Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Jeff

2 ENEMY COMMUNITY PROJECT [DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

1 minute ago, Rabbid said:

Wait so where do we submit our maps?

Put it in a .zip file and upload it here

17 hours ago, gabirupee said:

Here my contribuition, its a mini arena fight (i included a secret exit as you asked).

-DOOM2.WAD 
-complevel 9 (boom-strict) 
-title: The mumbling harp 
-map slot: 15
-midi: spicecave by Ribbiks 
-tested: nugget doom 1.8.0, dsda doom 0.24.2, gzdoom 4.8.0 
-build time: 1 day
-monsters: hell knight's and cyberdemons
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20220617_154353.png.106afe1c31e45ac421aaf7ff0b1c8693.png

(not exactly a requirement, but it was made to be used with software render)

Download

Please add difficulty levels, ITYTD, HMP AND UV are the same. also add some more cells at the start, if a player kills the cyberdemon it's practically impossible to continue.

39 minutes ago, Thatonespymain said:

add some more cells at the start, if a player kills the cyberdemon it's practically impossible to continue

If you take 2 cells then 2-shot cybie, take another cell,

then deal with hks taking the last cell during the process, you will have 120-200 ammo remaining in average before proceeding to the next fight.

6 minutes ago, Vrhrlv said:

If you take 2 cells then 2-shot cybie, take another cell,

then deal with hks taking the last cell during the process, you will have 120-200 ammo remaining in average before proceeding to the next fight.

i think my source port is messing up, it takes ages to kill the cybie and the hell knights. damn me for using from doom with love

2 hours ago, Thatonespymain said:

Please add difficulty levels, ITYTD, HMP AND UV are the same. also add some more cells at the start, if a player kills the cyberdemon it's practically impossible to continue.

I updated the google drive link, now the map have difficulty levels.

Map Name: Storage Warehouse
Author: Bob9001
Music: Fight the logic if you can (Map 20 of Alien Vendetta).
Format: Boom (-complevel 9)
Difficulty Settings: Yes. Lower difficulties have less enemies and some resources are in different places.

Comments: Have done more exstensive testing in Single Player and Co-op, should be in a finished state now unless someone brings something to my attention! :)

Storage Warehouse (2M)TR.zip

Edited by Bob9001 : THIRD AND MOST LIKELY FINAL RELEASE OUT NOW

5 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Here's my finished (ready to test) Map 03. Has some coop and difficulty implemented but I would like some feedback on ammo and enemy placement before I go and finish balancing for coop/difficulty levels. Has the midi from Alien Vendetta Map 20 so credit to that wad.

Let me know what's good and what's not.

2m_Map03.zip

I’ll check it out when I go home

5 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Had a go for breakfast.

Definitely needs fixing:

Spoiler

- I think Megasphere secret is unobtainanble outside of maybe zero press because you have WR teleport to 22 in front of the gargoyle inside the marble crate
- Yellow bars should raise all together, not 1 by 1

Possibly needs attention:

Spoiler

- secret behind the start isn't marked secret
- lowerable part of short walls at the beginning isn't telegraphed (same as uninteractable ones)
- pegged doortracks everywhere
- invisible wall that blocks BK isn't telegraphed in any way (i.e. bars, forcefield, floor texture or something)
- Teleport to 22 secret is really late in progression, by that point you'd be swimming in blue armors and whatnot. It would help with BK Cyber fight, it's cramped enough for many people to take splash, esp. if they missed starting secret
- Why secret megaarmor which requires entering the area with free megaarmor? While we're at it - I don't think brown face being a 2-step secret is worth the trouble, unless you significantly cut down on blue armor availability
- Missing plasma hurts a lot (it's not a secret technically, but is effectively in how you obtain it), a backup somewhere towards the end or in a secret would be nice

For something positive - while I don't often play 90s maps, this definitely feels like one. If that's what you were going for, then disregard my remarks about telegraphing stuff. As to combat - idk, maybe experiment with making some areas a tad bit darker (not pitch black) to play a bit more into the "sneaky spectre facerocket" angle? Ammo was alright to get through even with missed plasma.

6 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Here's my finished (ready to test) Map 03. Has some coop and difficulty implemented but I would like some feedback on ammo and enemy placement before I go and finish balancing for coop/difficulty levels. Has the midi from Alien Vendetta Map 20 so credit to that wad.

2m_Map03.zip

needs some better detailing imo, add some computers here and there to spice it up

Here's my WIP Map18. Going with Doom 1 hell vibes with a focus on casual action. Nothing fancy, but hopefully something fun and visually interesting! Would love feedback on it.

2enemy_map18_unfinished.zip

Edit: I should mention I haven't adjusted it for difficulty settings. Will do that towards the end!

1 hour ago, StarfishCommand said:

Here's my WIP Map18. Going with Doom 1 hell vibes with a focus on casual action. Nothing fancy, but hopefully something fun and visually interesting! Would love feedback on it.

2enemy_map18_unfinished.zip

Edit: I should mention I haven't adjusted it for difficulty settings. Will do that towards the end!

feels like a sandy petersen map, the music helps with the doom 1 feel. you can use a custom sky btw and i'm thinking of making an asset pack

16 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

2m_Map03.zip

Did a blind run of your map. Finished it in 5 attempts. I dislike the unpegged doors and the unmarked secrets, also you have no indication that the wall at the very start can be lowered. The megaarmor secret is useless since you get it in the same room anyway. The yellow bars should be all opened from interacting with just one, like in Doom 2 MAP02. Other than that, a neat map.

