Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

Best new Monster!!?

I was Wondering, what is everyones favorite "new monster", like a monster that some one else had made for a doom add-on or TC. I have not really found one that I think really kicks ass, any one have any ideas...?

Well, they weren't technicaly monsters, but Massmouth and The Worm from Massmouth were great.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the mini-baron. ^_^

the_Danarchist said:

Well, they weren't technicaly monsters, but Massmouth and The Worm from Massmouth were great.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the mini-baron. ^_^

*shudder*

Am I the only one who couldn't stand Massmouth because of those awful, "finger nails down the blackboard" sounds?

I never finished Massmouth, I came to the baron temple.. It wasn't as cool as everyone made it sound.

I wish someone would make a imp queen, there was giving birth to smalls/normal imps... :D

Take a wild guess, heheh...

It has several features:

- Spits out Sidhe Ghosts (translucent Reivers) that can resurrect most enemies. Unlike the Arch-Vile, these things disappear in the process.
- Shoots fireballs in a pattern similar to the Disciples of D'Sparil in Heretic
- Breathes fire (close ranged)
- Flying
- A harsh melee attack which saps your health and heals himself with it
- The most devious would be a curse spell, a pale green blob of...something which is almost relentless in homing in on its target (Discs of Repulsion can blast them away though). If it hits you, it won't do any damage, but it will do something far worse. The screen will turn slightly red, you will take twice the normal damage from everything, and your attacks will do only half the damage. The effects last for about 20 seconds (unless you get hit with another one, in which case it reset to 20 seconds). After that everything goes back to normal.

A close second would be the Flame Centaur, which has a fiery ground attack similar to the Mummy Lords in Hexen 2. Since this only affects enemies on the ground, I added a fireball attack for him to shoot strictly at flying enemies.

I always thought the pain elemental from ... uhh well, the one used in consoledoom.wad (I have played on PC only) looked mighty nice :D

The Reverend Julian said:

Ebola, you seem quite bored to me.

Heh. Has your injury made you lethargic? :P

JoelMurdoch said:

*shudder*

Am I the only one who couldn't stand Massmouth because of those awful, "finger nails down the blackboard" sounds?

I thought the sounds were allright. I mean, the voice acting wasn't perfect (but shit...its the only Doom wad I've played WITH any voice acting), and those bats were pretty damn annoying, but there wasn't anything I can really think of that stands out in my mind.

I just liked it because it had a very unique feel to it.

pritch said:

Surely Penisdemon?

Correction. Surly penusdemon. Or for those with flava, surly penüsdemon.

Biffy said:

Most clever new monster = Uraeusis in "Chosen". It's at http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/. Or maybe the Scarab mound.

Also very cool, the polar bears in Chibi Rebellion.

Two-headed chaingunners riding arachnotrons and the attack helecopter in allhell.wad.

I had no idead lilwhitemouse was this productive.

the_Danarchist said:

I thought the sounds were allright. I mean, the voice acting wasn't perfect (but shit...its the only Doom wad I've played WITH any voice acting), and those bats were pretty damn annoying, but there wasn't anything I can really think of that stands out in my mind.

I just liked it because it had a very unique feel to it.

Most of the resources were stolen from Half-Life, including the voice samples. I can't understand why you liked the worm so much. That's another Half-Life plunder, and converting polygons to sprites is never a good idea. It looked like ass in my opinion, so did the rest of the stolen graphics.

The bats were the clincher from memory, but also Massmouth's death sound and "oof" sound were fucking terrible. The oof sound was about three times the volume of any of the other sounds and I was physically cringing everytime it sounded.