Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pegleg

The DWIronman League dies to: Somewhere in Time

Hopping in for a moment, just wanted to tell I'm flattered and thank you all for playing my release <3

Category 1. Survived in 31:42.

Decided to play as aggressive as possible after I saw times in around 40-50 minutes for a 15 map wad. Was not expecting to go this fast.

INTIME_ironman.zip

category 1. survived in 53:25

here is the levelstat thingie:

MAP15s -  1:34.77 (53:25)  K:  9/11  I:  3/4   S: 0/0 

after one of my worse ironman runs ever i got this one which im quite happy with, cheers.

short lil set i think most of my timeloss is not knowing where to go and bothering to kill unnecessary enemies for the fun of it :P

was vibin'

im-luleta_intime.zip

Zip is attached. I plan on highlighting my Twitch stream of it.

Standard (1) run, died on MAP04. Not sure what time I had (don't know how to check the raw LMP for this). Forgot how many monsters were dead as well.

First time doing one of these. Did it for laughs.

theshep_intime.zip

Category: 2

Dead on: Map 03

Kills: 28/44

Time of death: 13:47

Time to reach Map 03: 8:37

dwi_pegleg_intime_cat2.zip

I thought I would be able to make it farther (at least to Map 05), as long as I was able to complete what was waiting toward the end of Map 03 (one of my many weak suits in Doom). After all, I knew what was coming. However, no amount of foreknowledge can remedy poor play and bad timing.

I liked this mapset, and I always thought it would be a nice selection for DWIL. The maps are relatively direct, well-textured, and the ammo is fairly abundant. There's not a lot of health early on, but the amount of available health tends to rise as the difficulty rises. I enjoyed the encounter setups, too.

Cat I, survived in 81:04.

Oh man, that is what I really needed after UV-Maxing the last 3 maps of Community Chest 4 last week. They made me hate Doom 69 different ways, and here I got some rest and peace lol.

I felt like I got lost a couple times, so able to say the progression is confusing sometimes. The level design, both visuals and gameplay/difficulty, is... hmm, pleasant and friendly, I'd say it that way. Close called me a few times, but those are just "blind survivalist? Nice, now catch that" and all of them are manageable if you know what you are doing (I hope I do).

Some instant 120 -> 42 health and 200/200 -> 50/50 included lol, GG RNG. The first two maps are even done Reality tho :D

dvvintim.zip

Here is my Category 3 run.

dwi_pegleg_intime_cat3.zip

Dead on: Map 06

Kills: 81/92

Time of death: 46:56

Time to reach Map 06: 36:08

Not taking the early damage that I took during the initial run helped here, particularly in the last sections of Map 03. Going forward from there, I had a plan, and I felt confident, so much so that I chose to try to make a stand on the other side of the map away from the reservoir of health. It wasn't the best choice.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:57 PM, tatsu91 said:

Well i had a Very Anti Climatic Run Was Fine until stage and the stray Pain Elemental killed my run

Unfortunately, for personal reasons, I'm just now able to spend the time to start watching the demos to update the leaderboard. Unfortunately, your VOD is no longer available, so could you provide some additional information about your run? This isn't your fault, and I don't want you to be penalized for my mistake.

@Sr_Ludicolo contacted me and provided the demo of their run, which they did something like 2 days ago. They can post any additional details, if they would like to.

It was a category 1 (I guess) survival in 1:14:57.

ludicoloSIT.zip

25 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

@Sr_Ludicolo contacted me and provided the demo of their run, which they did something like 2 days ago. They can post any additional details, if they would like to.

It was a category 1 (I guess) survival in 1:14:57.

ludicoloSIT.zip

It was  standard run. I apologize I didn't inform you. Whoops!

As an FYI, the leaderboard has been updated and obituaries have been added.

@Katamori Would you be interested in submitting a run? Being the author doesn't disqualify you; in fact, it would be welcome.

37 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Would you be interested in submitting a run? Being the author doesn't disqualify you; in fact, it would be welcome.

Whoah, that's a genius idea! I may give it a try, I have DSDA-Doom installed recently anyways.

Category...3, I guess? Either way, creator run: DWironman_katamori_intime.zip

Most surprisingly, I couldn't finish my own setting, died at the end of MAP13. I tried to hurry and it shows not even once during the run. I had close calls, but I remembered many of the secrets.

I haven't even played my own set this thorougly since release, and not even on UV. I'm not a good Doom player by far, mad respect to @Archi for that insane record. (also thanks for the K1024 demos from back then)

Also funny to see in hinsight, how many of these placements and designs were NOT good game design. Way, way not good. Things are not as funny when your entire run is at stake on a Mancubus or a Baron. On the other hand, it's good to know even I could improve in the last six years.

Thanks again, everyone! I'm flattered still.

EDIT: time is 0:42:32 minus a couple seconds because I accidentally opened the menu. Not used to competitive demos at all

Edited by Katamori : time

IronmanIntimeHC.zip

Category 1, Dead in MAP03 with 0 kills

Spoiler

There may have been more lying around in secrets, but I used up all the visible health supplies in MAP02 early on, and never really clawed my way back up from a near-death state. When dealing with the final key trap, I stunlocked one Caco, but took a nasty attack from his flanking teammate. That was pretty much that, since MAP03 begins with two Shotgunners looking directly at you.

Somewhere In Time has been on my backlog for a while now, and after completing the customary sacrifice of a marine, I went back in with saves and this time conserved enough resources to get over the hump and actually get up and running. At time of posting, I've just started the final city chapter, and am having a wonderful time. Progression is sometimes overly convoluted, but that's remedied by how the levels and their encounters are frequently short and punchy, requiring very little time to suss out and solve. It's kind of weird how the navigation so frequently leans on teleporters to link the neighboring environments together, but overall this classic-style campaign is right up my alley. Thanks for selecting it for this month!

Last minute prepared run.  Survival in 1:57:07  Scouted and routed every map in advance and used a number of cheap tricks for some would-be trouble spots.  12 and 13 came the closest to losing.

Mad that I took an unnecessary archvile hit on the last map but a win is a win.

dsda-doom  -complevel 2

intimemovie_cnr.zip

Cat 2 survival in 1:11:00 ish

Expected early death, ended up surviving the whole thing. Rode my luck a couple of times, and screw that last map. But I made it.

ironman_horus_sit.zip