Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TubularB1Us

Dehacked Weapon Behavior Help Needed

Question

Hey y'all, gotta question for ya.

How would one go about making something like the shotgun fire all pellets in one spot to mke it perfectly accurate? I know it's possible with atleast the pistol seeing is Doomkid managed to achieve it in his various Rowdy Rudy entries, even going so far as to make it a two-round burst, so I figured there would be a way to make any weapon perfectly accurate. If you must know, I'm trying to change the shotgun to a lever-action rifle.

3 answers to this question

23 hours ago, TubularB1Us said:

How would one go about making something like the shotgun fire all pellets in one spot to mke it perfectly accurate?

Vanilla - try a bunch of consecutive 0-duration frames with pistol/chaingun fire codepointer.

Other dehacked - MBF21 has generic A_WeaponBulletAttack that lets you specify spread and amount of shots.

This is only possible with the pistol (and chaingun) because it's codepointer has explicit logic to be 100% accurate if refire hasn't been called yet. However the shotgun has no such logic, so this is not something you can do with it.

Remember, vanilla dehacked cannot do something the game doesn't already do. Any behavior you see is something it already does.

So, you'll either need to reuse an alternate codepointer in a creative way, or maybe investigate what MBF21 is capable of if you want to do something more advanced.