Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angelomerz

Circumcision.wad

On 8/2/2022 at 7:16 AM, knifeworld said:

The OP literally says this is a shitpost so i'm not sure what some people expected.

I feel like one of the main reasons this WAD has been dogpiled is BECAUSE of it being a shitpost. We've been inundated with countless shitpost WADs these past few months and it's really annoying because not only is it just trash being dumped onto the forum, but it pushes the threads of legitimate WADs worthy of attention down the pages of the subforum where they are more likely to be ignored. I know I'm pretty fed up with seeing feckless "shitposts" WADs trying to be passed off as comedy map projects and stinking up this subforum.

I do feel a little bad for @angelomerz and @maxnut being on the receiving end of this dogpile and I absolutely encourage them to post actual maps they've sunk a lot of time and effort into crafting. That being said, we also can't help it if they're the latest member(s) to post yet another time-wasting "JokeWAD" that pulls attention away from worthy mapping projects and receives the full-brunt of our frustration.

Hell, I'm not even against the concept of a JokeWAD, especially when we have a history of them that are quite silly but are also fun to play with solid level design. A little effort shouldn't be too much to ask.

Edited by Biodegradable

31 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I feel like one of the main reasons this WAD has been dogpiled is BECAUSE of it being a shitpost. We've been inundated with countless shitpost WADs these past few months and it's really annoying because not only is it just trash being dumped onto the forum, but it pushes the threads of legitimate WADs worthy of attention down the pages of the subforum where they are more likely to be ignored. I know I'm pretty fed up with seeing feckless "shitposts" WADs trying to be passed off as comedy map projects and stinking up this subforum.

we weren't aware of the whole shitpost wad situation in the forum, we are new to this so yeah sorry if we caused all this chaos lol. if we ever post another wad we will try to make it actually half decent

17 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

snipparooni

You're right that a stream of low effort troll maps exists, but I think this one wasn't trying to be funny (at least not a widely appealing kind) or get passed off as a normal wad. This isn't my cup of tea but it's still more than some of em where it's literally a startan cube and an OP with no info or effort from the mapper at all.

This was probably intended as a sensory overload/cringe wad for ppl who like that kind of thing in a "train wreck / so bad it's good in a bad way" sense.
Or perhaps it was an experiment to see how many pages of comments it would get.

Either way it's definitely a bad way to start off if the author want's to do normal stuff later on.

9 minutes ago, Puncher_Sponge said:

seems like jokewads are just mock 2 derivatives :/

At least Mock II was one of the first of it's kind and creative

Y'all need to learn a thing or two about not giving attention to things like this. There was so many irrelevant posts and wasted text it was incredible.

Anyway, I figured this wad would be along the lines of 1337.wad or thissuxx!.wad and honestly I just shrugged. Is the sequel going to be named moisturizer.wad?

24 minutes ago, Decay said:

Y'all need to learn a thing or two about not giving attention to things like this. There was so many irrelevant posts and wasted text it was incredible.

Anyway, I figured this wad would be along the lines of 1337.wad or thissuxx!.wad and honestly I just shrugged. Is the sequel going to be named moisturizer.wad?

That's a very fair point. Better yet, we should take action against it and actively shun this chicanery.

I'd love to see the mods do something about it.

2 minutes ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

That's a very fair point. Better yet, we should take action against it and actively shun this chicanery.

I'd love to see the mods do something about it.

Do something about what? Posting some maps you didn't like? Or the people heckling the authors and shunning the wad like it hurt their family without so much as downloading and launching it?

6 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Do something about what? Posting some maps you didn't like? Or the people heckling the authors and shunning the wad like it hurt their family without so much as downloading and launching it?

With all due respect, I think you're defending this mod more than it deserves. It's not just this wad, it's a symptom of a much larger issue in the Doom scene.

