Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

New take on an old overdone question.

What doom Monster do you like to KILL the most? Not necessarily your favorite monster, but the one you like to KILL. My favorite moster is the Cacodemon, But I enjoy KILLING the demon the most. I like the thump sound when he hits the ground dead.

I like to kill them lost souls, cause they are soo annoying when you get like a few hundred of them all stuffed into a room cause some one forgot to kill the pain-elemental.........!!!

It get's off the hook!!!

well, lets see...

the Imp, i love how the blood flys, looks GREAT with the shotgun!
Demon, same, tho the Doom64 one has more flying BLOOD! :)
Former Commandos, feel the power of the Super Shotgun, i love splitting skulls and taking off chunks of meat.. ewww :D
Arch-vile, i just feel so good after!! hate that guy!
and last but oh sooo not least, anything that gibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwuhahahahahahahahahahaha

i need a drink........

Mancubus - They're slow, retarted, and spill out more guts than fit in your body.

Heh, I like killing the Imp because of its cool death sounds. I like killing the Demon and Spectre as well, *gurgle* *thump!!*. I like killing all of the other enemies because then they're dead and they won't attack me violently like they always do and it feels so satisfying to kill a demon :)

The caco is satisfying, especially if you've had it jittering on the end of a stream of chain gun bullets for a while. Then it drops and oozes all that blue goo! (I like the blue clouds effect in JDoom too.)

The demons/spectres for the squeal-thump

The imps for the splat of blood from their head as they fall back

The former humans for, well, just for dying so easily

The barons for the sound

I always find revenants satisfying when I finally get the crack of their bones, and the archies when they finally just die. I hate them!

Hmmm, I'm starting to run out of monsters.

Kill 'em all!

I like killing the Arachnotrons, that death sound is so awesome, and the way they die, very gruesome :)

There's a few monsters I enjoy killing...I love to kill the revenant because I HATE his homing rockets (they're not lethal but are annoying), I also love to kill masterminds because they seem kind of arrogant to me and I love to make 'em squeal! :) Lastly, I love putting down chaingunners because they can be really painful and I like to see them discombubulate. Heh.

arachnatrons because of the sound, and the way they die. fun.

also arch-viles, I had a dying one as an avatar for awhile at another forum... with "merry christmas" on it..

I've said this lots of times before but I love to kill imps with the sb shotgun (hence one reason that E2M2 in Doom 1 is my favorite level). I just love the way they're hurled through the air by the force of the blast, combined with their "uuuuurrrggghh!" sound.

dsm said:

I've said this lots of times before but I love to kill imps with the sb shotgun (hence one reason that E2M2 in Doom 1 is my favorite level). I just love the way they're hurled through the air by the force of the blast, combined with their "uuuuurrrggghh!" sound.

Ditto, except for the e2m2 part. I liked e2m3 better. :)

I like killing the Arachnotrons because of the death sound. It's too bad enemies don't explode into a shower of gibs like in Quake or ROTT. It would be so much more satisfying to blast a group of Imps or zombies with a rocket if they did that.

By the way, did you notice that if a Revenant rocket is homing, it leaves a path of smoke, but if it just flies straight, there's no smoke?

It's always pleasant to kill monsters if doing it with the SSG, especially when it comes to Cacos, Mancubi and Arachnotrons.

Torn said:

IMPS... and you know that :P

Oh yeah! There's little I enjoy more than diving into a room full of imps and taking them out at point blank with a shotgun.

I like the barons because of that weird ass sound they make, but the cacos are also cool because they deflate ( I used to call them balloon guys when I was a little kid).

It's gotta' be Revenants. They are so annoying, punching you up close, homing rockets at other times. Shrill voices. They die with a very pleasing crunch.

Ichor said:

By the way, did you notice that if a Revenant rocket is homing, it leaves a path of smoke, but if it just flies straight, there's no smoke?

yep :D
one of the ways you can tell if you need to just dodge, or take a tight circle/hide behind something.

in doom 64 I like killing a pain element with the chaingun, just the sound and when it dies makes the explosion sound.
(heh, I sound like a n00b typing)

small guys with rocket launcher, preferably a large pile of mixed imps, troopers and shotgunners.

Killing imps is fun with just about every weapon, so they win with me.

From a different game, honorable mention to the ettin from hexen. Flying onto their backs is a nice death and the gibbing animation is pretty messy. :)

Anything that is Gibable, I love to kill, hear that satisfying sound of their insides spew and hit the ground, makes you feel like the day is done. :D

But non-gib, The Spider Mastermind, nice big fall and explosion to end it off, love the sound too. :D

Hmm, I dunno, I have an affinity in every game to single out the weakest enemy, freeze it (if possible in the game, and you CAN freeze the game in ZDoom) and start unloading the ammo of the most powerful gun right around it and watching it blow up / disintigrate / whatever. So, I'd say the Zombieman.