Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoolerDoomeR

Redneck Rampage Remaster

16 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Talking about the combat would give me a hernia.

You should not have used these bottles on the floor.

15 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

My personal ranking of the Build games is Blood>>>>>>>Duke>>Shadow Warrior>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Redneck Rampage

You forgot Witchaven.

9 hours ago, CoolerDoomeR said:

Dude, i completed this game when i was 10, in only 2 weeks, also these years there are many walkthroughs that you can watch.

The fact that you need a browser at all to beat the game shows that the game probably wasn't designed very well. Mad respect to you for having the patience to do that tho

As I recall, the Voidpoint people went looking into it at some point pre-Ion Fury with the goal of pumping out a quick, mobile-focused, eDuke32-based re-release for a few bucks. They approached Interplay about it, but they weren't interested in licensing or selling individual properties at the time - they were looking to sell their entire rights library, advertising it as a bunch of things to develop into film and television projects as opposed to, you know, game stuff.

This is a fairly lengthy way of saying no, there won't be a Redneck Rampage remaster.

1 hour ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

The fact that you need a browser at all to beat the game shows that the game probably wasn't designed very well. Mad respect to you for having the patience to do that tho

I managed to complete the game back in 1997 or 1998 without the luxury of using a walkthrough. It isn't really that hard.

4 hours ago, heliumlamb said:

the cleaner redneck rampage would look (in terms of its assets, sprites mostly), the nastier it would be. best thing that could be done for that game is higher-viz keys, like make em brass and a leelte bit bigger er somethin

Someone once made a rotating voxel for the key. That really helps a lot.

18 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

I completed game some years ago when i was 10, i didn't watched any walkthroughs, you can do this too.

Also some months ago i (Again) got Redneck Rampage and im still playing it, just listen to the amazing music, dude.

22 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

The fact that you need a browser at all to beat the game shows that the game probably wasn't designed very well.

They aren't saying that. They are saying that over the years it is easier to beat the game because there are online walkthroughs available.

What i have played of RR (I have yet to secure a physical copy) was decent, not exceptionally difficult though.

I know scenes in gaming far worse than this (Crash Bandicoot has a few of these.)

6 hours ago, CoolerDoomeR said:

I completed game some years ago when i was 10, i didn't watched any walkthroughs, you can do this too.

Also some months ago i (Again) got Redneck Rampage and im still playing it, just listen to the amazing music, dude.

Maybe I'm just an idiot then, haha. Totally agree on the music, discovered RHH because of that game. As shit as it is, that's gotta count for something, right?

I gave it another go not too long ago, even posted some pics from it in a thread here (forget which one). It has some truly delicious looking maps, maybe the best I’ve seen from official releases outside of the newest Duke 3D episode and Ion Fury.

Progressing through the levels is different, it felt like a situation where I bit off more than I could chew when asking for “more crazy build maps”: I would take up to 20-30 minutes per level, this was at odds with the soundtrack and made me tire of it.

Not sure how well received a remaster would be without some level design and misc gameplay changes.

Edited by BGrieber : forgot a word (can you guess which it was :D?)

Redneck Rampage is incredibly boring and hunting the keys is the height of horrible level design. There is a reason why it is not remembered fondly, unlike any old mediocre 2.5D shooter of that era. A failure of basic principles in favour of idiotic gimmicks.

I'd say much the same about Blood. I find it incredibly boring with stupid key hunts throughout and often really terrible level design. And on top of that it also features the most awful player movement physics I ever experienced in an FPS game.

RR was a masterpiece by comparision.

TBH, I really don't get why Blood is so fondly remembered. It's totally un-fun for me.

So much for differing tastes. :P

On 7/26/2022 at 5:38 AM, OniriA said:

I wonder how anyone would go about 'remastering' her.. 

IMG_20220726_043441.jpg

Isn't she basically in Duke Nukem Manhattan project?

On 7/26/2022 at 7:08 AM, OniriA said:

I wonder how anyone would go about 'remastering' her.. 

IMG_20220726_043441.jpg

They can remaster it just like Duke Nukem 3D remaster...