Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrutalBlam

I'm having some trouble with the Eternity engine

I downloaded version 4.02 of the Eternity engine and I can't seem to make it fullscreen. I went into video settings and marked "favorite screen mode" as exclusive fullscreen, but it isn't working. After looking around in the settings menu, I realized none of my changes to video settings were actually working. Does anyone know how to fix this?

nevermind, I fixed it

Edited by BrutalBlam

Eternity's resolution settings are a little idiosyncratic. I don't understand them fully. When I set a new resolution/fullscreen setting, I first select my favorite aspect ratio and my favorite screen mode. I then use "Choose a Mode" and "Choose a Resolution" to select a video mode and a renderer resolution, using the same numerical resolution for both. This usually produces the desired result. You need to adjust both the video mode and the renderer resolution to "change your resolution," in my experience.

But it sounds like you're having a bigger problem, where absolutely none of your video settings change anything about what's displayed on your screen. Had anything changed when you restarted the program? What display number is the program set to? Have you tried reinstalling the program?

On 8/6/2022 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Alexander said:

Eternity's resolution settings are a little idiosyncratic. I don't understand them fully. When I set a new resolution/fullscreen setting, I first select my favorite aspect ratio and my favorite screen mode. I then use "Choose a Mode" and "Choose a Resolution" to select a video mode and a renderer resolution, using the same numerical resolution for both. This usually produces the desired result. You need to adjust both the video mode and the renderer resolution to "change your resolution," in my experience.

But it sounds like you're having a bigger problem, where absolutely none of your video settings change anything about what's displayed on your screen. Had anything changed when you restarted the program? What display number is the program set to? Have you tried reinstalling the program?

I'm having the same issue as him, and I just downloaded it today. Also, is there no free look option for mouse? I wasn't able to find one if there is.

1 hour ago, CacoTaco said:

I'm having the same issue as him, and I just downloaded it today. Also, is there no free look option for mouse? I wasn't able to find one if there is.

Just to be clear, have you changed video mode after changing "favorite screen mode"? Have you tried restarting Eternity? If none of these worked, the most likely issue I can think of is something related to your OS or graphics drivers. Try updating them. If that still didn't work, assuming you're using Eternity 4.02, you can also try one of the dev builds.

As for free look, it should be under Options -> Mouse/Gamepad -> second page (press Page Down). Turn on "Enable Mouselook" and "Always Mouselook".

Did you install Eternity in a folder you don't have access permissions for? That's the first thing coming to mind for settings not being saved...

As for "choose a resolution", you can pick "native" to make it always match the mode you've chosen.

13 hours ago, tomas7777 said:

Just to be clear, have you changed video mode after changing "favorite screen mode"? Have you tried restarting Eternity? If none of these worked, the most likely issue I can think of is something related to your OS or graphics drivers. Try updating them. If that still didn't work, assuming you're using Eternity 4.02, you can also try one of the dev builds.

As for free look, it should be under Options -> Mouse/Gamepad -> second page (press Page Down). Turn on "Enable Mouselook" and "Always Mouselook".

It's in the same general location as GZDoom, which doesn't have that issue, so doubt.