Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

The Summer of Slaughter - Now on idgames! | 38 Map Slaughter Compilation

Hell yeah!!! So glad to see this project finally being released after almost one year of development. It was a pleasure to be part of it as a mapper and as a "compilation assistant".

Definitely my favorite PUSS wad so far.

18 minutes ago, Danlex said:

Hell yeah!!! So glad to see this project finally being released after almost one year of development. It was a pleasure to be part of it as a mapper and as a "compilation assistant".

Definitely my favorite PUSS wad so far.

I do want to take the time to mention how instrumental you were in this wad's release. Back in the fall of last year Dan was working very closely in creating a bunch of custom assets for the project as well as organizing and carefully curating the submitted levels to create as best an experience for the player as possible. Without your help this wad wouldn't be as half as good as it is now, and it probably wouldn't be out right now all things considered :p

Holy crap there's almost 40 maps now, I need to catch up :P. Congrats on RC1 release!

I played through the maps in the Boom wad and had a blast!  I will play the UDMF maps when I get back to it but for now, it's been a fun ride.  One thing that was noticed in my playthrough was that map30's monster teleporters tend to result in a lot of monsters telefragging each other and breaking their intended encounters since it's in the 30 slot.

6 hours ago, Vile said:

I played through the maps in the Boom wad and had a blast!  I will play the UDMF maps when I get back to it but for now, it's been a fun ride.  One thing that was noticed in my playthrough was that map30's monster teleporters tend to result in a lot of monsters telefragging each other and breaking their intended encounters since it's in the 30 slot.

This is an unintended side effect of my deciding to keep the mapslots in parity across the two wads. The simple solution I think is to push 30 and 29 down a slot on the boom edition while leaving 30 open as a 'hey the map order changes here.' It's not ideal but it'll work. I had mistakenly assumed that telefrags only affected the player and not the monsters as well. Damn shame too cause Map30 is one of the best in the set.

Release Candidate 2 is here!

It contains some minor fixes for a few maps, some minor graphical changes, and some updates to SOS_Boom.

RC2

+ Updated Map20 to v3
+ Updated Map25 to v3
+ Updated Map29 to v4
SOS_BOOM:
+ Fixed CWILV patch for Map22
+ Added buffer map to fix telefragging on map30

+ Fixed Dehacked

+ Changed skies on a few maps which were incorrect.

Hello, is there a problem with MAP26? 

It seems i cant find progression to reach the yellow key...i even used an archvile jump but then the doors shut and after that they wont open any more...i really dont know whats going on.

@Austinado Did you find the Spider mastermind room straight forward from where you enter the hitscan areana? The switch is behind the mastermind, this releases a cyber, kill him and it lowers the yellow key, though i am changing this to a timer in the next update, and changing the door texture.

It has good difficult courses, but it should not have been filled with empty courses, it takes away a lot from the game.

13 minutes ago, Babos said:

It has good difficult courses, but it should not have been filled with empty courses, it takes away a lot from the game.

The intention is to create parity between the maplists of the two separate wads. So map15 on both the full pk3 and the boom wad will both be the same map rather than it being a different slot.

Yes, there are 2 of the 15 levels, but where there are 0 enemies, there are many.

Hey, great set of maps but one thing that bugs me... what is the song used in map 10 'Slaywatch': I can't find it out and it's driving me crazy! :D

48 minutes ago, AdNauseam said:

Hey, great set of maps but one thing that bugs me... what is the song used in map 10 'Slaywatch': I can't find it out and it's driving me crazy! :D

It’s the theme song to Baywatch transposed to midi

3 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

It’s the theme song to Baywatch transposed to midi

Oh, It's so obvious! Thanks anyways! 

Really enjoying this set, finished 1st episode plus the secrets maps, Morumotto by danlex was really epic.

Congrats to everyone involved, I feel this PUSS is going to be among my fav for sure.

I just finished playing all the maps and really enjoyed them. El Inferno's map design clearly hits my weaknesses in Doom because his two maps are the ones I struggled the most.

There is a problem in map 31 where sometimes you take the green teleporter and the monsters start teleporting in and sometimes they don't.

Thank you to everyone who worked on this project, you really gave me some great time playing!! :)

@BluePineapple72In the OP, MAP31 seems errornousely listed as MAP31 when it is MAP32 in game.

Turns out there is an error: The pk3 and wad have different map numbers.

• SOS_Boom.wad has map32 as the pentagram, Summer_Of_Slaughter.pk3 has it as map31

Now on idgames, VERSION 1!

@Redneckerz this is an intentional feature. I've made a note of it in the textfile. Essentially, on map30 for Boom ports, we can't have a map in that slot due to the hardcoded telefragging changes that accommodate the icon of sin, so for the boom version only we slide 30 and 31 to 31 and 32 respectively.