Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Very weird little problem

Currently I'm doing yet another DM map, this time for Doom's E1M1, ZDoom only. Here is the script I have set up to run when the level begins:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN

{
Scroll_Ceiling (12,0,0,0);
Scroll_Floor (12,0,0,0);
}
Now here's the problem: On the outside of the station, the floor scrolls, but not the ceiling. The same thing happens on the inside of the station. Very weird (not too mention annoying), could someone help me out here please?

Is the ceiling that won't scroll a sky flat? The scroll special will work on regular flats, but not on the sky flat. You mentioned an inside ceiling. Is that also a sky flat? If so, you run into the same problem.

DooMBoy said:

Currently I'm doing yet another DM map, this time for Doom's E1M1, ZDoom only. Here is the script I have set up to run when the level begins:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN

{
Scroll_Ceiling (12,0,0,0);
Scroll_Floor (12,0,0,0);
}
Now here's the problem: On the outside of the station, the floor scrolls, but not the ceiling. The same thing happens on the inside of the station. Very weird (not too mention annoying), could someone help me out here please?

Uh, maybe you should read the docs, Doomboy: http://zdoom.notgod.com/reference/act_misc.html#Scroll_Texture_Model

If the scrolling flats aren't set to use a linedef to see how fast/which way they scroll (ie how Boom did it (set the second arg to 4)) then you need to set the last two args which are the x and y scrolling directions which SET THE SPEED AND DIRECTION OF THE SCROLL ON THE X AND Y PLANE.

ReX said:

Is the ceiling that won't scroll a sky flat? The scroll special will work on regular flats, but not on the sky flat. You mentioned an inside ceiling. Is that also a sky flat? If so, you run into the same problem.

to scroll a sky flat you need to add this to your mapinfo lump

map map01 "MAPNAME"
levelnum 01
next map02
sky1 SKY2 0.1

for a double sky add this

map map01 "MAPNAME"
levelnum 01
next map02
doublesky
sky1 SKY2 0.1
sky2 SKY1 -0.2

Cyb said:

....xxx...
then you need to set the last two args which are the x and y scrolling directions which SET THE SPEED AND DIRECTION OF THE SCROLL ON THE X AND Y PLANE.

DooMboy's head will hurt until he finds that those args are "no scrolling" when they are set to 128. Less than 128 will scroll in one direction, more than 128 will scroll in the other direction!