Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlinkyWinky

Aquarius199 is calling it talking about calling it quits

Sorry, fam but I had to put this out there...

Aquarious199 is talking of calling it quits and I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to give a shout on his/her YT channel and show some love. I've been watching the channel for years and just wanted  to show some support. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Aquarius199

Damn. I haven't watched his content in a while. It just wasn't something I enjoyed anymore but still feels weird that he's quitting. I mean his videos were what led me down the Sourceport/Doombuilder rabbit hole and indirectly brought me to Doomworld. Hope things go well for him.

Wow. When I was first returning to Doom, his Youtube videos were some of the first I watched, with his reviews of good and bad wads. Everything comes to an end, and everyone eventually decides it's time to hang it up, but even though I haven't watched much of his channel in recent years, I always enjoyed his videos.

Trying to force or manipulate someone into doing something they clearly no longer feel passion for is understandable but really you should consider this person's feelings first. Are you doing it for them or because you do not want to lose the content they create? People's passions and interests change with time. It is inevitable. The best thing to do would be to thank them, wish them the best, and remind them you will be there still subscribed should they wish to return.

28 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Trying to force or manipulate someone into doing something they clearly no longer feel passion for is understandable but really you should consider this person's feelings first. Are you doing it for them or because you do not want to lose the content they create? People's passions and interests change with time. It is inevitable. The best thing to do would be to thank them, wish them the best, and remind them you will be there still subscribed should they wish to return. 

Wait what? I don't think OP is trying to manipulate Aquarious into not quitting?

Also the dude's on Doomworld so I wonder if someone should tag him to this thread.

32 minutes ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

Yeah, I'm sorry that it might end the way it could, as I never wanted to make that announcement. However, I made over 380 Doom WAD playthrough videos, which I still feel would be a good run if I end up stopping.

Then again, if some miracle were to happen, then I would consider continuing. But we'll have to see.

Disregard the hate, I loved your videos and your perspective on an unjustly maligned piece of Doom history. Thanks for all you've done so far, and good luck in all future endeavours :)

2 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

Yeah, I'm sorry that it might end the way it could, as I never wanted to make that announcement. However, I made over 380 Doom WAD playthrough videos, which I still feel would be a good run if I end up stopping.

That and the fact that you made videos more or less consistently for about a decade. If you never make another one again, you can be proud of all you've done.

3 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I'm not the biggest fan of his content either, but could you try a little harder not be dick?

100% this, I was exactly this kind of dick back in the day and boy do I regret it.

Sometimes it's best to not speak at all.

-

It's sad to see him go really, I used to watch his older stuff religiously when it came out, it was a huge inspiration when I first started uploading to my channel (my first real video, now deleted, was a massive rip-off of one of his not gonna lie). Whilst I may have fallen out with the content and what it covered over time there's no denying that (when I hadn't the technology but had the spirit for making videos) they were almost a role model for me.

Godspeed king.

He introduced me to Doom and the modding scene. I loved his Terry WAD content. This information saddens me. I haven't even finished watching all of these.

Pretty sad, Aquaris was the best Doom WAD Playtester and he even took it upon himself to play troll wads so you don't, i hope he gets motivated to make more videos, otherwise the doom community is going to miss him...

Regardless whether you like the videos or not, he brought Doom to the masses and helped bring attention to new and old wads alike. Sometimes a pat on the back and kind word is all a person needs. Reviewing wads can be a thankless job, imho. If it's their time to move on, so be it, but I kind send off for someone who's been there for years would be nice. 

Sad to see you go @NiTROACTiVE. I've enjoyed your videos over the years, but everyone needs a break or a change of pace now and then. Good luck with the next endeavor.

It sucks when real life issues rears its ugly head and drags you off from making stuff you're passionate about, but that's life. 

I enjoyed his good/average/weird/dumb/crap wads reviews, except those which are terrywads.

That's sad to hear. Godspeed Aquarious/@NiTROACTiVE , one of the most prolific Doom Youtubers ever, I've been watching your content since I was into Doom, and without your videos, I would probably lose interest in playing Doom. I wish you good luck with your future endeavors.

I've enjoyed his content in the past, though I do admit thinking about how if I ever gave him something to play, I'd be adding some anti-cheating methods so that he couldn't just IDDQD through it. :)

But I'd also not be a dick and send some monster with a single pixel hitbox at him with 4 billion health, either, so I think that's balanced.

@NiTROACTiVE, if he's done, has had a good run. Maybe he needs a break from it, partially or completely. I love a lot of things, but I can't do any one of them for too long or it'd drive me nuts. I couldn't imagine doing it for a decade.

So if this is goodbye, safe journeys. And if it's just a "see you later," we'll still be waiting for you on the other side.

Aquarius199 unironically inspired me to get properly into Doom mapping, back in 2016 or so.

I watched a review of one of the Terrywads they used to cover, and genuinely found myself thinking "If a drunk troll can produce a functional Doom map, then surely I can!". So I downloaded DoomBuilder and the rest is history!

So genuinely, thank you. Doom mapping was the creative outlet I never realize I needed, and if it wasn't for your videos, I never would have felt confident enough to try it.

Man that sucks... i used to watch him when i was younger when i didn't have a PC to play doom maps, i was obsessed, i can still remember his old intro using the TNTE text music.