Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacGuffin

[Idgames] 512 Linedefs of /vr/ - Complevel 9 Doom 2 megawad [UMAPINFO]

Nice short-ish maps with just the right difficulty to allow for a fast-paced gameplay while keeping you on your toes a little bit
Quick bug report after playing around 1/3 of the maps:

MAP14:
    - three player 2 starts and no player 3 and 4 starts
MAP26:
    - two player 2 starts and no player 3 starts
MAP29:
    - seems like one of the secrets (sector 54) is meant to be marked by the voodoo doll but that in fact won't work so the secret is inaccessible
MAP30:
    - I assume the 13 stacked masterminds are there to avoid the Romero's head dying too quickly but it still takes damage if you shoot the masterminds with rocket launcher so it doesn't prolong the fight by much. Also, if you are actually meant to kill 13 masterminds to UV max the map, that seems pretty excessive and tedious.

In case you care about maps (and the whole wad) being playable in coop in demo-compatible ports these maps have missing coop starts:
03-07, 11, 15-19, 24, 25, 30, 31

I didn't even realize there were supposed to be multiplayer starts. Unless my map needs updating, I think it's easier for project lead to add them.

On 6/29/2022 at 12:19 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

I didn't even realize there were supposed to be multiplayer starts. Unless my map needs updating, I think it's easier for project lead to add them.

Consider it done. Updated to RC4.

Checked this out in Walpurgis, covering maps 1-6:

Ended up being longer than many of my usual preview videos since they're just my sauce. Short punchy levels are always my favourite, and these deliver that in spades. Good job to all involved. Didn't spot any significant issues.

Hello again,

we're going to play the wad for this week's Thursday Night Survival. Just like before, we're going to use a small patch wad to address the lack of UMAPINFO support in ZDaemon.

The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:38 PM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

we're going to play the wad for this week's Thursday Night Survival. Just like before, we're going to use a small patch wad to address the lack of UMAPINFO support in ZDaemon.

The session starts at 19:00 BST/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

Just a head's up, MAP13 has a major bug in the /idgames release. I'd recommend waiting for the inevitable fix to that version before playing. (You could also just skip that map slot of course. There's 31 other fine maps to enjoy!) This has since been fixed, and the idgames version has been updated.

Edited by Rancid Sam

On 7/19/2022 at 5:57 AM, Consummation said:

Will this work on PrBoom+UMAPINFO port?

I gave it a quick test and the answer seems to be yes. All of the music and special actions work as intended. There might be subtle differences from the tested ports, but the WAD should be beatable from start to finish. 

There was an update a while back to the idgames release to address that bug in MAP13. I edited my original post about it, but I'll take the excuse to make a new post and bump the thread as well.

(Anon asked about this on /vr/.)

map07b "Slivovitz Liver Massacre - Zandy version"

When I step on the water beyond the blue door my controls become inverted. Walk backwards moves me forwards and so on. Is this normal?

I tried gzdoom 4.3.3 and 4.8.1.

11 hours ago, Bryan T said:

map07b "Slivovitz Liver Massacre - Zandy version"

When I step on the water beyond the blue door my controls become inverted. Walk backwards moves me forwards and so on. Is this normal?

I tried gzdoom 4.3.3 and 4.8.1.

Yes, this is intentional.