Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snaxalotl

Stickney Installation - A 36 Level Ultimate Doom Megawad (Vanilla) [FINAL VERSION NOW ON IDGAMES]

finished episode 3!

Spoiler

Spoiler

and as a bonus here's a few levels of episode one with hiddly diddly

Edited by thelamp

glad I got to finish this tonight - fun last map haha - so fast - I loved this set so much!

this wad has a great “dark, cramped” vibe, as lippeth said.

honestly, its great. im still on ep1 but im already thinking cacoward. 

Welp, I'm not gonna be able to do all of episode 4 saveless. Here are the levels that I did manage to get exits on, I'll be doing the remainder just playing casually~

that map in episode two when you realize that the ceiling is the playable area through the teleporter. that is genius.

creepy quake one feels.

Stickney Has received its final update on idgames! Out of respect for speedruns surrounding this wad, I have opted to leave in all gameplay quirks/issues (nothing major, mainly a few sectors that are supposed to be damaging)

-ALL gameplay is unchanged, all demos will be unaffected whether played on this version or the previous idgames one.
-The main focus of this update was to correct a collection of texture misalignments that were missed during development
-The file now includes a second dehacked file outside of the wad for improved compatibility.

Thanks to everyone who's been along for the ride, this was a lot of fun to make and even more fun watching everyone get to experience it :>

11 hours ago, Snaxalotl said:

Stickney Has received its final update on idgames! Out of respect for speedruns surrounding this wad, I have opted to leave in all gameplay quirks/issues (nothing major, mainly a few sectors that are supposed to be damaging)

-ALL gameplay is unchanged, all demos will be unaffected whether played on this version or the previous idgames one.
-The main focus of this update was to correct a collection of texture misalignments that were missed during development
-The file now includes a second dehacked file outside of the wad for improved compatibility.

Thanks to everyone who's been along for the ride, this was a lot of fun to make and even more fun watching everyone get to experience it :>

Eeek. which maps got changes?

1 hour ago, Womp the Cat said:

Eeek. which maps got changes?

E1M2, E1M4, E1M6, E2M2, E2M5, E3M3, E3M6, E4M6

Again these were just texture alignments, I didn't want to change anything that could possibly effect demos.

11 minutes ago, Snaxalotl said:

E1M2, E1M4, E1M6, E2M2, E2M5, E3M3, E3M6, E4M6

Again these were just texture alignments, I didn't want to change anything that could possibly effect demos.

Ok cool! I have demos for some of those gonna test em, which maps received pain sector changes?

edit: perhaps I misunderstood did you mean there were quirks such as pain sectors not flagged correctly but you have left them as is so as not to mess with playback?

Edited by Womp the Cat

1 hour ago, Womp the Cat said:

Ok cool! I have demos for some of those gonna test em, which maps received pain sector changes?

edit: perhaps I misunderstood did you mean there were quirks such as pain sectors not flagged correctly but you have left them as is so as not to mess with playback?

Correct, I left them unfixed.

1 hour ago, Snaxalotl said:

Correct, I left them unfixed.

Ok awesome forgive me.

@Andromeda took a peak at the demos with the new changes and there were only two desyncs I believe, both were on e1m2

3 hours ago, Womp the Cat said:

Ok awesome forgive me.

@Andromeda took a peak at the demos with the new changes and there were only two desyncs I believe, both were on e1m2

Could you send me the demo that desyncs? I want to figure out what is causing that.

1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

It's a bit weird since the rest of the demos for that level play back fine, but not these somehow.

my guess is nightmare = faster guys = more chance for small variables to make bigger changes. same issue with a movie, due to longer length.

I know it's too late, but there is a minor bug in E4M5: sector 151 shouldn't be damaging. Also, lower texture on linedef 672 is misaligned.

This wad is so so so incredibly on my list. Still haven't got to it yet, but it really looks amazing. Looking forward to it. :)

@thelamp the way that caco corpse just sailed across your view at 1:10.... :D (I won't watch the whole vid coz spoilers.)

Been keeping my eye on this project since the initial thread start, and currently giving it another playthrough.  Great stuff!

I gotta ask, who did the music for E1M8?  It's a beautiful track...

Here is the complete list of music credits for Stickney

Title Screen/Endings: Wilster Wonkels
Intermission: Doomkid

E1M1: Ultimate Midi Pack (Mygharok)
E1M2: Ultimate Midi Pack (MFG38)
E1M3: Doom the Way id Did OST (E1M7, E2M5, E3M5)
E1M4: Doom the Way id Did OST (E2M9)
E1M5: Snaxalotl
E1M6: Doom the Way id Did OST (E1M3)
E1M7: Doom the Way id Did OST (E2M8)
E1M8: Doom the Way id Did OST (E1M5)
E1M9: Ultimate Midi Pack (Lippeth)

E2M1: Wilster Wonkels
E2M2: Doomkid
E2M3: Doomkid
E2M4: Snaxalotl
E2M5: Metroid Fusion
E2M6: Snaxalotl