Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Hordamex: 1.0 is OUT!!

Love what people have done even so far! We'll be getting some more resources together as we approach the July 10th mapping starting line!

While mapping officially begins then, we've already had some eager submissions for playtesting, check out what we have from @Velvetic, @RiviTheWarlock, @Alfredo so far! If this is what they slapped together in the early days, think about what you can do!

Let us know if you have any questions about this format or even better, jump in the Hellforge discord and join the mayhem! We'll be having online playtesting where we run through all the submissions as we hit the weekends coming up! Are you going to be the player who beats the wave or are you going to be one of the corpses on the ground? Let's rock.

Odamex_HORDE_20220706_020052.png

Odamex_HORDE_20220706_020245.png

Odamex_HORDE_20220706_020507.png

51 minutes ago, Xenaero said:

Are you going to be the player who beats the wave or are you going to be one of the corpses on the ground?

From how my single player sessions have been going, almost definitely a corpse!

Still very much looking forward to all this though

Is there something like new Odamex config for Ultimate Doom Builder exist? D:

UPD: It exists in the #hordamex-rules channel of Discord server.

Well, I want to try out to participate, if you can accept a mapper with not that big skill.

Edited by RastaManGames

Alrighty then we will be kicking this off formally tomorrow with a 3 hour speedmapping session in the Hellforge Nothing quite like a frenzied state of panic to get those mapping juices flowing. The start time is July 10th 9:00am GMT+12 and will be hosted in the Hellforge (link in OP). This will trigger the 2 week dedicated mapping period that everyone has to make as many maps as they want.

I'd like to share progress on my two submissions for this project- it's been a very easy and fun format to map for in a speed/short-form mapping setting and echo that if you guys ever wanted to get into multiplayer mapping (or even as your first map!) this is a good project to do it on.

But wait, that's not all! We're not even done with the first week of the mapping period, and there's been even more COOL STUFF™, this time showcasing maps by @electricbrass, @RonnieJamesDiner, and @RastaManGames

Feast your eyes upon only a handful of maps - and a preview of a couple custom monsters - of the ones that we'll be playtesting this weekend. If you're interested in giving Odamex and its accompanying Horde Mode a try, keep an eye out on the server listing around 5PM EST this Saturday! And of course, if you want some mayhem to go along with it, jump in the Hellforge where there will be a public voice channel as everyone cheers on the last marines left standing against the Horde! While you're there, maybe you'd want to throw in a map or two while we still have some time left... ;)

Odamex_HORDE_20220713_002240.png.09787ee9c107939596c3d27372531bfa.png

Odamex_HORDE_20220713_005209.png.5afc849499c4c3e8e2e366f25b451ea3.png

Odamex_HORDE_20220713_012019.png.7236b38634f75f6f0aabc6e237096791.png

So somehow we have 17 maps submitted already and we're not even halfway through the mapping period. Still plenty of time for anyone and everyone who wants to join up and submit something too :D
Our first major online playtesting session will be this weekend. Every map that is ready to go will be added to the pool. Gonna be a blast!

17 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

So somehow we have 17 maps submitted already and we're not even halfway through the mapping period.

No wonders, because it's 

On 7/6/2022 at 11:49 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

a brand new type of community speedmapping project!

So fast they gone into the plaid zone :)

congratulations to all the team, can't wait to put my hands into this wad :)

As we close in on the first big group play test session I have managed to get my map in a playable state. Pretty much done with the exception of a bit of detailing.

Odamex_HORDE_20220715_211747.png
Odamex_HORDE_20220715_182556.png
Odamex_HORDE_20220715_182632.png
Bridgeburner1-V1_at_2022.07.15_18-20-02.

It's time for the first big Hordamex playtest, just one week after we opened the doors for mappers to submit maps and maps-in-progress!

We'll be running an online playtest here starting in a few minutes with the crew from the Hellforge, running through as many of the twenty-eight maps as we can! That's right, twenty-eight maps have already been submitted in the short time the project has been live!

If you don't have Odamex, you can download the source port here: https://odamex.net/
I always recommend Doom Explorer as a general launcher and server browser for any of the multiplayer ports, you can find it here: http://doomutils.ucoz.com/

As for the server details...

