Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Immorpher

Doom 64 Reloaded for the Doom 64 Remaster (Steam, GOG, Epic Games, Bethesda.net, Game Pass)

3 hours ago, Lord_Kane said:

@AtomicFrog in Level 12: Alpha Quadrant as I approached the Exit Door I found this: 

That's an odd bug.
Can you repeatedly do it? As it's not happening at my end.
Are you using the Remaster or the EX+ version?
Looks like one of the sectors hasnt moved for some reason.

2 minutes ago, AtomicFrog said:

That's an odd bug.
Can you repeatedly do it? As it's not happening at my end.
Are you using the Remaster or the EX+ version?
Looks like one of the sectors hasnt moved for some reason.

Its on Remastered, and I can repeat it if I use the same save, but if I use the level select on features its fine or if I do a restart level from the bugged save its fine. so i dont know if it was some kind of hiccup or what, I would do a new save to play through it but I just dont have the time right now. 

Only thing I can think... is that there was a monster left alive in the passage above... and it was standing on that sector when the macro to change it's height was activated. I will make these sectors '666 Instant Death' and see if that stops it happening.

SECTOR.png

1 minute ago, AtomicFrog said:

Only thing I can think... is that there was a monster left alive in the passage above... and it was standing on that sector when the macro to change it's height was activated. I will make these sectors '666 Instant Death' and see if that stops it happening.

SECTOR.png

Do what you need to do bossman, you can also poke me on discord if you need more. 

12 hours ago, Lord_Kane said:

Do what you need to do bossman, you can also poke me on discord if you need more. 

Some rare random bugs are difficult to fix 100%
The Catacombs for example is very macro heavy with lengthy macros that have a lot of things happening.
Id noticed that sometimes... the door that closes behind you in the first trap room 'the one with the two barons' would sometimes not open when the red key was picked up. So I removed that command from the macro and made a separate switch for that action. Which fixed that random bug.
But Im sure people will come across more.
Such bugs always seem to involve a moving sector... be it a door... crusher... stairs etc. 

i have encountered some kind of bug as well, in the map spawned fear it seems impossible to reach the yellow skull key, ive spent 1 hours and 20 minutes yesterday trying to strafe run to it from the platform above.

7 hours ago, Adem said:

i have encountered some kind of bug as well, in the map spawned fear it seems impossible to reach the yellow skull key, ive spent 1 hours and 20 minutes yesterday trying to strafe run to it from the platform above.

You're referring to this key?

I checked that level via just loading via the features menu and the yellow key remains accessible just via normal running or straferunning. 

Edited by Lord_Kane

3 hours ago, Lord_Kane said:

I checked that level via just loading via the features menu and the yellow key remains accessible just via normal running or straferunning. 

I was thinking about this... and the only conclusion I can come up with 'as Ive seen several streamers do it' is that @Adem has been playing through the game without having 'RUN' activated?

8 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

I was thinking about this... and the only conclusion I can come up with 'as Ive seen several streamers do it' is that @Adem has been playing through the game without having 'RUN' activated?

i got the key with strafe running now, i had no idea you had to enable a run function but that sounds like it could have been the issue

1 hour ago, Adem said:

i got the key with strafe running now, i had no idea you had to enable a run function but that sounds like it could have been the issue

You're not the first. I saw one guy rage quit the game on Terror Former coz he couldn't grab the blue key in time lol.
I must say... to get all the way to Spawned Fear without having run enabled is quite a feat lol

35 minutes ago, AtomicFrog said:

You're not the first. I saw one guy rage quit the game on Terror Former coz he couldn't grab the blue key in time lol.
I must say... to get all the way to Spawned Fear without having run enabled is quite a feat lol

:P

Another addition in the next update will be the inclusion of these mid texture arches to trim windows and passages.
I think it makes the game look more fancy.

Window.png

Along with smaller addition... such as a new ending in Final Outpost... that allows Doomguy to finish the game by reactivating the portal containment field 'good for any % speed runners' You will also be getting this new map. Evil Intent. The entrance to which is found in Pit Falls... but only on WMD difficulty. 
The map is designed to be more of a 'blast fest' than some super hard challenge for only top tier players.
The BFG in DOOM64 goes underused. But in this open map with monsters packed close together... it gives it a chance to shine.
There's no super reward for completing it... no 4th UnMaker... or missed Artefacts to gain. 
It's just there to be beaten.

15 minutes ago, AtomicFrog said:

Along with smaller addition... such as a new ending in Final Outpost... that allows Doomguy to finish the game by reactivating the portal containment field 'good for any % speed runners' You will also be getting this new map. Evil Intent. The entrance to which is found in Pit Falls... but only on WMD difficulty. 
The map is designed to be more of a 'blast fest' than some super hard challenge for only top tier players.
The BFG in DOOM64 goes underused. But in this open map with monsters packed close together... it gives it a chance to shine.
There's no super reward for completing it... no 4th UnMaker... or missed Artefacts to gain. 
It's just there to be beaten.