EDIT: forgot to mention that you can cheese the last cyberdemon, which i did.

fda-2enemy03.rar

54 minutes ago, Paf said:

@Thatonespymain I'm in. MAP48 (since that's the earliest open map), Revenants and chaingunners.

Sorry that combination has been used 3 times already, can you please pick another pair 

6 hours ago, Thatonespymain said:

feels like a sandy petersen map, the music helps with the doom 1 feel. you can use a custom sky btw and i'm thinking of making an asset pack

I sure can! I was actually thinking of using one. Is there a special lump I should define, or is it enough to just throw in a texture with the wad?

12 minutes ago, Thatonespymain said:

Sorry that combination has been used 3 times already, can you please pick another pair 

Revenants and Shotgunners

2 minutes ago, StarfishCommand said:

I sure can! I was actually thinking of using one. Is there a special lump I should define, or is it enough to just throw in a texture with the wad?

Use UMAPINFO, it can easily define skies

12 hours ago, Doomy__Doom said:

Had a go for breakfast.

Definitely needs fixing:

Hide contents

- I think Megasphere secret is unobtainanble outside of maybe zero press because you have WR teleport to 22 in front of the gargoyle inside the marble crate
- Yellow bars should raise all together, not 1 by 1

Possibly needs attention:

Hide contents

- secret behind the start isn't marked secret
- lowerable part of short walls at the beginning isn't telegraphed (same as uninteractable ones)
- pegged doortracks everywhere
- invisible wall that blocks BK isn't telegraphed in any way (i.e. bars, forcefield, floor texture or something)
- Teleport to 22 secret is really late in progression, by that point you'd be swimming in blue armors and whatnot. It would help with BK Cyber fight, it's cramped enough for many people to take splash, esp. if they missed starting secret
- Why secret megaarmor which requires entering the area with free megaarmor? While we're at it - I don't think brown face being a 2-step secret is worth the trouble, unless you significantly cut down on blue armor availability
- Missing plasma hurts a lot (it's not a secret technically, but is effectively in how you obtain it), a backup somewhere towards the end or in a secret would be nice

For something positive - while I don't often play 90s maps, this definitely feels like one. If that's what you were going for, then disregard my remarks about telegraphing stuff. As to combat - idk, maybe experiment with making some areas a tad bit darker (not pitch black) to play a bit more into the "sneaky spectre facerocket" angle? Ammo was alright to get through even with missed plasma.

The megasphere is obtainable, but im not gonna tell everyone how to get it. I can't even leave anything as a secret haha.

That's not a secret at the start, its for people who actually check for things.
The invisable wall I will change, I need to figure out how to do that, but don't worry its on the list.
Oh yes you're right there, I will change the megarmour to something else actually.

Thank you for your feedback.

13 hours ago, muumi said:

Name: House of Paincubus

Mapper: Muumi

Midi: Autumnal Chills by Tristan Clark

Monsters: Mancubus and Pain Elemental

Difficulties: Yes

Run and dont die lmao

Download: muumi_house_of_paincubus.zip

ssAciPc.png

My biggest problem with your map is that the beginning section is too RNG heavy. Before you get the SSG, your entire run depends on  monster movement. After you get the SSG, there are less monsters so you can more comfortably run past them.

Blind run demo attached, as always

fda-2enemy40.rar

25 minutes ago, ONETAPPYBOI said:

My biggest problem with your map is that the beginning section is too RNG heavy. Before you get the SSG, your entire run depends on  monster movement. After you get the SSG, there are less monsters so you can more comfortably run past them.

thanks, ill watch the demo later. Yeah the area before ssg might be bit strict. Thought there should be space to look for openings, ill consider if I should move some of the mancubus around in that area.

RC1 of my submission for the project. The bizzarro, slightly trolly puzzlefest you might expect from me. You can choose to pistol down fifty or so Barons of Hell / Hell Knight, or you can use their own stinky traps against them. Pacifist and speedrunning friendly, UV-max is possible but will require some creative thinking. Playtesting to catch the myriad softlocks a map like this is bound to have is very much appreciated. 

Name: Capricorn Two

Mapper: Thelokk

Midi: "Death's Bells" from TNT

Monsters: Hell knights and Barons of Hell

Difficulties: Yes

Coop: yes, both starts and exclusive items

DM: yes, starts only

Textures: base Doom 2, sky from Mechadon's

ektbdUd.png

@Thatonespymain Hey! I've been trying to get dehacked to work but I'm definetly doing something wrong. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get it running any time soon. 

So I'm dropping out of community project. Here  (Base Run.zip) is my map so far if anyone wants to use it for any of his projects. Map01 slot is now open. 

Another reason I'm dropping out is free time reduction. I'm going to put more effort into another community project I'm in. 

Have fun with this one, i'll probably get my ass whooped when i download it in a few months xd.

TL;DR: I'm out. Map01 slot is now open. 

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

@Thelokk
Nice puzzle map, the only issues I've found over a couple runs are:
- Starting room secret sector is easy to miss by accident if you stick close to the pillar when going for the switch
- A couple homs when stuff is moving (see red arrows)

Spoiler

image.png.72e0ea4584bf541e5e6a06efa1f54f82.png

The only suggestion I have is to maybe make a pedestal with an ammo clip when player gets to the exit, so they know it's a shootie first time.

I guess in terms of progression, there is an issue that going left on the lift first will very likely softlock the player due to too many barons riding up the red lifts, but looking at it another way - that's part of the puzzle, because you can softlock on the lift from other stuff like leaving roaming HKs on the armor floor. Idk what was and wasn't intended here, so I'll mention it.