Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mamalyth

Megalyth Brendt Pantley R.I.P

My deepest regrets and sincerest condolences for your loss. I had thought that Mega, being a vet, was an old fart like me, not a man with a young son and a fine wife. That makes this all the more tragic.

I personally had relatively little interaction with Megalyth, but whenever I did, it was always a pleasant experience. Mega made things better here thanks to his talent as a mapper, but also because he was a genuinely nice man. RIP, Megalyth. You are missed.

That is such an awful thing to hear. He was taken much too soon. I hope you and your son get the support that you need. It's always hard to cope with a tragic loss.

57 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

That is such an awful thing to hear. He was taken much too soon. I hope you and your son get the support that you need. It's always hard to cope with a tragic loss.

Thank you so much we will be getting therapy after his funeral. 

On 7/26/2022 at 8:34 PM, Lizardcommando said:

Damn, that sucks :(.

My condolences to you and your family.

Thankyou

On 7/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, Marcaek said:

mega was a cool dude. i missed him when he moved on from doom and i'm missing him even more now

sorry for your loss.

Thank you, he worked his ass off for our son and I. He still played Doom often with Max who loves the game along with other old people games like commander keen. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:39 AM, magicsofa said:

Wow... rest in peace, as someone who registered here in frickin 1999 and also just a really cool person, he really lived up to his chosen name.

His final post is of his son's first time seeing the ocean... what a heart-wrenchingly beautiful ending to his Doomworld career...

This post both comforts and cuts. He was an amazing husband and father. And this post showed me that

On 7/26/2022 at 11:05 AM, Rudolph said:

Oh no! :(

I admit, I actually did not know (or at least remember) who Megalyth was, so I had to look him up and I saw that he contributed to projects that I very much liked, such as the The Way Id Did (including that awesome Commander Keen-themed secret level alongside Xaser Acheron!) and the Switcheroom mapsets. I will forever be grateful to him for all the entertainment he provided us with his expertly-designed Doom levels.

If there is an afterlife, I hope it is treating him well. I hope you will be fine too, Sam.

I have alot of love and prayers coming my way. The worst time is night time. He had just started a new map with our son last week

23 hours ago, Mamalyth said:

I am beyond lost without him.

There are no words that are going to make this right. It's always going to hurt in one way or another. Don't try to "be ok". Talk to people - friends, family, the therapist you mentioned. Don't bottle it up. In time, you will be able to put this in a place where the memory of him will also be able to offer you both comfort and inspiration.

@Mamalyth If you do not mind me asking, who is the child you are holding on the picture used for the GoFundMe? 

I am just a bit confused here, because both your posts and the GoFundMe page make it sound like you only have one child.

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

@Mamalyth If you do not mind me asking, who is the child you are holding on the picture used for the GoFundMe? 

I am just a bit confused here, because both your posts and the GoFundMe page make it sound like you only have one child.

We have a son. The little girl is our niece 

My condolences to you and your family. I talked to him a few times on IRC, but I remember his name and avatar were a constant presence here. 

Never heard of him but I'm incredibly sorry, looking at what he'd done he did a lot of good for this community. May he rest. Sad how he went so soon and that map may never be the awesomeness it was planned to be. My dearest condolences.

I am at a complete loss for words.

Your husband was an absolute pillar of this community given all that he’s contributed in regards to both his body of work and how he became a good friend to so many here.

His absence will be deeply felt for a long time to come.

Please take all the time you need to grieve.

Didn't mean to reply to this, I didn't know them but thanks for sharing @⇛Marnetmar⇛. It's always sad when someone in a community passes.

Edited by HorseJockey

On 12/4/2022 at 6:46 PM, ⇛Marnetmar⇛ said:

Hey, sorry for the Necrobump but I feel that people need to hear this to know just what kind of person Brendt Pantley was: undoubtedly one of the nicest, most genuine people in the entire community. Several years ago, he sent me an entire box of memorabilia by mail, which included a Doom 64 poster, official expansion packs for Quake, and other goodies. May you rest in peace, you amazing glorious dude.

Thank you so much. He was pretty awesome. We miss him so very much.