Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Idea...

Hay timmie, have you played doom 64? How hard would it be to reproduce the water effects in it? It’s something I’ve always wanted to see in source port.

I have played it, but it was a long time ago so I don't remember hardly any of it (except the cool plasma gun)...

What was the effect?

It's a bit difficult to explain... the liquid had translucent layers that move around on top of each other... it looked a bit like the quake 3 water effects. Damn. I was there was a way I could show it to you. If you can, have another look at doom 64 and keep an eye out for any water effects.

I would like to see an effect where zdoomgl blends the frames together in animated textures/flats. Take RROCK05-7 for example, if you rendered the previous frame over the proceeding frame at a lower transparency level in the tics between the frame changes (as the time decreases between frames, so does the opacity of the previous frame), it would have much smoother animations, much like Q3A shaders.

update:

I messed up the last few frames, but it shows the effect nonetheless

You mean 2 textures moving in opposite directions?

If thats the case, I know battlefield 1942 and battlezone 2 have similair effects.

Ed said:

I would like to see an effect where zdoomgl blends the frames together in animated textures/flats. Take RROCK05-7 for example, if you rendered the previous frame over the proceeding frame at a lower transparency level in the tics between the frame changes (as the time decreases between frames, so does the opacity of the previous frame), it would have much smoother animations, much like Q3A shaders.

update:

Hey, that is cool... I'll check it out :)

Ed said:

update:

[Insert freaky-deaky pic here]

Woah, thats sweet! it looks like its doing the wave! :D

/me does the wave. :D

Ed said:

update:

Cool, so I have that mostly working now (controllable with the gl_blend_animations cvar). Just a few problems to work out and it should be good :) I'd take a couple screenshots, but they wouldn't look much different. You have to see it in action...

timmie said:

Cool, so I have that mostly working now (controllable with the gl_blend_animations cvar). Just a few problems to work out and it should be good :) I'd take a couple screenshots, but they wouldn't look much different. You have to see it in action...

:) Can't wait to see how it's coming along.