8 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Do something about what? Posting some maps you didn't like?

i don't know man, if the general consensus is that its just a no effort shitpost id say its a pretty reasonable for a mod to take action

this shitpost mod is getting way more attention than it deserves (and the mod itself is not even good)

we should either just ignore this shitpost mod and move on or just lock this thread 

1 hour ago, big smoke said:

this shitpost mod is getting way more attention than it deserves (and the mod itself is not even good)

we should either just ignore this shitpost mod and move on or just lock this thread 

If people don't like the wad they can just ignore it instead of commenting aggressively (making the thread bigger and more visible too), you just need to see the screenshots to understand what type of wad it is, or just read the name. I don't know what people are expecting from a wad called circumcision.

Btw we weren't aware of the whole shitpost wad situation in the forum 'cause we are new to the forum, we will not ever post another low-effort wad.

2 hours ago, Shepardus said:

MAP09 UV Max in 1:06.97

circumcision09m106.zip

damn man i'm loving your demos, playing this map we never thought of this route. And the chaingun and plasma one are very cool, without taking damage too, (and we never thinked of cheesing it staying in the tunnel but our bad it's kinda obvious). I think some of the fights of this wad can work in a serious wad if reworked a little.

14 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

^^^^

Once you've played a single """jokeWAD""" you've played them all. I'd rather WADs with actual care, love, and effort put into them be on the top of the forum.

2 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

These maps here however aren't explicitly designed, they are just explicitly.

Explicitly what? Have you even played any of the maps?

Is anyone taking a dump in this thread able to explain why they think this wad is so horrible that its existence on this forum needs to be actively discouraged? Or are you just going to call it trash and berate its authors without any substantiated, constructive criticism, like a certain someone who was recently banned for, among other things, doing just that?

Is it that 20 minutes per maps is too little to be real "effort"? There have been wads created in less that didn't get this kind of reception. Multiple, in fact. Is it the texturing? Is it that the authors called it a shitpost in the opening post? Would it have been fine if it were wrapped in OTEX and marketed as a spinoff of Micro-Slaughter Community Project? Or is it the gameplay? Oh wait, there's maybe three people in this thread who could even comment on that.

Dare to enlighten us on why, exactly, in MAP05 you left a computer area map near the exit that only reveals a small swastika?

The only thing I liked about this mapset is that the start of every level really forces a "push-forward" type of mechanic.  Don't stand still, don't waste your time trying to study the surroundings.  Just go forward, turn the corner, and then let all of the monsters infight themselves and pick off any stragglers after that's all settled.

It's full of a bunch of memes I have too much respect for my free time to learn or know about, which honestly felt like it was tacked on as an afterthought more than a central point to the whole wad.  The slaughtermap aspect of the the maps isn't very enjoyable either.  Granted, the OP states it was all put together in like 20 minutes per map, sometimes a joke is better if you spend time refining it.  

Even though this whole wad was meant to be a so-called "shitpost", I am very curious to see an earnest attempt at making a serious map by you and your team.

2 minutes ago, vyruss said:

Dare to enlighten us on why, exactly, in MAP05 you left a computer area map near the exit that only reveals a small swastika?

The only thing I liked about this mapset is that the start of every level really forces a "push-forward" type of mechanic.  Don't stand still, don't waste your time trying to study the surroundings.  Just go forward, turn the corner, and then let all of the monsters infight themselves and pick off any stragglers after that's all settled.

It's full of a bunch of memes I have too much respect for my free time to learn or know about, which honestly felt like it was tacked on as an afterthought more than a central point to the whole wad.  The slaughtermap aspect of the the maps isn't very enjoyable either.  Granted, the OP states it was all put together in like 20 minutes per map, sometimes a joke is better if you spend time refining it.  

Even though this whole wad was meant to be a so-called "shitpost", I am very curious to see an earnest attempt at making a serious map by you and your team.

yeah, the thing in map5 is probably not the best idea, but it was intended to be a funny joke to see if anybody actually took the time to find it. probably wasn't the best idea to put that symbol instead of anything else but oh well. as for other maps we are actually having some fun making a decent mapset but seeing how people reacted to this most of them will probably see who published it and ignore it.

2 hours ago, maxnut said:

we are actually having some fun making a decent mapset but seeing how people reacted to this most of them will probably see who published it and ignore it.

