Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Majin

Timeless Pirates Stealing Reality with Space Time Goo

Download

Lore

DOOM awakens within the maw of a the Abyssal Gale that is well on it's way to the Fortress of Space Goo that encapsulates the horror of pure phlegmy, mass Doomguy production, unethical farming, England, dilapidated architecture, sacrificial temples, spiders, & dams. 

Trivia

• made with vanilla so it can run on anything, i think
  • single level, replacing map01 
  • default doom 2 assets bar the sky 
  • first map (for doom) 
  • if you die after killing the king don't restart 
  • feedback appreciated

Preview

Spoiler

86tvWUb.png

CK9eua7.png

8SmaG9W.png

you are an absolute boss when it comes to mapping!

the player goes from boat to a factory that was built on top of a castle that was built on top of an ancient spider rune or something.

I couldn't grab many screenshots but some of the drainage pipes look voxelish and there is just alot of detail in general.

also your map glitched

Spoiler

image.png.9b16c358bc6bfc8f5d9fc2d7a3844eac.png
doom is truly a weird engine

image.png.35a653c295cc7f2ab47fc42c5fb47634.png

these two pinkies were stuck like cajoined twins

Very imaginative map. Here is a demo recorded in dsda-Doom 0.24.3 on UV.

tpsrwstg.zip

The setting was immediately interesting to me thanks to the lore included in OP. Going through multiple environments in a single map is something I find really cool. The midi fit well with the theme, what is it from?
I assume the uniform lighting levels was intentional, it gives the map an old-school vibe. I think I would still prefer the map to have lighting variation rather than not.

It is possible for the player to get softlocked out of the key elevator if they quickly jump off after activating it. The custom sky also only works in zdoom based ports. To get it to work in other ports it needs to be; resized to 256x128, converted into a doom graphic(it's a .png currently), and named RSKY1.

Very good for a first doom map, I hope you make more.

No mere pirate ship, this one. Seemingly going between UAC bases, radiation drainages, and ancient structures all within the space of a single map in a fairly gradual manner ain't something I expected! The ending was probably what you wanted (something a little goofy that goes with the theme), but also, the only person that gets to throw zombiemen mobs is Rachel Dal....excuse me, I mean rd!

lmd_somethingpirates.zip

Very impressive and good quality for your first map, well done and congrats on the release! This was thoroughly entertaining to play through with good and solid detail all throughout. A couple areas seem a bit lacking in detail, with the pirate ship and marble temple using a lot of the same texture, but other areas were very highly detailed. The combat felt challenging, but balanced, and progressing from one area to the next gave a real sense of adventure and uncovering the mystery of what these time pirates were after and just where all that weird green goo was coming from.

I played through the level in EE, maybe I'll give this another go to get all the kills and secrets.

Very fun stuff! Noticed a couple of bugs (was playing in ZDoom 2.8.1 like the absolute heathern I am):

Spoiler

This imp was stuck in the wall here somehow.

Screenshot_Doom_20220814_174814.png

The walls adjacent to the crushers need the Lower Unpegged flag ticked so they don't move with the ceiling (you usually see this with doors, but it can happen with crushers too).

Screenshot_Doom_20220814_175811.png?widt

Also I didn't take a screenshot of this, but the 3 Revenants before the red key didn't raise up and were just kinda stuck in the floor. Might've been some kind of linedef skip or something.

These aren't too game-breaking though and as first maps go this is a damn good one that shows a lot of promise. Good shit, my dude. 👍 

Good first map. The brownness of the beginning had me a bit worried but you mixed things up a good amount later. Played on UV and mostly enjoyed the progression, theme and the ending even if the combat didn't blow me away. Didn't care for jumping into the green marble pit with the specters blocking me from below though. Didn't hunt secrets and found none so can't speak towards them. As others have noted there are a handful of stuck monsters. Aside from that I didn't come across any issues other than:

54 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Hide contents

Also I didn't take a screenshot of this, but the 3 Revenants before the red key didn't raise up and were just kinda stuck in the floor. Might've been some kind of linedef skip or something.

The linedef only spans half the room so it's easy to go completely around it. Also the triggers for the door to get into that room are a bit of a mess which explains why the door can be finicky to open. That area can use some cleaning up. 

I just finished and man it was great! At first, Just by the name, I thought it would be one of these "jokewads", but I'm glad I was wrong. I had a blast this map, it was a great adventure. Hope to see more maps from you! :D

well its a masterpiece of map feels like out of some classic megawad....Example of mapping craftsmanship....

although combats, considering the scale of map are bit underwhelming,a bit too easy even on UV  keep on waiting for final battle with loads of ammo but nothing happens 

but still it was sheer pleasure to explore this marvelous map

fda