Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Norb

[DOOM 2] Yet another random map I made

Posted (edited)

Yo Doomworld, it's 10:54 over where I live and I bring you a new map that I made.

This took about 2 hours to make.

IWAD: Doom 2

Sourceport: GZDoom

Map format: Doom 2

Difficulty that I tested on: Ultra-violence

No jumping/crouching

This wad uses MAP01. Also adds a custom sky texture and uses the E3M3 music.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sglmmszedgcrb60/RandomMap3.wad/file

Screenshot:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220706_105451.png.bebb2c5b862cb10f4b2d447b15bebbdd.png

Enjoy!

Posted (edited)

Another bite-sized map, slightly different theme this time. That was one heck of a nasty trap early on. :P As for some sort of feedback I felt the usage of another toxic pit looked too similar to the one of the previous map you made just without a key in it. Again, it's not really a complaint but more so an observation.

Also, I ain't a mod and don't mean to "backseat" but I think it would be better to keep your maps within the same thread and just update the title when you release a new one. This way it's much easier to keep track of all of them. (in fact, don't be surprised if both thread gets merged).

Outside of that, thanks for the map!

59 minutes ago, Shanoa said:

Another bite-sized map, slightly different theme this time. That was one heck of a nasty trap early on. :P As for some sort of feedback I felt the usage of another toxic pit looked too similar to the one of the previous map you made just without a key in it. Again, it's not really a complaint but more so an observation.

Also, I ain't a mod and don't mean to "backseat" but I think it would be better to keep your maps within the same thread and just update the title when you release a new one. This way it's much easier to keep track of all of them. (in fact, don't be surprised if both thread gets merged).

Outside of that, thanks for the map!

You're welcome :)

You might want to mark the blue key switch a little better. You don't know what it is until you press on it.

I did kick myself for not seeing the hidden switch though. Easier than the last map I thought.