Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xeon

a question on ZDoom bots

Hi all,

im not sure if im on the right section to post this thing, but i just have to ask.

whenever i play ZDoom (both regular and GL 0.66.2 flavoured) with around 8 bots on some levels (i prefer to see it as most, but i have only tried it yet on few maps), it lags like hell. my PC is ancient, but more than enough for Doom (even to Zcajun bot)

is there any way for me to get around the lag?

thanks in advance

Bots take more processing power. You can set your video resolution low, play with fewer bots, use smaller maps with less detail, but other than that I think you will have to upgrade the hardware.

Well, i've noticed than in ZDoom v1.22 when the bots were aiming the rocket launcher i've had great slowdowns... even on 320x200. Yet on Quake III Arena (Sorry for bringing Quake to a Doom forum...) that doesn't happen... at all! And I don't think it's because the hardware acceleration that Q3A uses!... I believe that the bot AI from Quake is a "bit" more complex than the one in ZDoom, so my gess is some bug on the AI procedures...

In whatever maps you use remove the rocket launcher, plasma rifle, and BFG. The game lags like a mofo every time one of these goes off.

Well... try play with lesser bots and set their skill on.
What is your system specs?

Never had any problems with the bots on a 200mhz? Never had any problems on my thunderbird either!!! ah haha
Try playing on a low resolution, and make sure you dont have a bunch of other shit running in windows.