While this wad probably isn't a good way to start/advertise a "legit" mapping career, I highly doubt it will make a huge difference when you get around to making a serious mapset. I usually have trouble remembering new names when it comes to members, I'm sure a lot of other people are the same way. Besides that, if you create something cool and I see cool screenshots, I'm not going to say "Oh no, that's the Circumcision Crew!!" and run away screaming. Nor would I even reference this wad beyond something like "this is an improvement over Circumcision". People create all kinds of dumb threads all the time, I don't write their names down in a book and mark them for assassination. I don't bring up anyone's past unless they're repeatedly doing dumb things over and over again.

While I do not like jokewads that aren't funny, I have seen worse threads. I make fun of this but I'll take it over "this is my first wad please don't play it it sux also its suuuuper hard first person to  beat it gets ten dollars paypal". I see people here saying "the gameplay isn't bad for twenty minute speedmaps" but the problem is that the purposely-shitty texturing and attention-attention-attention name don't add anything to the project -- they take away from it. The post above about the swastika is a perfect example: you say it's supposed to be a "funny joke", but how? I'm not even insinuating that I think it's offensive, but rather using it as an example of something random that I'm supposed to laugh at for some reason. Same goes for the title. If I made something good in twenty minutes, I'd at least try to make it look tasteful instead of giving it a title like "Juicy Turd" and plastering the walls with random pictures from the internet. If I buy a game that was made in one month and has decent gameplay, but the developer made it so that the screen flashes like a strobe light every ten seconds for no reason other than the fact that they thought it would be funny, guess what? Any redeeming value has gone out the window.

5 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

While this wad probably isn't a good way to start/advertise a "legit" mapping career, I highly doubt it will make a huge difference when you get around to making a serious mapset. I usually have trouble remembering new names when it comes to members, I'm sure a lot of other people are the same way. Besides that, if you create something cool and I see cool screenshots, I'm not going to say "Oh no, that's the Circumcision Crew!!" and run away screaming. Nor would I even reference this wad beyond something like "this is an improvement over Circumcision". People create all kinds of dumb threads all the time, I don't write their names down in a book and mark them for assassination. I don't bring up anyone's past unless they're repeatedly doing dumb things over and over again.

While I do not like jokewads that aren't funny, I have seen worse threads. I make fun of this but I'll take it over "this is my first wad please don't play it it sux also its suuuuper hard first person to  beat it gets ten dollars paypal". I see people here saying "the gameplay isn't bad for twenty minute speedmaps" but the problem is that the purposely-shitty texturing and attention-attention-attention name don't add anything to the project -- they take away from it. The post above about the swastika is a perfect example: you say it's supposed to be a "funny joke", but how? I'm not even insinuating that I think it's offensive, but rather using it as an example of something random that I'm supposed to laugh at for some reason. Same goes for the title. If I made something good in twenty minutes, I'd at least try to make it look tasteful instead of giving it a title like "Juicy Turd" and plastering the walls with random pictures from the internet. If I buy a game that was made in one month and has decent gameplay, but the developer made it so that the screen flashes like a strobe light every ten seconds for no reason other than the fact that they thought it would be funny, guess what? Any redeeming value has gone out the window.

You really have a lot to say.

16 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

The post above about the swastika is a perfect example: you say it's supposed to be a "funny joke", but how? I'm not even insinuating that I think it's offensive, but rather using it as an example of something random that I'm supposed to laugh at for some reason.

ok but why is something that you don't find funny supposed to be removed from the site like it was the worst thing this forum has ever seen? i'm not saying that you're supposed to laugh at this or anybody is, but if even some people enjoyed this then what's so bad about it; that you didn't laugh at it? i don't get why people started shitting on this just because they didn't like it or didn't find it funny. i get that you are all probably done with shitwads in the forum, but how were we supposed to know? anyways we are literally arguing over a wad called circumcision so it's probably time to stop filling this with comments.

I can tell most of you haven't played this because you all refuse to

cut it out.