Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Water Treatment Facility Redux (V2 release)

This is a remake of a map I made for the Megawad in 2 Weeks community project (megaw2.wad). While the general layout is basically the same, the map itself looks quite different compared to the original version. There's deep water (and nukage) that you can actually swim in. Some areas were updated, other areas were completely redone. I may try and put this in a future mapset that I plan on making where I remake some of my older shitty maps that I had released on my long dead Geocities webpage many, many years ago.

Anyways, this map should work in both GZDoom and ZDoom. I used Doom Builder to create the map. I used ZDoom (Doom in Doom format).

The map has been recently updated. Here are the changes:

- I changed the tags in the yellow key room. The main computer now lowers the trap doors and the yellow key pedestal.
- The computer on the top platform in the yellow key room now lowers a secret door.
- The room in the red key room is slightly altered. The little area that stores the red key is more exposed, giving the enemies a better chance at attacking the   player now.
- Some additional ammo was added in the level.
- A few enemies were adjusted so that they only appear in certain difficulty levels.

Download the map here:

Screenshots

Spoiler

4ub4imQ.png

KBvRg6t.png

94EaAUp.png

gRy8tkl.png

1kAF5MR.png

a1A31yG.png

2LiedOv.png

Gameplay video:

Spoiler

Edited by Lizardcommando

Hey, not too shabby at all, Lizardman. I liked the extra details with the water tanks and how you shaped out the computer rooms with their interactive consoles. Nice little touches that help the map feel like a real place. :^)

Thanks for playing my map and recording gameplay video. I do try to incorporate as much Doomcute into my maps as I can :).

Cool map. I like the health bonuses at the bottom of water tanks. 
very nice

Pretty good short map, played it on UV, and got quite beat up at half way through, even with the secret berzerk pack which was quite helpful to save some ammo by fisting imps and demons, found myself corner shooting to pull through, damn chaingunners can be a pain in the ass.

I really like the radioactive nukage room with the decontamination shower and spare rad suits which are not only there for the player, but also to provide some atmosphere and realism, also like the interactive consoles as well, and i also especially like the room with the ping-pong table and the huge ass red couch in front of a tiny tv, the latter one cracks me up because i imagine the poor guys working there having to make do with such a tiny tv which probably doesn't even work well at all.

The caged elevator beyond the red door, reminds me of the exit cage from "The Factory" hub from Quake 2. 

I find the red key ambush could be cheesed by staying insde the red key alcove while gunning down the demons and imps or just punching them with the berzerk powerup, but aside from that the combat was good.

I enjoyed this! It's short, but that is okay. Very good use of textures, and I enjoyed the underwater sections. I also like the small details, especially in the break-room. The only critique I have is cited below.

Spoiler

The button to lower the yellow key is not very easy to find. I found it by accident because I was running around pressing use everywhere, and suddenly managed to do it on the right panel in the small alcove. It is pretty obvious that It should be there somewhere, but there is no feedback-sound when pressing it, and the texture is not really a button as far as I can see.

Other than this I think this is very polished and looks and plays great!

I originally had it so that the main computer in the yellow key room would lower the hidden doors and the yellow key pedestal and the smaller computer on the upper section open the secret door that contains the berserk pack. I will have to change the level to do this.

EDIT: I updated the map. The download link has been updated. There were some significant changes made to the map, namely the tags for the yellow key room and the physical layout of the red key room.

Edited by Lizardcommando