Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hyena

Weapons?

Okay, there's this project I'm working on by myself that's mostly secret (but some info has been leaked about it already, mostly by me :P)

Anyway, I need a couple of weapon replacement frames. Not a huge deal, just to replace those of the pistol, rocket launcher, and BFG (all of which have very few frames)
If anyone's interested in helping, let me know. I have some specifics I need to go over, as it's a futuristic TC, so I can't just use a couple of old sprites lying around on someone's hard drive.

If any potential artists need more info, they can e-mail me at trwhite@fgbc.org
Links to previous works would be appreciated.

Heh. Okay, I don't exactly see people jumping up and down and saying "Me, me!"
I'm a little wary of how much I want to give away so that would be why there's so little information.
I'd just like to know if anyone would be willing to make a few weapons but don't want to commit because they don't know what's involved in my project so I can fill them in on a few more details.

Probably because Making weapon Graphics is a long process... especially for 3 guns. Even if they do only have a couple frames, it's still alot of work. It generally takes me like a good 4-8 hours of work to finish one frame of a nice weapon, let alone comlete all the frames. You could give it a try yourself.

I rip stuff, modify stuff, cut & paste stuff, and sometimes draw stuff. (the latter is usually over a wireframe; another weapon :P )

I would give it a try if I was any good at drawing. I usually just modify existing things, but I'm no good at starting from scratch.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Let's just say this is a very original type of project. I don't want to give too much away or be too presumptuous, but it has elements of ZanZan, Space Station Omega, and Daedalus in it. I'm the only mapper, as for the most part I was trying to keep it a one-man project. But I'm at the point where I can't do it entirely on my own.

I might be able to help you.

Steve, I thought you alwayss were willing to lend a helping hand when it came to weapons.

I have 3D Studio Max 5. I can make pretty good weapons with that, but I would need a sketch of what the weapon should generally look like first.

Lazer: Some assistance would be nice. Ebola offered to help already, but I don't think he would mind if the workload got split a little. :p