Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VL2M STUDIO

Doom 32x: Evil Reincarnate - A 32x Doom mod

Looks like I put the thread in the wrong place, so I'll move it here.
In short, I started working on a 32x Doom mod. Will feature new story, new levels and buffed enemies.

I have made some progress, which I'll share here. I'll share even more stuff in the near future.

EDIT: THE DEMO IS OUT!

Edited by VL2M STUDIO

1 hour ago, openxt said:

Looks cool, I love the rifle sprite.

It's the one made by Mike12

Jrmhd91 will be showcasing the first 3 levels of Doom 32x - Evil Reincarnate https://twitch.tv/jrmhd91

Very cool! Is it possible to set textures to be unpegged? Those doors are giving me a hernia xd

2 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Very cool! Is it possible to set textures to be unpegged? Those doors are giving me a hernia xd

It is. But I didn't. Design choice. Wanted to give a feel of machinery moving. I'll think about it.

On 7/17/2022 at 4:31 PM, Sr_Ludicolo said:

On 7/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, VL2M STUDIO said:

It is. But I didn't. Design choice. Wanted to give a feel of machinery moving. I'll think about it.

Alright I pegged the doors

1 hour ago, VL2M STUDIO said:

Alright I pegged the doors

I'm glad ^^

I have no twitter, so I cannot vote.

Green keycard sounds nice, but I think people with a red green weakness will have their problems to differentiate between red and green keycards.

On 8/26/2022 at 6:40 AM, Kyle07 said:

I have no twitter, so I cannot vote.

Green keycard sounds nice, but I think people with a red green weakness will have their problems to differentiate between red and green keycards.

Did not think about that. Good point. Considering that at the time I'm writing this the results are 50/50, there may be a chance to not make this change.

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I guess it could be an issue. Not sure if there are options or possibilities which could help in this case.

The original has them red so I don't think it should be an issue to keep them in this case, otherwise if you really want to change them I always found the red hearts more natural. Wolfenstein 3D did the change to hearts on medkits on the PS3/360 and I never saw anyone complain about that one.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, dusk-iv said:

The original has them red so I don't think it should be an issue to keep them in this case, otherwise if you really want to change them I always found the red hearts more natural. Wolfenstein 3D did the change to hearts on medkits on the PS3/360 and I never saw anyone complain about that one.

At least it's not pills.

Anyways, forgot to say here that I will make some mockups regarding the changes (keycards and medkits) and post them here and see what everyone here thinks.

As I said before, I made some mockups for all the possible replacements. Tell me which one you want to be replaced with which if you want.
image.png.7b8eb032ab53cfd9ccccd6e2319b47e5.png

On 8/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, Kyle07 said:

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I guess it could be an issue. Not sure if there are options or possibilities which could help in this case.

Ok, I tested a mockup with a colorblind tester. The only thing I found slightly odd is with blue color issues. The green key would look like cyan and the blue key would be dark blue. So it should be fine.

I have decided that the Yellow Key will be replaced with the Green Key and that the Red Medkits will be replaced by the Blue Medkits.

Sorry for the lack or updates. I have been busy for the last months so I couldn't work much on this. Here is a nuclear waste processor powered by a Soulsphere.

image-1.png

I started redesigning some maps. I started to think the aesthetic doesn't fit with the narrative for some of them.

I apologize for the lack of updates. I don't have that much time to work on it more now. I'll try my best.