Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMistDragon

PANDORA 64 ANNOUNCED! LOST LEVELS NOW AVAILABLE (DEADLINE....probably 3 Mths) BONUS MAPS AVAILABLE

Yes more Doom 64 stuff!!

This is a guide for a previous project which may be helpful in getting people involved with Doom 64 mapping. It's a bit messy but we've been writing compatibility tips as we go along: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h7bbxzU1xEHg2gSbi_GDlV1VOqTQpzfecNon5Q_wv5w/

I strongly recommend that people test with the Doom 64 Remaster (either Steam or GOG version) as they are building their maps. Its far easier to get Doom 64 Remaster maps working fine EX+ than visa-versa.

Although Doom 64 has its own special MIDI set up, we've been chugging away and making custom MIDIs for it. Here's a bunch of custom MIDIs for you to use and I put MP3s so you can preview what they sound like. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b96qzg6r4sow4uz/AAArv5qzvMQIQxLXEzAJr40Fa?dl=0

just a quick question for you guys, are the new enemies that team gec has created going to be used as well? (if theyre willing to allow the community to use the assets) i think that would be totally awesome to have new enemies that the original d64 didnt have. and i possibly might have a taker for my map ideas (3). its not set in stone, but if so itll be exciting to see it be wielded into existence. if not, and yall are dead set on me doing it myself..i suppose i could try to learn the builder program. not to be negative though i just dont see myself learning and becoming an expert programmer by the time the deadline ends let alone achieve what i want to see happen with just the first two maps sadly...just being honest

12 minutes ago, sbw37 said:

just a quick question for you guys, are the new enemies that team gec has created going to be used as well? (if theyre willing to allow the community to use the assets) i think that would be totally awesome to have new enemies that the original d64 didnt have. and i possibly might have a taker for my map ideas (3). its not set in stone, but if so itll be exciting to see it be wielded into existence. if not, and yall are dead set on me doing it myself..i suppose i could try to learn the builder program. not to be negative though i just dont see myself learning and becoming an expert programmer by the time the deadline ends let alone achieve what i want to see happen with just the first two maps sadly...just being honest

The project will only use vanilla assets, so that's a no

Just added some guidelines since Gibbon may have neglected that bit in the original Discord announcement. Mostly inspired by those from the first Pandora.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

About a year ago I tried diving into making Doom 64 maps, but the Doom Builder 2-esque interface definitely halted me from experimenting further. 

Will join the Discord server and hopefully try my hand at it again! With 12 months, anything can happen...

Good luck with the project, i remember some complicated stuff about ROMs to convert in wad format to be playable with the Doom64Ex port, this still need to be done with the newer plus version?

2 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

Give me a map slot and I'll see if I can throw something together. 

would you mind an earlier slow like 3?

Yeah sure. So these maps are to be played in succession I take it. 
I can make a half decent 3rd map if you like.
Do you have a theme basis though?
If the maps are not random themes then I take it a 3rd map will be Phobos themed?

15 hours ago, KeaganDunn said:

Will join the Discord server and hopefully try my hand at it again! With 12 months, anything can happen...

I am on the discord too and I will be happy to help people along with Doom Builder 64. :)

Edited by Immorpher

3 hours ago, AtomicFrog said:

If the maps are not random themes then I take it a 3rd map will be Phobos themed?

You can make it in literally whatever theme you want. This is not a collection about continuity

Love seeing how far our little community - within - a - community has come. The club is going strong and we're getting a second cp. Love to see it everyone!

Just a little monthly bump to make sure if anyone else is still interested in the project! We still have 22 slots to fill!

Pandora 64? The idea is definitely intriguing to me, and the deadline is far enough out that I'll happily join up on this one as well.

Unsure about what map slot I'd like though. Probably one of the earlier ones, considering I actually love techbase themes.

I'd say give me Slot 4 for now, since I like techbase (I know that this isn't attempting to follow the thematic progression of the original). It's flexible if need be, but I'd like to try to craft a map with a secret exit as well as a normal one.

And I promise it won't be a maze map this time. I can't even do the same gag anyway due to lack of several very important monster types. :P

If for some reason the slots don't fill up and I don't get too bored with the idea, I might even do a few more.

Edited by Dark Pulse

Hello again, my bro @Chris194and I want map 16.please.

@sbw37we will use the map ideas you shared with us btw.

Thanks Lady!

EDIT: will there be fun and secret levels using the same map slot as Doom64 or will this be as Doom2 only 31 and 32 be secret maps? 

Wow! This is nice! A friend of mine told me about this, and besides I'm a total beginner about Doom mapping I would like to join in. May I ask a slot please? Map 08 or Map 07, any available.

Thanks a lot Lady.. Also add us for map 31 when you have time. I will wait for you after inquiring this with Gibbon. Good night.

i always have a mess of ideas for maps... soooo :D

sign me up for map 08, 15, and 32 for now please

Ok, before the year ends, just one more bump before we're too occupied with the holidays to care. We still have around 10 slots available! I know @Endless, @Luleta, and @KeaganDunn were interested in this project. If there's anyone else who'd like a crack at this (and perhaps, literally) speak up! Although at this stage, let's try to keep this to no more than 2 per person, just in case someone else wants a slot.

They said in the beginning, Remaster or EX Plus. CE would require a separate version. Maybe someone will make it once the project is released.