• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Muusi

I made an arcade cabinet

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Hey @Murdoch check out this shiz!

I endorse and approve this post.

Need to get back to mine. Stupid having to work for a living and having a loving partner to spend time with. Grr.

I did debate the merits of LCD vs CRT. I settled on LCD for mine because it fit the computer I wanted to use to drive it but could also be far easier replaced in the event of failure. Good condition CRTs are bloody hard to find around here. I have found like one decent one in the last 10 years, and even that one more fell into my lap by sheer luck than anything.

53 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I endorse and approve this post.

Need to get back to mine. Stupid having to work for a living and having a loving partner to spend time with. Grr.

I did debate the merits of LCD vs CRT. I settled on LCD for mine because it fit the computer I wanted to use to drive it but could also be far easier replaced in the event of failure. Good condition CRTs are bloody hard to find around here. I have found like one decent one in the last 10 years, and even that one more fell into my lap by sheer luck than anything.

An LCD can be acceptable but it should really be a 4K one to produce the most accurate possible mimic of a CRT image with the use of the CRT-Royale shader. Of course CRT-Royale needs a decent computer too. 

A small update to the cab. I didn't like how short the cab was, to the point that playing was uncomfortable. Made a riser for it and now I'm happily playing without having to bend my knees to get a comfortable position. 

IMG_20220804_193414.jpg.cddeec63c07ce165f311e50acdad2062.jpg

WOAH! 

You should put Chocolate Doom on this, haha

31 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

WOAH! 

You should put Chocolate Doom on this, haha

Sir, this is a PSX Doom household! 

But seriously yeah, Doom looks very good on a consumer CRT running in its native 320x200.

10 minutes ago, Muusi said:

Sir, this is a PSX Doom household! 

But seriously yeah, Doom looks very good on a consumer CRT running in its native 320x200.

We love PSX Doom here too! Depending on your setup, running PSX Doom thru Duckstation or an original system is you best bet. 

18 minutes ago, DannyMan said:

Can't wait for it to run on Doom

Don't mind the missing lower part of the image. It's just the bezel in front of the camera. 

Screenshot_20220804-230745_WhatsApp.png.e9707a6387109044ecbb82ec2766a06c.png

1 hour ago, user76828904 said:

@Muusi What configuration did you use to play Doom with an arcade controller? Thanks.

The stick moves and strafes, top middle button shoots, lower left and right turn. 

Cab update. Waiting for the PCB for player 2 controls, coin door and mechanisms, really don't know what to do next. Probably make the rest of the cab black and then find a place to get artwork for it. 

IMG_20220811_023249.jpg.3ca9336181870fce8b0a002ae492cb7d.jpg

IMG_20220811_023223.jpg.4beb664a9155119355a6f4470e269e36.jpg

9 hours ago, user76828904 said:

With two controls you can play deathmatch in split screen, he.

Yeah definitely have to try that out once the new control panel is ready! 

5 hours ago, Muusi said:

Yeah definitely have to try that out once the new control panel is ready! 

If it's possible, please post some gameplay. :)

Cabinet update, now it has a working coin mechanism and minor lighting under the thing.

IMG_20220823_190737.jpg.69b47fcf2240e0c2388d66847a2d1c9f.jpg

2 hours ago, user76828904 said:

Is it going to work with chocolate coins?

50 cents of the Euro kind only :(

On 8/26/2022 at 5:01 PM, user76828904 said:

What are the rate exchanges between euro cents and chocolate coins?

Personally, at this point I'd rather have chocolate than euro in my pocket. At least I wouldn't starve.