Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KineticBeverage

[Map01 Released] Ambrosia (Boom-Compatible)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

about the actual map tho :D
 

Cool concepts there dude! And good visuals as always; glad you have found the motivation to keep mapping. Looking forward to how this wad fleshes out

Share this post


Link to post

Sincerely apologizing, I didn't mean for my now deleted former post to be rude. My choice of wording was excessively poor. What I meant more true to my brain, rather than my stupid fingers, was that I was laughing very hard at the opening because of the evil involved. Taken in context with the description about being harder than Sunlust, I thought this was meant for as more a comedy style trip.

To further elaborate, one of the most fantastic mods I know of is a legit terry wad, but fantastic in that it does mechanics in a style you'll hardly find anywhere else.

Its a wad called Endless Madness. I thought this Ambrosia wad would be a similar context. 

Share this post


Link to post

Very cool map, although way above my skill level to do any kind of a demo.

Seeing HMP implemented would be nice for sure.

 

Looking forward to next maps!

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Ravendesk said:

Very cool map, although way above my skill level to do any kind of a demo.

Seeing HMP implemented would be nice for sure.

 

Looking forward to next maps!

Thanks! I think implementing lower skill levels and saving the map might change how nodes are built or something and that could possibly desync any demos anyone has made of the map already (I know of one person who has), so difficulties for this map in particular are unlikely. But the next map I'm working on certainly will have difficulties implemented as it's a more carefully crafted map.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

where is this fire midi from?
edit: also i think the bars to the exit take a bit too long idk if its valid critcism or not since i didint play alot of it and i'm kinda of a n00b but the 2 times i played the fight i had to wait a while killing cybs through the bars with chaingun or tracers to kill time, maybe infight gods were on my side idk , other than that i loved the map 

Edited by pooplord

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, pooplord said:

where is this fire midi from?

It's from the modarchive.

 

9 hours ago, pooplord said:

edit: also i think the bars to the exit take a bit too long idk if its valid critcism or not since i didint play alot of it and i'm kinda of a n00b but the 2 times i played the fight i had to wait a while killing cybs through the bars with chaingun or tracers to kill time, maybe infight gods were on my side idk , other than that i loved the map 

The bars shouldn't take long to lower. Hitting the 2 fireblu thingies in the room once the final fight starts should lower the bars in less than 10 seconds. Until you press use on each fireblu thing, the bars shouldn't lower at all. If these 2 things aren't happening, then I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you on complevel 9 and using dsda doom?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 11:20 PM, KineticBeverage said:

I think implementing lower skill levels and saving the map might change how nodes are built or something and that could possibly desync any demos anyone has made of the map already

 

If you untag some enemies on lower skills and dont change anything else in the map then it shouldn't desync demos on uv. Tho it's still better to check if the demo plays back. 

If the nodes are still getting rebuilt and demo desyncs, you can copy the THINGS lump from the edited wad file to the old one. 

 

Btw I played the map yesterday and it was pretty cool. Struggled a bit with getting out of the rev ring in the 2nd room, a lot of times I just get cornered when I tried to push through. Also in the long corridor fight I found that focusing on one side and completely ignoring the other one works pretty well. Im not used to 180 button so this approach feels better to me

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, El Inferno said:

 

If you untag some enemies on lower skills and dont change anything else in the map then it shouldn't desync demos on uv. Tho it's still better to check if the demo plays back. 

If the nodes are still getting rebuilt and demo desyncs, you can copy the THINGS lump from the edited wad file to the old one. 

Nice, good knowledge to know, I don't think I'll implement difficulties for the first map because it's an in-your-face slaughterfest and not much else, but I'll try and implement difficulties in most future levels.

 

12 hours ago, El Inferno said:

Btw I played the map yesterday and it was pretty cool. Struggled a bit with getting out of the rev ring in the 2nd room, a lot of times I just get cornered when I tried to push through. Also in the long corridor fight I found that focusing on one side and completely ignoring the other one works pretty well. Im not used to 180 button so this approach feels better to me

Yea I just kind of slapped it together with 8 hrs of build time, gameplay isn't super finetuned or calibrated, but I still hoped it'd be some decent fun. The corridor fight yea you can kinda focus more on one side than the other, but having the cybers teleport in at either end I feel like still makes it really dangerous in the dark. Thanks for playing, am currently working on a pretty ambitious map02 with puzzles and ribbiks-y type of stuff

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×