Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Jeff

2 ENEMY COMMUNITY PROJECT [DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

1 hour ago, scwiba said:

What's the verdict on this? -- just so I know if I should rush to finish my map in the next however many hours.

@Thatonespymain I'm wondering this too since I won't be finish with mine today that I started a few days ago.

Ok so i'm determined to finish my map since its also has a (late (September 29th) birthday gift for my friend!

Edited by Rabbid : added birthday date

5 hours ago, Philnemba said:

@Thatonespymain I'm wondering this too since I won't be finish with mine today that I started a few days ago.

I’ve extended the deadline so it’s now October 7th

On 9/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, Kuro_mahoh said:

Behold! (If the balancing is too mean or too nice or anything else should be changed just tell me)

No new textures except for a new sky 
Can be difficult or easy depending on your skill
Midi: Led Zeppelin midi (D'yer Mak'er) 
MAP04

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dp7u3hhl1i9bor2/SmellsLikeBoners.wad/file

Screenies

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_1534.png

Screenshot_1536.png

Screenshot_1537.png

Thank you for your participation 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, Engired said:

Name: On Pillars

Song: Strange Beginnings by Mark Klem

Sky: DSKSKY9/10 (?)

Tested in: Woof

Difficulties: All

Co-op/Multiplayer: None

Download: OnPillars.zip

Screenshots:

Hide contents

JTc269T.png

hKTTH5w.png

Notes:

Hide contents

I'm not convinced about the gameplay, but it may be fine. It's a little short, but it should also be fine as it is. I'm not convinced about the sky and music, but I don't know of anything better. I think the pillars are fine as they are, but if they're badly blocking rockets, I can remove them.

Thank you for your participation 

I can’t be bothered to keep replying “thank you for your participation” then waiting like 5-10 minutes so everyone thank you for your participation. 

7 hours ago, scwiba said:

What's the verdict on this? -- just so I know if I should rush to finish my map in the next however many hours.

Definitely extended it until 7th October, it’s very unfair for me to just say no to those people

6 hours ago, Thatonespymain said:

I can’t be bothered to keep replying “thank you for your participation” then waiting like 5-10 minutes so everyone thank you for your participation. 

XD

6 hours ago, Thatonespymain said:

Typical forum etiquette is to not post twice in a row unless some time has passed and you have an important update to bump the thread with, so yes, single-post thanks is most appropriate here. (You could still quote or @ multiple people in one post if you wanted)

1 hour ago, Scypek2 said:

Typical forum etiquette is to not post twice in a row unless some time has passed and you have an important update to bump the thread with, so yes, single-post thanks is most appropriate here. (You could still quote or @ multiple people in one post if you wanted)

I didnt know i could do that, really shows how i'm very new to doomworld.

My Updated Map! This MIGHT be the last version, but if any issues are revealed, I will fix them and repost ASAP!
(I Also didn't use a PSX SSG sprite in it, but I wanted to since it looked better than the base)

Chaingunner Knight City.zip

(Oh yeah and it contains some credits...which I definitely rushed because I didn't know what I was supposed to put in it XD) 

uh yeah so @Thatonespymain if mines in I would prefer this one being in the mod... also hi

Edited by Rabbid : I just wanted to ping that one spy main

On 9/30/2022 at 2:31 AM, ONETAPPYBOI said:

I have remarkably few things to say about this map's gameplay (good thing btw). I do have a few bugs though.
1) This LITE texture isn't lower unpegged.doom168.png.a83a713e0483306c8ce57580546fc7c0.png

2) This TLITE texture cuts off, i suggest making a small sector at the edge with CEIL5_2 as it's ceiling so that the  TLITE texture naturally transitions into the regular one.doom169.png.77e58f061cc28930abd025714b999dba.png

3) Small HOM here.doom171.png.570ea6d26d59a344a0a0688b3be521ce.png

4) This light repeats. I suggest dividing this linedef up into smaller ones and then giving some of them the regular brick texture. doom172.png.c7ce856ede460a68c8ff4b4ab64c1152.png

5) This lift actually damages you, like the surrounding floor.doom173.png.f65910a5cdb4de2f2e0c0dd2330e54e9.png

6) You can grab the supercharge in this secret by SR50ing at the wall, which i assume is not the intended method since i couldn't trigger the actual secret that way.doom174.png.2c88b7c077bafb31a0408f11bd3bd9d2.png

7) This EXIT sign tiles vertically a lot, what you could do is make a little dent in the wall just big enough to fit a single EXITSIGN texture.doom175.png.4872b5b20c429c4c0fcbb1f6253642f6.png

8) This STEP texture doesn't look like it's supposed to be there.doom176.png.912c9f20f122f1d27e50c1a9f6e65880.png

FDA - fda-2enemy04.rar (P.S. sorry for my shit aim in the demo, i played this in early morning and tired.)

