Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Jeff

2 ENEMY COMMUNITY PROJECT [DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

Things missing relative to my last compilation (https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2564736):

1) titlepic + midi

2) interpic + midi

3) episode renaming (Second Coming, 2 hell and back, Get 2 it, Another 2sday, 2ting your horn)

4) CWILVs (or we can ditch them for new UMAPINFO v2.2 author field)

If someone can throw 1) and 2) my way (I'm useless wrt graphic design ideas), I can finish up the compilation so we can at least have a public RC.

Maybe a Yin-Yang, or a Bionicle: Heroes cover art style thing, or something along the same lines would be a nice idea to do for the logo...?

As far as midis, idk. I might have something in my folders that might work well...
I'll pick this up later when I'm not on campus and not downtrodden with homework. I'll try something then.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:33 PM, Emperor S P O O N said:

@Thatonespymain I don't mean to be rude, but it's been a while since the deadline and while I can't speak for everyone here I'm pretty certain we'd all like an update on the progress of the finalized wad. If you're still really busy with personal life stuff, that's fine and I can understand that. I'm sure I or someone else can help finish the wad so that this project doesn't just trip over and die just before the finish line. It's been over 2 months already, and I'd really hate to see all our hard work go to waste.

If it's already done and uploaded somewhere and I'm just being stupid, I do apologize and request that can you please post the link here in the thread?

Shit i'm sorry i got real busy and forgot this existed and i feel stupid because i just remembered it. i'll start compiling now 

On 1/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, Doomy__Doom said:

Things missing relative to my last compilation (https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2564736):

1) titlepic + midi

2) interpic + midi

3) episode renaming (Second Coming, 2 hell and back, Get 2 it, Another 2sday, 2ting your horn)

4) CWILVs (or we can ditch them for new UMAPINFO v2.2 author field)

If someone can throw 1) and 2) my way (I'm useless wrt graphic design ideas), I can finish up the compilation so we can at least have a public RC.

@R0rque. made a midi for this, i saved it on my phone somewhere i'll upload it when i can, i'm not good at making midis but i'm going to make a midi version of "Orange Juice" by earlwolf and use that if i can. As for the pictures i can't draw for shit but i'll attempt to draw a title pic and for the interpic i guess i'll use a picture of my cat. I'm gonna do the episode renaming rn. sorry for taking so long

On 1/3/2023 at 7:21 PM, LoneAlpha2401 said:

@ThatonespymainSince finalizing the project is taking a while, do you mind if we release our maps as standalone?

Yeah sure.

16 minutes ago, Thatonespymain said:

@R0rque. made a midi for this, i saved it on my phone somewhere i'll upload it when i can, i'm not good at making midis but i'm going to make a midi version of "Orange Juice" by earlwolf and use that if i can. As for the pictures i can't draw for shit but i'll attempt to draw a title pic and for the interpic i guess i'll use a picture of my cat. I'm gonna do the episode renaming rn. sorry for taking so long

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZvzImcljvHvCYJ99fTkIXKQmmT97kNNH/view?usp=sharing did the episode names

15 hours ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Tried my hand with the M_DOOM:M_DOOM_1.png.7d809d39f122208f16f3ec867bfdc677.png

And the TITLEPIC:TITLEPIC.png.68a43336ae95fd0a17d4203b7d166950.png

Pretty basic stuff, but it's a good start I think.

That title pic is funny to me idk why it looks like they’re in a very intense staring contest 

New build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMnt3zfrmfEuCr_3XT02SLAVfvCuposd/view?usp=share_link

- added all CWILVs, please double-check that everyone is attributed properly

- deleted old unused dehacked lump versions

- added M_DOOM and TITLEPIC above

- fixed map 17 missing flat on the invuln secret. I couldn't find the intended flat in any of the map downloads in the thread. UDB referenced COMPWERD which is best I can tell a texture (not even a flat) from Doom hi-res texture project, so I replaced it with closest alternative I could think of - COMPF8 from 32-in-24 tex

- replaced RL with a clip at the end of my map 42 to remove death exit for continuous players

- EDIT: added fix from @RastaManGames below, same link.

Edited by Doomy__Doom

5 hours ago, Doomy__Doom said:

New build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMnt3zfrmfEuCr_3XT02SLAVfvCuposd/view?usp=share_link

- added all CWILVs, please double-check that everyone is attributed properly

- deleted old unused dehacked lump versions

- added M_DOOM and TITLEPIC above

- fixed map 17 missing flat on the invuln secret. I couldn't find the intended flat in any of the map downloads in the thread. UDB referenced COMPWERD which is best I can tell a texture (not even a flat) from Doom hi-res texture project, so I replaced it with closest alternative I could think of - COMPF8 from 32-in-24 tex

- replaced RL with a clip at the end of my map 42 to remove death exit for continuous players

- EDIT: added fix from @RastaManGames below, same link.

Can't find anything past MAP40. Is there only 40 maps? Did we trim a few off?

4 minutes ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Can't find anything past MAP40. Is there only 40 maps? Did we trim a few off?

Not all submissions listed on the front page were actually received. There are 42 maps, ordering is here

3 minutes ago, Doomy__Doom said:

Not all submissions listed on the front page were actually received. There are 42 maps, ordering is here

Ah, okay. Just making sure.

