screenshots have been made possible as of the making of a new build!

rU11KT9.png

dbGO2HR.png

4FXq8vt.png

2CXPXMt.png

WuGYxLN.png

rSPXX5k.png

2SK22Y4.png

oh shit, that's a nice shotgun n' rocket launcher

(Fuck I completely forgot about the fact that I have to make maps 8 and 9)

8 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

oh shit, that's a nice shotgun n' rocket launcher

(Fuck I completely forgot about the fact that I have to make maps 8 and 9)

It's okay. And since I'm working on rebuilding the map structure, I figured I'd cut some levels and/or merge them.

Just now, Codename_Delta said:

Also I could do some DeHackEd if ya want, as I'm actually good at it now :)

Sure. You can do some DeHackEd.

11 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

"WFALL1 not found"

upon loading map 2 that happens

Map 1 has become all sorts of messed up now tooDOOM18.png.37eaa22094bdd3107cbae105236ee503.png

Yeah... I may want to fix that.

Neat vanilla map set, I have not tried it out yet but it looks like fun. I really like your Doom cute spaceship, reminds me of commander keens Bean with Bacon spaceship for some reason.

4 minutes ago, HorseJockey said:

Neat vanilla map set, I have not tried it out yet but it looks like fun. I really like your Doom cute spaceship, reminds me of commander keens Bean with Bacon spaceship for some reason.

Thanks.

UPDATE!

Thank you for the support for anyone who has given this mapset a shot.

As I am not yet ready to do a 32-level campaign. I must address that this level set is now set to be a 12-level campaign.

I'll be willing to take anyone's advice on what to do with the 20 levels that have been put on the chopping block.

Q: "When can we expect a release?"

A: "When it's done!"TM