• Server name should be [WDL] doomleague.org - Hordamex Playtest
• Alternatively, you can launch Odamex, pop open the console, and type in or paste the following: connect 74.91.112.85:10314

Maps will automagically download through the client!

Let's rock.

We had a stellar playtest session, and generated a lot of constructive feedback as we head into week two of the project! Still time for new additions, and plenty of time for any tweaks as we move forward!

Odamex_HORDE_20220716_135156.png.93d3703c7a4b967428c2ed6457b9c276.pngOdamex_HORDE_20220716_154138.png.d153c2fc9f44500dc86bbda8fb6fe866.png

Hello, my little hordamaniacs. Remember how I said I'd have Release Candidate 1 out in a day or two? I lied.

Release Candidate 2 is now out! (Found a few whoopsies, yesterday)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71qqd2651m75e8y/Hordamex-RC2.zip?dl=0

Ideally, unless I somehow missed something gamebreaking, this will be what we'll use at the coming event, and is what I am presenting to the world as the fruits of this talented team's labor. Load it up in the brand new release of Odamex 10.2 and let us know what you think!

I want to give a shoutout to the dev team for Odamex for responding so swiftly to some of the wacky issues we were facing during the development of this project. Port development isn't easy, so give it up for @AlexMax, @killingblair, @Ralphis@electricbrass, and others who have worked behind the scenes to provide a smooth, player-friendly experience in Horde Mode!

What's next? QuakeCon is next weekend, and we'll have server information up in a couple days!

Servers are now LIVE for the weekend of QuakeCon 2022!

Start Odamex with Doom II: Hell on Earth
Open the console (With the tilde key, you know the one!)
Paste one of the following commands:
To join SERVER A -

connect 74.91.112.85:10314

To join SERVER B -

connect 74.91.112.85:10315

And that's it! The server will automagically download any files you're missing, like Hordamex itself!

If you're using a server browser like Doom Explorer, look for the servers named [WDL] doomleague.org - QuakeCon 2022 Event: Doom Horde Mode!

So now we're past the QuakeCon Community event, where we saw a phenomenal turnout, maxing out the server almost as soon as the event went live! We got some coverage of the maps on the livestream, of which I have a VOD here!

Apart from that, we're currently on RC3, downloadable here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbqe92l5ksh2d3a/Hordamex-RC3.zip?dl=0
Additionally, Hordamex is also being played along with OdaHorde on the Monday Night Horde event hosted by the Odamex dev team! Be sure to check your server browsers on Monday nights (EST)!

We're planning on doing a quality of life sweep before we hit our official release, so we're almost there~

I'm writing this for those who might be in a similar situation to mine.

My computer is a GMK Nucbox S and I am using UHD 600,8GB RAM on an Intel J4125.
When playing The Hordes of Odamex alone, over 700-800 corpses pile up in one place, and the game slows down and crashes due to the numerous attack particle effects of monsters.
Potato computers can't afford basic settings like GZDoom.
So it is necessary to fix the settings.

Go to the folder where Odamex is installed and open odamex.cfg.
// Rocket explosion thrust effect?
Find set "sv_splashfactor" and rewrite the value to 0 or 0.01.
Even if you set it to 0, it returns to 0.01, so you can use either of them.
// Draw particles
Find set "r_particles" and overwrite the value to 0.
Find set "vid_defwidth" and set "vid_defheight" and rewrite them to 960,540 respectively.
This resolution is the resolution I use on GZDoom and has a 16:9 aspect ratio.
So there is no screen cut like 4:3.
// Full screen video mode
Set "vid_fullscreen" to "2".
Exclusive outputs 960 540 literally, so I have to use it as a window. I checked it myself.

After setting, sometimes music is output, but there is no sound.
Restart Odamex and if that doesn't work, restart your computer.

Right now, it feels like 5-10 frames are cut off when there are a lot of corpses in one place, but it doesn't interfere with play.
(Maybe it's because I'm mostly camping on the stairs in the first map)

All words were accompanied by a translator.

Edited by rparhkdtp