Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PliznoRing

My First Wad (Lab Raid)

I would like to share with you all my first doom WAD, I know it's hot garbage, but it's a first attempt!

Read me file included.

Lab Raid.rar

Edited by PliznoRing

Hey, have more self confidence, we all started from somewhere. Also, I have not seen hot garbage level yet on doomworld archives. 

@PliznoRing, typical newbie map, but I'm gonna record a video on this and send it to your pm's. nice and short.

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

54 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

What port was this tested in.

Hey,it works both in DSDA and GZDoom, but I have no idea what port he is using. 

Edit, you need to press "use" on exit teleporter

@PliznoRing 

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

I beat it in 40 seconds and it was ok. I wouldn't call it 'hot garbage' since the map isn't broken or anything. The visuals are a bit bad and the combat is super easy and uninspired (why do you get a plasma gun when you've already killed most of the enemies lol?) but that's fine. Watch some tutorials and once you've learned enough about ins and outs of mapping, you can also try to open other people's maps in the editor for inspiration and hints.

Its a start! For your next map, I recommend messing with height variety, taller rooms, sniper enemies, stuff that makes doom special. Maybe try adding a key with an ambush. No one's first map is the best thing ever, keep at it.

It's a pretty good start for your first map. Maybe work with some texture variation, lighting and more variety in rooms just to make the map more exciting to play through. Also, tutorials are pretty good for starting out, here's a couple good ones just for learning the basics of making a map.

8 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Its a start! For your next map, I recommend messing with height variety, taller rooms, sniper enemies, stuff that makes doom special. Maybe try adding a key with an ambush. No one's first map is the best thing ever, keep at it.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take into account all the advice I'm getting so I can improve my next map!