Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Doom 64 now available on GOG

As said in the Thread on General, that is a ninja Release.

I'll buy it and dump the Installer somewhere.

Since Russia is going on War and China could follow after Taiwan, we could end bad

and than i need some Backups :P

I have been playing this version and I have noticed some nice fixes too! Really liking it and its on a fantastic sale price!

The price is indeed fantastic!  Just bought it, really love what GOG are doing lately.

Have it already on the Switch and Steam. Would have bought it on GOG before Steam. But I wanted to try out DOOM CE last August, so I went with the Steam version.

Anyway, better late than never.

16 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

It's the Bethesda version though. :(

Who else is supposed to be publishing it, Square Enix?

How safe is it to assume any additional fixes in the GOG version will be released for the Steam version as well? I saw someone mention some weapon sprite scaling fixes for instance. 

It's cool to see this game still getting supported, even if it's just a small rerelease

5 hours ago, pantheon said:

How safe is it to assume any additional fixes in the GOG version will be released for the Steam version as well? I saw someone mention some weapon sprite scaling fixes for instance. 

Ohh, this would be good to know. I would like to know, if my Switch or Steam version is outdated.

If I remember a post here on this forum correctly, then the Switch version or better say console versions were not updated, but the steam version was and there is this one called sprite issue, correct?

Would be great to know this fixed. I have anyway the Steam version only for mods/wads and for playtime counting.

9 hours ago, pantheon said:

I am only guessing, but I think there is a very high chance of this down the line. Nightdive tends to find a way. Perhaps something might coincide with the physical release of the Xbox version of Doom 64.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:18 PM, Azuris said:

Since Russia is going on War and China could follow after Taiwan, we could end bad

and than i need some Backups :P

Well you own the files you download so it shouldn't be a problem!

I was able to snag this at the end of the Summer Sale on GOG thanks to my brother and it's a fantastic DRM-free surprise I wasn't expecting. Thank you guys for putting this on GOG! Here's to hoping that the Unity ports of Doom and Doom II will get their GOG release too!

On 6/26/2022 at 12:43 AM, pantheon said:

Definitely happening, just don't know when yet.