Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuyaSSS

Help regarding Low Doomworld's Max Total Size

I was going to post an image but I am not able to upload it due to my Max total size thing being only 82kb. This is the message that it is giving me.

Spoiler

image.png.931fd0479e4cba5b2d2a46eb78096872.png

So, what is this limit? and how do I get past this.

You simply delete older files you now longer deem in use. I'd suggest use imgur or use advantage embeds from other pages(discord works well surprisingly) for screenshots and for other files like doom wads/demos use file hosting page like dropbox or google drive. 

14 minutes ago, SuyaSS said:

I was going to post an image but I am not able to upload it due to my Max total size thing being only 82kb. This is the message that it is giving me.

Hide contents

image.png.931fd0479e4cba5b2d2a46eb78096872.png

So, what is this limit? and how do I get past this.

Attachment limit is 50 MB.

To remove attachments see My Attachments and click on the trashcan button to remove attachments.

Source: I am now using 3.14 MB out of 50 MB.

Using external hosting sites like Imgur for screenshot embedding and DropBox, MediaFire, Google Drive, etc for your WAD files will not only mean you never have to worry about your Attachment limit, it also helps lessen the strain on Doomworld's resource management.

My position is that you should only upload here what is "worth having archived" on this site for one reason or another...

If you host files on imgur or whatever else, there is always a chance they'll disappear after a few years, which may be a bad thing in case you're hosting images there that might be part of a tutorial or guide of some sort...

Of course, that's not the only reason why something may be worth "keeping here", but a few minor forum software intricacies aside, if it's just a "teaser" you wanna post in some "what are you working on" type of thread, you're usually better off using some external image hosting site/service, so you don't need to clean up your attachments as regularly...

This is surprising for me, I didn't know that images are that closely limited. I thought the current servers are more spacious, but eh, it's not I who pays for Doomworld, so no good complaining.

Guess it's back to DropBox (for which I even pay my money). And good luck passing the images through to the forums (due to their anti hotlinking rule). I will NOT delete my old attachments, I HATE time based information loss. 

Just like bio said, upload your files elsewhere, and link them here. I'll be doing that myself to lessen my account footprint here. Images on imgur, and wads on idgames / doomshack /  dropbox / mediafire.. 

I used to upload images and wads in here and that's just unnecessary.