Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathWolf1982

Funny lie from a movie?

In Child's Play 2, Where chucky lies to Andy Barclay by saying "Hi I'm........ Tommy, and I'm your friend, till the end. hi de ho ha ha ha!" that lie from chucky was funny.

23 minutes ago, Jello said:

I think Arnold's line from Commando takes the cake:

A classic. 

35 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

A classic. 

It's incredibly cheesy, but I laughed my hind end of when I saw it. I don't think there's a better "lie" in a movie.

1 minute ago, Jello said:

It's incredibly cheesy, but I laughed my hind end of when I saw it. I don't think there's a better "lie" in a movie.

Nope. Simplicity done well.

23 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I love this one from Spaceballs.

I see your Schwartz is less honest than mine

Technically not an anime, not a movie, and only in the English dub (the Japanese version was a bit less extreme), but...

The anime, if you are wondering, is Cyber City Oedo 808.

29 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I love this one from Spaceballs.

I forgot about that scene from Spaceballs, Mel Brooks is truly a God among comedians. I'm always going to remember being a Senior in Highschool and my English teacher decided to have a Jeopardy game and one of the subjects was Mel Brooks films. I swept that category. His remark was "Well... I guess somebody likes Mel Brooks."

My reply was "Well, he's really funny." I couldn't believe that my classmates had never seen Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, The Producers, or High Anxiety. He's an absolute genius.

But the mention of Mel Brooks led me to think about Robin Hood: Men in Tights which reminded me of this great lie from Mandy Patinkin and Cary Elwes in The Princess Bride:

Unburned Freddy Krueger in Freddy's dead when he kills his wife, he lies saying that she took her medicine in Maggie's flashback.

5 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

kung pow has to be one of the most quotable movies of all time

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is ridiculously underrated, and I'm glad that someone else realizes just how hilarious it is. I've tried to convince people that it's an amazing movie, but I've only managed to get my Dad and my younger brother on board with me. Everyone else seems to think it's idiotic. And it is, but that doesn't mean that it's not funny.

7 minutes ago, Jello said:

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist is ridiculously underrated

i know right?? me and my friends love watching this movie on discord every now and then, it is absolutely some of the funniest shit ive seen in a long time. my good friend @Kuro_mahoh introduced me to it and i cant thank him enough lol

I first saw this as a child and it cracked me up so bad for days LOL. Timeless movie.

14 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

i know right?? me and my friends love watching this movie on discord every now and then, it is absolutely some of the funniest shit ive seen in a long time. my good friend @Kuro_mahoh introduced me to it and i cant thank him enough lol

A friend quoted the "I need a pound of nuts. That's a lot of nuts!" line to me back in 2003, and I trusted his judgement on things that were funny so I made it a mission to get a copy. I recorded it on VHS the next weekend, and I ended up convincing my Dad to drive 120 miles round trip so I could buy it on DVD, and he was dubious as to how hilarious it was. He fell in love with it as soon as we started watching it. I think it helped that we both love Monty Python and MST3K.

Edit: It's an absolute shame that it only has a 13% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edited by Jello

13 hours ago, Jello said:

Mandy Patinkin and Cary Elwes in The Princess Bride

Best sword fight ever!

'I know something you don't know'...

On 7/7/2022 at 2:40 AM, Jello said:

I think Arnold's line from Commando takes the cake:

LOL, as he kills the guy who kept lying about the Warriors having shot Cyrus.

“Meta for breakfast”!? Yes, please!

21 hours ago, smeghammer said:

Best sword fight ever!

'I know something you don't know'...

It's one of those few movies that everyone loves. No matter who you are, I don't think you can watch "The Princess Bride"and not enjoy it. It has this classic charm of a fairy tale that overpowers any pre-conceived thoughts, biases, or hatred. I've never known a person that thinks it's a bad movie.

It's not my favorite movie, but I love it.

Also I was unable to find the scene via Youtube, but the moment in Mad Max 2...

Spoiler

When it's revealed that Max's shotgun was unloaded all the time until he loots the shells.

Terminator 3, when Kate meets T-101:

"- You swore you'd let me go!"

"- I lied."

T3 Arnie was funny. He was so mechanically akward and lacked humanity unlike his predecessor, he's not there to fuck around, he's got work to do.