Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Player T

How do I make a looping conveyor belt?

I'm trying to make this conveyor belt loop. Or even just get the items on the conveyor belt to be teleported to the very back. I'm using UDMF. Here is the map file 

factory.zip1029437536_factory.wad(MAP01)-GZDoomBuilder6_20_20226_32_58PM.png.02b1bacafc9a824bdddc384ae410495f.png

I would suggest a silent teleporter, however I'm not sure that weapons/ammo/etc. are able to trigger teleporters.

Alternatively, you could make your conveyor belt loop around instead of vanishing off into nothingness, though that would constrict your level geometry somewhat (unless you're willing to get into using Portal linedefs)

What would be the best way to loop the conveyor belt? I've not been able to get the conveyor belt to move in any other direction, only right. 

Tried a few things since I've never actually built a conveyor for my maps before. What seems to work best in UDMF is using line special 223 (Scroll Floor) and setting the scroll effect to be applied to both the floor and things. Attached is an example map: conveyor_example.zip

On 6/21/2022 at 1:43 AM, SMG_Man said:

I would suggest a silent teleporter, however I'm not sure that weapons/ammo/etc. are able to trigger teleporters.

They do. Normally only projectiles are blocked from teleporting.