Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat .00/:00 Demos Month

aphexius E1M1 UV-Max in 15:48

aphexiusm1548.zip

Only 98% kills (602/610) possible due to enemies in rooms you cannot get to without locking yourself inside. Other demo on DSDA also only 98%.

20 hours ago, alien111 said:

t-cove map 01 UV Max in 3:43

282 attempts and over 6h and i did it :D

Hey, sorry, but this wad is cl2, you should use that for the run instead of cl9. By the way, 1024abc is also cl2 (your nomo doesn't play back with cl2).

In h_phobia MAP33, when exiting the level, how to avoid the message "create patch: unknown patch format CWILV32" after which the demo is probably lost, or maaaaybe, if I wait long enough, it eventually gets recorded... Tried Dsda-doom 0.24.3 and Prboom+ 2.5.1.4 k.

Ok found the answer thanks @kraflab

Edited by vdgg

2 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, sorry, but this wad is cl2, you should use that for the run instead of cl9. By the way, 1024abc is also cl2 (your nomo doesn't play back with cl2).

How was I supposed to know? Then delete it, I don't feel like going through this a second time

6 minutes ago, alien111 said:

How was I supposed to know? Then delete it, I don't feel like going through this a second time

There are a couple checks you need to make before choosing a complevel on a demo:

• Textfile on idgames: if it says limit-removing or vanilla, usually that means cl2 (cl3 for Doom 1, cl4 for Final Doom), Boom is cl9, MBF is cl11, MBF21 is cl21.
    • In some older wads, limit-removing, Boom, etc., were kinda used interchangeably with no real standard. In those cases, checking what runners used on DSDA is a good idea, if it's established runners that ran the wad and they explain why they used the cl they did, going with that is fine. In general, any ambiguous cases, you should check with the community either by forum post or in the Discord.
  • Also checking DSDA in general is a good idea; see whether previous runners used a particular cl and following them works, although that's assuming they didn't mess it up, and a lot of older entries have wrong cl runs in the main table because there was less enforcement in the past. As such, the idgames txt or confirming with community are preferred for figuring this out.

Note also that if you ever see cl-1 or cl12 or more on DSDA for any wads (other than cl21), it's almost always just someone who used the wrong cl (there are rare exceptions, though). Most other cls are also not important.