Also, do we want a custom HUD, or is the vanilla HUD just fine as is? I've got a HUD I was working on for another wad, but it won't be out for a LONG while so I thought I might as well test it out here.
STBAR.png.84a9daec752770832143413704f4be45.png
STARMS.png.80a47e8ba35693206c6ade4888a65dc0.png
TechFlat.png.999434970af54b45326f1f5dff753dd5.png
HUD.zip

EDIT: I've also got a small font I made for the same thing that we can also test out here: Digit_Font.zip

7 minutes ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Ah, okay. Just making sure.

Also, do we want a custom HUD, or is the vanilla HUD just fine as is? I've got a HUD I was working on for another wad, but it won't be out for a LONG while so I thought I might as well test it out here.
STBAR.png.84a9daec752770832143413704f4be45.png
STARMS.png.80a47e8ba35693206c6ade4888a65dc0.png
TechFlat.png.999434970af54b45326f1f5dff753dd5.png
HUD.zip

EDIT: I've also got a small font I made for the same thing that we can also test out here: Digit_Font.zip

Oh that’s nice, good work. I like it a lot 

35 minutes ago, Thatonespymain said:

Oh that’s nice, good work. I like it a lot 

Now that I think about it, I'm not so certain the HUD would gel very well with the wad considering it doesn't really have that sort of theme going for it.

The font would still work pretty well, though. We could probably still use that and it wouldn't look too out-of-place.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3x3eHg-1ksze-e9z4IrOYPtJoSrXDHn/view?usp=share_link

- Added the fix for map 18

- Reorganized wad internally so it's not a pure mess

- Cleaned up some more unused stuff and iwad-identical M_DOOM

- Added the HUD and menu font for now. I also initially thought it wouldn't mesh well, but it's surprisingly not that bad. We have custom colormaps anyway, so everything's already weird and not entirely vanilla (chiefly - damage/berserk tint). @Emperor S P O O N your hud - your choice, maybe give a few random levels a go, and if you don't like it I'll remove the hud.

We still need an INTERPIC, that's the last hard stop.

Spoiler

Bug on MAP03: image.png.8af61b9bb5f2986bbbd55d0b5eb7f1b1.png

3 hours ago, Doomy__Doom said:

@Emperor S P O O N your hud - your choice, maybe give a few random levels a go, and if you don't like it I'll remove the hud.

Yea, I'm not so certain the HUD works as well as vanilla, at least for this specific wad. I could try doing a new one specifically for this, so I'll try to make some time for that.
The font works perfectly fine, no need to remove that.

2 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

What about this wooden hud? Works with most fonts.

WoodHud.zip

Looks pretty good, although I would personally like the HUD to have a more concrete/caution tape vibe to it.

EDIT: Might want to recolor the big custom HUD numbers to red and get rid of the small custom HUD numbers if we're going with the wood one.

Edited by Emperor S P O O N

I realised this mods concept would be hilariously fitting for a Valentine’s Day wad

How about this for the hud: https://postimg.cc/2VnyBJ7X

Deus Vult II's stbar (why yes I've been perusing DWs old hud suggestion threads lol) + Emperor's hud font remapped into red/yellow. Should go reasonably well with any map theme.

Credit pic: https://postimg.cc/rRKhPxQK

The order of mappers is exclusively to accomodate General Rainbow Bacon's name length.

Concrete slab background is from OTEX and unless someone has better ideas, I will totally make that our INTERPIC because beating my head against the wall is the best I can do here.

12 minutes ago, Doomy__Doom said:

How about this for the hud: https://postimg.cc/2VnyBJ7X

Deus Vult II's stbar (why yes I've been perusing DWs old hud suggestion threads lol) + Emperor's hud font remapped into red/yellow. Should go reasonably well with any map theme.

Credit pic: https://postimg.cc/rRKhPxQK

The order of mappers is exclusively to accomodate General Rainbow Bacon's name length.

Concrete slab background is from OTEX and unless someone has better ideas, I will totally make that our INTERPIC because beating my head against the wall is the best I can do here.

Both look great! Yea, concrete INTERPIC will do well. Also, don't forget about the MAP03 bug I found earlier.

10 minutes ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Also, don't forget about the MAP03 bug I found earlier.

Which bug is that again? I'm getting lost in this thread's archaeology T_T

I''ve played map 3 today (zombie/imp with a billion shootable switches) and don't remember anything standing out.

Just now, Doomy__Doom said:

Which bug is that again? I'm getting lost in this thread's archaeology T_T

I''ve played map 3 today (zombie/imp with a billion shootable switches) and don't remember anything standing out.

image.png.0da9941f7ac277a7e0c07288a087e1d5.png

4 hours ago, Emperor S P O O N said:

Yea, I'm not so certain the HUD works as well as vanilla, at least for this specific wad.

I like how it looks for what it's worth.

I was running in Software mode. I learned the hard way that you should always playtest your maps in Software mode 'cause things pop up in Software that get missed or patched over in OpenGL.

I reported the above bug a while ago and thought it had been fixed. So it's possible the version of this map in the current build is not the newest one.