Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
turtleboy211

4x Upscale Project

In my spare time I like to play with various AI tools. I figured I would try to upscale the assets of Freedoom. I prefer higher res weapons and textures but everything else as normal. As such I went about using the GIT repo and sorting through the assets as best I could and created different packs. I'm pretty sure I missed some things. I tested on GZdoom and Zandro. I have not tried it with any others mods.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/nerual-upscale-packs/addons

Screenshot_Doom_20220718_220927.png

Pardon my language but Holy F*** dude! I'm going to check these out for sure. Nice addition to the FreeDoom  universe.

I need to see how these work with my skeleton code for my Brutal FreeDoom GZD project that I work on still. 

Perhaps it's because this is Freedoom and not Doom, but judging from the screenshot, these actually look pretty decent, unlike other "Neural upscale" stuff I've seen. Nice job!

are you perhaps using noomkrad's sphax model for esrgan? it looks like you might be. that model really does some magic to pixel art.

Doing a mixture of models. I believe I interpolated 80% 4xJaypeg and 20% something else. I did so many test I can't remember which I used. Finalizing two tweaks before I upload and update. I found two other models that worked better on some assets.  4xSGI by ChrisNonyminus for the bulk and 4x-AnimeSharp-lite by Kim2091. Also a better font model. I'm also training a model to items and plan to do one to help with the face. I found a couple things that were missing in the packs. Improved my work flow. I did one other project before this one that I'll probably revisit now. Just learning a lot. Now if I can find a tutorial on light maps.

On 7/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, kalensar said:

Pardon my language but Holy F*** dude! I'm going to check these out for sure. Nice addition to the FreeDoom  universe.

I need to see how these work with my skeleton code for my Brutal FreeDoom GZD project that I work on still. 

I have basic set of the new graphics from your mod upscaled if you want them. I'm still pretty new to the doom mods stuff so it takes me time to learn the different tools and how different files work with each other.

8 minutes ago, turtleboy211 said:

I have basic set of the new graphics from your mod upscaled if you want them. I'm still pretty new to the doom mods stuff so it takes me time to learn the different tools and how different files work with each other.

Go ahead! You can send me a link in private message if you want.

Hey! First of all, thank you for taking the time to make this upscale mod for Freedoom! It looks awesome!

Is it still gonna be updated? I'm asking because I noticed that the Plasma Gun sprite is misaligned (not in the center of the screen) and there is a little oddity on the right of the gun when shooting, as if a second sprite gets drawn underneath it. You can check the spoiler below for screenshots. 

Thank you!

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230106_160901.png.9a4ddaf95bee7a63777896b935e8983e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230106_160907.png.e325c0fdad27aeb4e6824afb96d581d9.png