Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUBENEITOR

Classic doom maps but with more difficulty

Greetings people,

I just wanted to share with u my secondary wad that i made like 10 years ago and i think someone could like the idea there are just the classic doom maps (some of them i change a bit for make them more interesting like the map09)

I need to say all of them are defetable with pistol start :)

ç

and here is a video of my wad

Well enjoy it ^^

Edited by RUBENEITOR

and some stealh monsters in some maps, and i change a bit the map09 and the map19. But i just wanted it to be like the original maps for dont lose the original essence

being honest i did this wad long time ago i just copy the scripts from one wad that had stealhs i used that ones and i build the base with that, that wad has all that and i let it like that in mine for use the stealhs.

xddd it isnt that bad it isnt that expensive the folder and i think the concept might be interesting for some people but if u and some more dont want to test it is ok i just wanted to share it after 1 decade :D

now if people want to play it or not is up to them ^^

i just did this mainly cuz i liked the idea.

You're missing the point. You're uploading a copyrighted commercial product which is not only against forum rules but is illegal.

Its nice that you have an old project like that, and it could serve as a base for a new project. Something like this already exists called Maps of Chaos, but a lot of us like to play vanilla redo's a lot.

The process of uploading something playable like this basically just involves extracting and changing the maps only. The Doom IWADs supply all the other necessary components to make this type of pwad perfectly playable without using the entire Iwad itself as the main mod base. 

One excellent newer example is this one called Enhanced E1https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=75202 

The modder extracted the maps and even converted them to UDMF format so he could attach lighting and other various effects on the original E1 maps. He did it completely the right way and its a very fun play.

Assets from Doom Iwads can be used for projects, but is generally not needed in the PWad resources if the IWAD already supplies the necessary data. Examples are like using the Unique Doom 1 textures in a Doom 2 map, Doom 1 Pistol  PISGE0 animation, Doom 2 monsters in Doom 1 maps, TNT Egyptian Textures in Doom 1 map, and about any other combo. Non-Commercial use allows a lot of freedom for intermixing products. Project MSX is a great example of this, as is Halo Doom, not to be confused with Halo: Doom Evolved.