Fixed what you said was wrong (and I think I got the jist of the exit sign) Also I made a new texture for one specific thing 

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k92gaz5p102rxrp/SmellsLikeBonersV2.wad/file

@Thatonespymain This is the V2 file

(Added texture for one single fix) 

Screenshot is the texture, this design is very human. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_1540.png

On 10/1/2022 at 1:04 AM, Scypek2 said:

I finished my map!

Phrenology.zip

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20221001_000032.png.904b69b8ceccbf82e2bd66f568a1b82a.png

First of all, thank you for using Funkie Colonel Bill (i think that is it's name) as midi, we need more SoD midis in Wolf3D themed maps. Secondly, either i cheesed the map by getting an SS to open a locked door or it's a reference to that one Wolf3D map where you have to get a horde of guards to open an otherwise locked door (just checked and it's E4M7). Thirdly, shownas1.png.36e3269aea3027b375d522f5d81f285b.png. 

FDA - fda-2enemy41.rar

Edited by ONETAPPYBOI

On 10/1/2022 at 9:31 PM, RileyXY1 said:

2ENEMYLSA.zip

My map is officially finished.

1) The indoor areas look really samey, play with their height, lighting, and textures, as well as try to make the walls less flat by adding some detail or making the doors not flush with the walls.
2) All doors have their DOORTRAK textures not lower unpegged.

3) Most secrets are unmarked, which is just bad level design.
4) Plasma secret is S1, which means you can softlock yourself out of 100%. 
5) The map gives you too much ammo and health for a grand total of 13 arachnotrons and a couple dozen lost souls. 
6) The map feels too safe. There were no traps meaning that i could just grab items without any fear of getting punished for it.

FDA: fda-2enemy62.rar

Besides removing excess ammo, two traps have been added, one for the blue key, and one across from the BFG secret.

2ENEMYLSA2.zip

This is a new updated version that removes excess ammo and health, adds additional enemies on higher difficulties, adds three new traps, and fixes the softlock on the plasma gun secret.

Hey, this looks really interesting to me! Is there any space for me i would like to try that?

EDIT: found out max slot limit is 64 maps but looking foward to play it when its done

11 hours ago, ONETAPPYBOI said:

First of all, thank you for using Funkie Colonel Bill (i think that is it's name) as midi, we need more SoD midis in Wolf3D themed maps. Secondly, either i cheesed the map by getting an SS to open a locked door or it's a reference to that one Wolf3D map where you have to get a horde of guards to open an otherwise locked door (just checked and it's E4M7). Thirdly, shownas1.png.36e3269aea3027b375d522f5d81f285b.png. 

FDA - fda-2enemy41.rar

Thanks for the playtest! I made half of the map in a hurry, so I'm glad there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it! Also, congrats on not dying - your demo has been a thrill to watch, I thought for sure the big ambush was gonna get you! It was also amusing to see stuff like checking to see if the glowing sector is damaging, or peeking inside the x-shaped gap in the ceiling.

Sometimes I like to be merciful by keeping wallhump secrets visible on the automap! It certainly helped with the last one. So I think I'll keep it that way. The locked door openable by enemies was most certainly deliberate - it took some extra trickery to pull off! The whole map was going to have a lot more doors like these (fun fact, this mechanic is how you can approximate monster closet ambushes in wolf3d!), but in the end it didn't really happen. Maybe it's for the best that the deadline crept up on me - it kept the map short and sweet!

15 minutes ago, Scypek2 said:

Thanks for the playtest! I made half of the map in a hurry, so I'm glad there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it! Also, congrats on not dying - your demo has been a thrill to watch, I thought for sure the big ambush was gonna get you! It was also amusing to see stuff like checking to see if the glowing sector is damaging, or peeking inside the x-shaped gap in the ceiling.

Sometimes I like to be merciful by keeping wallhump secrets visible on the automap! It certainly helped with the last one. So I think I'll keep it that way. The locked door openable by enemies was most certainly deliberate - it took some extra trickery to pull off! The whole map was going to have a lot more doors like these (fun fact, this mechanic is how you can approximate monster closet ambushes in wolf3d!), but in the end it didn't really happen. Maybe it's for the best that the deadline crept up on me - it kept the map short and sweet!

The credit is undeserved - i died in the big ambush once, but you can't see it because i used DSDA's keyframes as makeshift quicksaves.

16 minutes ago, Scypek2 said:

Also you could useshownas1.png.069ca58a3049e6fd67bc5e98a20c0633.png only on traps and not on secrets to give the player a clues while keeping traps a surprise.

2ENEMYLSA3.zip

Here's another new version of my map, which I made in response to an error I made in the previous version, where I marked a walkover action line as a switch action line instead. I fixed that, along with making the first teleporter room bigger and adding a pair of Lost Souls to the second teleporter room.

17 hours ago, Pezl said:

Hey, this looks really interesting to me! Is there any space for me i would like to try that?

EDIT: found out max slot limit is 64 maps but looking foward to play it when its done

There’s like 4 days left until the deadline