Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unregistered User

What game would mix well with Doom?

I was perusing the random picture thread when, after seeing a Minecraft background by some Doom fanart, I laughed to myself and wondered what a mix between the two games would look like. It could be with Gzdoom or a similar sourceport built from the ground up, where the player is fighting off Doom's cast in the darkness of procedurally generated hellscapes. Some biomes would be the Mars surface, UAC complexes, etc... I'm not sure how crafting or weapon progression would work, but if done right, it would actually probably be great.

Which game would you be interested in seeing crossbred with Doom? (Obviously pure Doom is best)

Subnautica. Imagine diving through the seas of Hell, exploring sunken ruins and UAC submarines, constantly under the threat of being devoured by some big demonic fish.

Thinking about this has also lead me into thinking about a Quake Subnautica and Half-Life Subnautica, too.

Edited by Artman2004

1 hour ago, Cacodreamin' said:

after seeing a Minecraft background by some Doom fanart, I laughed to myself and wondered what a mix between the two games would look like.

Something like Dead space mixed with Doom 3. 
Abandoned colonies, dead ships, slow demonic coruption of the human technology. In the begining you fight with regular demons, but in the end they become mix between flesh and machine. You also start with nothing, barely able to defend yourself, but gradually aquire tools to survive. Game start as survival horror, to turn into power fantasy.

I'd be interested in seeing the games most unlike Doom being mixed into Doom because it'd be so dumb.

Marathon,

I'd love the more refined and quite honestly superior map design and gameplay of Doom mixed with the storytelling and objective based progression of Marathon.

35 minutes ago, stupid ass said:

doom and quake

Absolutly, as happened in Doom Eternal.

Those Jump Pads and the verticality are very quaky.

What has nearly the same Formula as Doom is Super Mario, really.

- Quick and fast Action

- Leading the Player through Power Ups

- Making the Player search for Secrets and Secret Levels

If i am thinking more about it, maybe Mario is the kid friendly Version of Doom.
Mario and Doom Guy are fighting against a invading Force.
Is it ever mentioned where Bowser comes from?
He has Horns as Barons, but better shielded and has Spikes overall on his Body.
Every Enviroument of the Bosses is full of Flames and Lava... Like Hell

The Power Star is just a Berserk Power up.

Take a Look at Bowser Castle, it is sourrounded by Lava.
I say it IS a corrupted Castle with a Portal to Hell.

il_fullxfull.722414844_2gqt.jpg

And did you ever see Bowser Feet in the Game?

After so many Defeats agains Mario, he clearly become partly mechanical... His Japanese Title is 大魔王, Great Demon King!
He is a Cyber Demon in Super Mario World... The Round Body resembling a Pain Elemental, throwing out little ones.

Beat-Bowser-in-Super-Mario-World-Step-17

Just interchange Doom Guy with Mario and Parts of the Game.

Edit: Boohoos are clearly Lost Souls!

3 hours ago, Artman2004 said:

Subnautica. Imagine diving through the seas of Hell, exploring sunken ruins and UAC submarines, constantly under the threat of being devoured by some big demonic fish.

Thinking about this has also lead me into thinking about a Quake Subnautica and Half-Life Subnautica, too.

Big fish ... doom ... we already have one, and it lives!

Doom + No Man's Sky woud be cool: Cruise the galaxy slaying demons, exploring planets and bases, crafting new weapons and tech, cutomising armour, searching for lost relics that help you to upgrade your abilities (ok, I ad-libbed there), building some new techbase with other marines you have "saved",  buying + customising ships,  trading items with NPCs, etc.

Wow, a game like that would be awesome.

I'd be amused by a "demonic invasion in progress" event for Terraria. The game has quite a few "invasion" events and is not adverse to weird crossovers, so why not?

Another fun idea would be Doom factions for a Heroes of Might & Magic style game. The UAC faction would have units like the Doom 3 drone, various troopers and marines (non-possessed), with Doom Eternal warmechs for the higher-level units. The Hell faction would have the usual assortment of demons.

People have made various Doom-themed fangames with completely different gameplay -- rogue-like, platformer, RTS... I think I remember seeing long ago a Morrowind mod that added a Doom-themed dungeon, but I can't find it back. And there was the Demon Crucible sword as wel as Doomguy for Skyrim, too. Would be fun to fusroda an imp off a cliff.

58 minutes ago, Azuris said:

And did you ever see Bowser Feet in the Game?

After so many Defeats agains Mario, he clearly become partly mechanical... His Japanese Title is 大魔王, Great Demon King!
He is a Cyber Demon in Super Mario World... The Round Body resembling a Pain Elemental, throwing out little ones.

Bowser is just a big fat Imp after all.

29 minutes ago, tomas7777 said:

Bowser is just a big fat Imp after all.

That explains all the changes they made to Ultimate Doom's Switch port

e2m8.png.bc3b85f718ebdaabcd0b974e64b39a4a.png

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

The Power Star is just a Berserk Power up.

And the Super Star is basically an invulnerability sphere, bonus, green and blue armors are mushrooms and the supercharge/megasphere are 1-ups!

Imagine playing as an angry green guy in Mario Kart, would be ironically and unironically awsome. I think Half-Life + Doom would be a fitting combination.

How about DOOM + Dungeon Keeper?

Design the maps in such way to optimize monster's performance, attract them using different map themes (Hell themed rooms/torture props attract certain demons, UAC themed rooms attract zombies, corpses attract Archvilles, big open spaces attract Cyberdemons, etc), train/feed/entertain them, place some of them strategically to make them harder to kill and avoid infighting (because this time it works against you) or let them move around loosely and defend against the UAC marines or other DOOM keepers. Use possessing to control your demons in first person mode. Use traps like crushers or falling platforms leading to acid/lava pits, etc.

So basically all these have already been done. Tasacri has me thinking about Doom + Zoo Tycoon now lmao

Also, Mario is going to feel a lot darker when I revisit I now. 

10 hours ago, alackoftrust said:

Doom 2?

^ This though, this is a truly groundbreaking idea for the most intricate fusion of gameplay. I don't know how any developer could possibly meld the two games, but alas, we can dream.

Gameplay and engine (and maybe some other things) from Doom + the rest from any good Far Eastern anime-ish game, probably even JRPG.

Life Force, the fleshy theme fits perfectly alongside Doom's hell, and I'm yet to see this powerup system in an FPS

Video:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

Life Force, the fleshy theme fits perfectly alongside Doom's hell, and I'm yet to see this powerup system in an FPS

If this union existed at the bar, I would drop so many quarters on it that I wouldn't be able to do laundry for weeks.

Probably a game with a genre that was popular during the time Doom was being released, maybe turn based RPGs and something like the Legend Of Zelda.