Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ricky_steel

may be off topic.. but what about a Doom tattoo?

A Doom Tattoo.. anyone?

Wouldn't it be cool to have the Doom logo and the Doom Marine fighting a cacodemon or something?

Just an idea :)

Uh, nope. I don't intend to get any tattoos, let alone one with a videogame character (in this case, a space marine) fighting another videogame character (in this case, a cacodemon).

If i were really high or drunk, I'd get a Cacodemon on my ass.

Or a pair of barons. One on each cheek.

Actually..................................

I was going to get the Icon of Sin across my shoulder blades, minus the gaping hole in it's head.

Submerge said:

If i were really high or drunk, I'd get a Cacodemon on my ass.

/me bashes Submerge over the head with my Webster's Super Ultra Deluxe Grand Edition Dictionary

Submerge said:

No doubt both of them ready to jump out of their hiding places and protect your "phobos anomaly" from invading marines eh?

Shudder!

I think it'd be cool to get the frame of the Doom marine firing. Have no clue where I'd put it though.

Enjay said:

No doubt both of them ready to jump out of their hiding places and protect your "phobos anomaly" from invading marines eh?

Thanks. I was drinking coffee whilst reading that. You made me laugh and now my monitor is covered in coffee spray. You're a very naughty person.

Little Faith said:

Hmm, maybe something that weren't readily recognisable.

Cybie's head on my shoulder. People will wonder what the hell it is. (outside the doomers circle)

Edit: (Not planning on getting a tatoo any time soon.)

rofl, yeah, ok, get a Doom tatoo, let's see how many girls will even let you stare at them after that, fanboy.

Enjay said:

Shudder!

I was thinking more along the lines of a 'gate to hell' kind of thing, but that's about right.

BBG said:

rofl, yeah, ok, get a Doom tatoo, let's see how many girls will even let you stare at them after that, fanboy.

Yes, because this is the focus of everyone's life.

You've probably got more chance of pulling chicks if you have a Doom tattoo on your arm than you do if you have another girl's name on your arm :P

After working in a tattoo shop for a year, these are the game related tattoos (that I can remember) people getting:

Quake Logo*, Sonic the Hedgehog*, Tails, Mario, Toad, Crash Bandicoot (on a girl, mind you), Sephiroth, Earthworm Jim, the picture of Ash from the Evil Dead video game cover, and, of course, Duke Nukem..

So don't write it off like it's uncommon to get something from a video game tattooed on you, you could do far worse, like a horse having sex with a dragon (yes, I was the one that had to make the stencil for this, thank-you very much). Of course, there are other not-so-popular things people get tats of, say, Magic Card art, D&D, comic books.. it's all very common.

It's no different from getting a band logo or a character from a movie to me, it's all entertainment and for some of the people in this community, a big part of their lives.

and on top of that, Doom has the best artwork from any game I can think of..

* = Multiple times

Heh...if I were to ever get a tattoo, it would be something cool and obscure like 'Z?', or something useful like the Pisces symbol ("Hey, what's your sign?" Me: *rolls up sleeve*). :P Also, if I ever am in any musical projects, I'm going to get a tattoo for each one...that would be a neat little way of rememberance.

Maybe get a Tattoo with your name and blood type on your ankle.
Oh, if I got a tattoo of the Doom Logo, I would get it on the back of my right ankle. perhaps a dragon or the sign for virgo on the other one. somewhere where it doesn't show daily, and can be covered up if necessary.

Lord FlatHead said:

I want this on my arm.

Shouldn't be too hard to do, me thinks...

If I had to choose a tattoo from DooM, it would probably one of the faces on the MARBFACx textures... Where? I dunno... A shoulderblade, an arm, whatever...

I would get every map from episode 2 of doom put somewhere..
joking.. I wouldn't get a tatoo, or at least something from a game...

BBG said:

I have a slayer tattoo and the girls still dig me.

I have a full arm skinny puppy tattoo, I do alright for myself

Russell_P said:

...and now my monitor is covered in coffee spray.

He he, sorry about the monitor.

Submerge said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a 'gate to hell' kind of thing, but that's about right.

Fair enough. :-)

*I want to get a tattoo of a sign on my chest that says 'I'm stupid.' Here's your sign. :P

*[See Bill Evengall(sp)]