Even the punished are not safe from the mission! :D

Here's a short video showing how I'm applying archways and how they improve the look of Reloaded. As the engine never does anything diagonally in the vertical.. I think this hack looks pretty convincing unless you study it. Nice to add yet another enhancement not yet seen in other Doom64 ports. Now those ports will have to refer to them as 'Reloaded Arches' lol

3 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

Here's a short video showing how I'm applying archways and how they improve the look of Reloaded. As the engine never does anything diagonally in the vertical.. I think this hack looks pretty convincing unless you study it. Nice to add yet another enhancement not yet seen in other Doom64 ports. Now those ports will have to refer to them as 'Reloaded Arches' lol

I need this update released already lol 

Well will be a while yet. Immorpher is going to make some arch textures for the Phobos levels as Im sure I can find places for them. 
Arches have to be placed thoughtfully as they do narrow the passage/doorway so I have to be mindful not to add them to areas where they will block monsters that were previously free to roam.

Reloaded is so good.  Sometimes it feels like I'm playing in a more advanced engine with all the little tricks and creative flourishes.  I can't tell you how impressed I am.  I'm excited for the next release.  Can't wait. :)

2 hours ago, Average said:

Reloaded is so good.  Sometimes it feels like I'm playing in a more advanced engine with all the little tricks and creative flourishes.  I can't tell you how impressed I am.  I'm excited for the next release.  Can't wait. :)

I think any further updates to Reloaded after this one will be done in EX+... which allows for missing monsters and other such things that just can not be done with Remaster. 

So you can expect at some point for there to be an EX+ version of Reloaded... that is noticeably enhanced. 
Things like the final battle... if it had of been possible... I would have liked to have made the true Demon Lord a Super Spider Mastermind... not a nightmare variant of the Mother Demon. And of course.... Revs... we all miss those and they are the cure to Knight/Baron spam. 
Work is already being done on one of my ideas... the Cacubus... a Caco with Manc cannons... can spit out three fireballs in quick succession from his mouth... and has double the health of a Baron... taking ten rockets to vanquish. He will be a mini boss in Reloaded EX+.. included in some key areas.

So yeah... after this 'most probably' final update to Reloaded Remaster.... Reloaded will continue to be worked on.  

So long as it doesnt exceed 64meg lol. As that was the max cart size of the N64... and the purpose of Reloaded is to show of just how nice the original game could have looked.

the mother FUCKER that made the maps "catacombs" must have an extra chromosome in his body because that fucking map cant be beaten, once again im stuck with a "strafing puzzle" you need to strafe to reach an area with a ghost lost soul and a mancubus at the end of the tunnel, i think ive been at it for nearly 2 hours now, 1 time out of 10 i reach the other end of the tunnel and get killed by the mancubus, but 9 out of 10 times i cannot even reach the other side! what sadistic motherfucker would make a map like this?

2 hours ago, Adem said:

the mother FUCKER that made the maps "catacombs" must have an extra chromosome in his body because that fucking map cant be beaten, once again im stuck with a "strafing puzzle" you need to strafe to reach an area with a ghost lost soul and a mancubus at the end of the tunnel, i think ive been at it for nearly 2 hours now, 1 time out of 10 i reach the other end of the tunnel and get killed by the mancubus, but 9 out of 10 times i cannot even reach the other side! what sadistic motherfucker would make a map like this?

you disrespect @AtomicFrog ....

8 hours ago, Adem said:

Please keep the childish raging to yourself. I can assure you... not many people are having difficulties with The Cacacombs.
Medea managed to giggle her way through it with no problem only recently.
And there are walkthroughs on You Tube.
Sounds to me like it's a skill issue... and this MotherFucker doesn't cater his maps for people with those issues.
That particular section you are referring to doesn't even require the player to strafe run... so???
Well unless there is some unforeseen bug in your wad... I really can not understand why anyone would struggle with it. In this video... starting a 4.35 to 4.47, this is this section you are referring to right??? The unbeatable section that only a sadistic motherfucker with an extra chromosome would make???

In future... if you find that you are having difficulty with a certain map... ask here POLITELY for help... and help will be POLITELY given.
If you want to just game rage and call people names... just dont bother posting that sort of nonsense here.

Consider this before raging.... Doom64 Reloaded has been play tested hundreds of time by experienced Doom 64 players. With all major bugs/balance issues etc... corrected.
So when you come across such a situation... take a deep breath... chill out... and say 'This is probably something I am doing wrong' 
Yes... as you proclaim... 'Once again I am stuck!' But lets not forget... the last time you 'got stuck' was because you didn't know you could enable run. So spent hours trying to grab the yellow key in Spawned Fear. 
Id have thought... that in itself... would have made you consider that the map was most likely not at fault.
And thereby... not storm into this topic and start insulting it's creator.
Just a thought... but have you deactivated 'Run' without realising it... and have been attempting this section whilst 'strafe walking'???
I really can not understand why a player... even one of very basic skill... would struggle so much with this section.

So.. @Adem.. after watching this playthrough... if you believe there is a problem with the map design... then by all means please leave a polite comment about your findings. And I will address them.
If however you start leaving similar gamer rage comments like a massive man-child... I will simply ask for them to be deleted.
I don't like the way some of the children of the Doom community behave. And I'm certainly not going to put up with a grown man acting that way.

Edited by AtomicFrog

sounds like to me someone needs to politely git gud, even my old man 40 year old ass managed to finish catacombs on reloaded and I only played Doom 64 recently...like I dont remember anymore lol 

Edited by Lord_Kane : im old

1 hour ago, NightFright said:

A fine example why you shouldn't be anywhere near a keyboard when you are drunk. Which I hope was the case here.

who me or adem because both work

Edited by Lord_Kane