Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuaketallicA

Famous Metal/Rock/Movie/Other Midis?

Obviously Doom wads have a long history of featuring midi songs from other games (e.g. Rise of the Triad), movies (e.g. Terminator theme), and covers of rock and metal songs--many of which were in the original game itself--but I was wondering. Does anybody have a zip file containing nothing but midis of famous metal songs or famous movie songs, y'know, something like the famous Doom Metal Vol 5 Soundtrack? Or the 3DO/PSX soundtrack. Just a collection of songs to use with any old wad, but all in midi, not mp3 or anything else.

Can't help, sorry. I used to just google stuff like "black sabbath supernaut free midi", download and compare, you know. Then if you have Guitar Pro, you can always just download the tab files and export them as midis, I also did that.

I could make a pack like this. But be warned, the midis are of varying quality and some may not be properly made for running in Doom.

There's this Now that's what I call midi, big pack of 600 or so songs, it randomly picks one when you start a map, think if you die too. It also shows the track and artist on screen when the map starts which is cool.

It was a little too metal focused for my tastes but sounds like what you were asking for. It is in the zdoom forums though so presumably you'll need a zdoom port.

I have a collection of midi files ( and some mp3) of rock/pop bands, anime, film soundtracks and games. I found them on an old Amiga Super CD coverdisc sometime ago. They are very old but, at lest for me, the quality is good.

If you would like to take a look, this is the link

And this is the source

I hope you find this useful.

Cheers!

Edited by thestarrover