Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GenericItalianGuy

Are there any city wads?

There are a lot. City maps also exist in some of the IWADs, Doom II has multiple city maps and Plutonia's 29th map is my favourite IWAD city map.

This list mentions wads that have city map(s), there are probably more city maps in wad history than in this list but this list mentions the notable ones.

Doom 2 has some pretty unrecognisable city maps, that would be the most obvious answer but if you're looking for good ones you have.

Project brutality hell on earth starter pack. It has some really well done city maps.

Heartland, is another really good map pack.

AUGER ZENITH has really good futuristic city levels.

Edited by Anarkzie

1 minute ago, Anarkzie said:

Doom 2 has some pretty unrecognisable city maps

Unrecognisable? City maps like Downtown are memorable, imo.

Hey Hitboi, just to be clear I was not responding to your comment, I don't want you thinking I was being a douche to you. We composed are comments at the same time.

On a personal note I don't think Doom 2 maps look like anything resembling a real city but then a lot of Doom locations don't look like real places and they're still good. My other two mentions i think a modern gamer will respond positively to if they're looking for a city map.

9 hours ago, Anarkzie said:

On a personal note I don't think Doom 2 maps look like anything resembling a real city but then a lot of Doom locations don't look like real places and they're still good. My other two mentions i think a modern gamer will respond positively to if they're looking for a city map.

Oh, okay, sorry for misunderstanding.

20 hours ago, GenericItalianGuy said:

Are there any wads located in cities or urban locations, other than maps in mars and hell, i really wanna know.

I recommend Running Late 2 which was a Cacoward 2020 winner.

10 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Don't Turn Your Back on the City is a certified hood classic.

I do not know how I forgot that - I guess because it wears its setting lightly. But yeah

16 hours ago, UnknDoomer said:

That was cool! Maybe a little lacking in the gameplay department, but compared to a lot of the 40oz-helmed stuff of the past several months (excepting Dreamcatcher apparatus I guess), I love when DBPs do unique themes.

I just started playing 25 years on earth recently. 

Overall the first 7 maps have been on city locales or "real locations" (damns, apartments, etc).

Not sure how much it changes later on, but i thought you may want to take a look. 

Played this last week Old Bean Factory, one of the best city maps I've played that aren't in Heartland. Heartland requires Eternity Engine source port by the way but you'd be hard pushed to find a better city WAD.

Also you might want to check out Comatose, not a city but a small town rendered in a photo realistic way, like walking through a painting. Gameplays bit more divisive on that one, I enjoyed it but it's main focus is exploration and finding secrets. Oh and you should probably skip it if your playing on an older computer, I had a little lag on a 1 year old gaming PC.