Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperCupcakeTactics

Amorphous Euphoria - 9 Euphoric Maps to Vibe To

To those who are stuck on Map09:

You don't have to strafe run to make the red-platform gap, even though that's one solution.  Here's a gif. 

AE_Map09_Hint.gif

For those stuck on Map10:

This is a tough map to max.  The cybers raise to the ceiling if you fall off once, and there are cacos that take 3 minutes to raise from the depths.  This was an art project I gave the D5DA treatment.  The actual exit though is the damaging floor at the perimeter of the map... I proabably should've marked it.  Edit:  I should've made the middle pits death exits too I think in hindsight.  Edit: Sent patch for just that to Cuppy for RC2. 

Edited by NoisyVelvet

Just played the second map of this...and it was quite interesting indeed! Enough Doomcute (also, Red Dwarf's awesome!) to make some people gag and some VERY clever sound tricks! Here's a demo even - though it aborted because I pressed this switch toward the RK at the wrong time or something.

lmd_amorhp_02.zip

Huh, I am not familiar with Doom Universe, but I am familiar with a lot of the mappers involved! Definitely interested in this one.

Screenshot makes me think of potential "there, you have it! No more insertsourceporthere" moments. Nice work!

Just finished Map 03. The taunt at the beginning was quite funny. Although it's almost entirely doable. The stupid open slime elevator kind of seemed a troll. Sorry I fucked around with that shootable switch but that angle was really annoying. It almost seemed impossible. (even though that's not the worst-placed shootable switch by any means, lol)

Edit: judt added the next map too!

lmd_amorph_03.zip

lmd_amorph04.zip

Edited by LadyMistDragon

20 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

To those who are stuck on Map09:

I fukken knew it was a movement puzzle that I just couldn't figure-out.

Nice that some people have the option to "bash the lock" tho.

Bumping this thread full-force with an RC2 before an archival upload (RIP WAD-Archive).

>>>AMOREUPHO_RC2.zip<<<

updates include:

Spoiler

• updated @NoisyVelvet map with more death exits
  • updated intro and outro map fixing a few visual hiccups
  • updated MAP09 with a slight visual fix
  • updated MAP05 with a slightly re-positioned Lost Soul
  • added a proper text file (hope I didn't forget anything)
  • added a cooking recipe to the text crawls in case your only available cookbook is a Doom WAD (caco butter and coarse imp salt not necessary)

Lol didn't consider that map09 solution. I was pretty hot about that part.

Hello, I played this in crispy-doom, UV/PS and had a lot of fun overall. Really liked the unapologetic, wicked texturing that I've seen from yours (SuperCupcake) before, though now in its own cosmos along with more joyful maps by the crew, and something I want to remark: both normal and flipped sky transfer actions taking place simultaneously! which I haven't seen myself before, at least this way. 

Good stuff! and thanks for sharing!

Ah, one small observation: in map 07, you can cross the secret teleport line to the marble building without the need to lower the baron wall, by simply walking over the line from the top, which is what I did out of curiosity. Other than this, no issues on my end.

I knew since Glass Messiah, that you're my man.

Wacky fights and Doom cute overdose so far (the best yet is the little bar on map 02), but this was the first time ever I saw DSDA going

dsda_error.PNG.0dffcb6226c9f307188f543b60db79f0.PNG

: D

I was able to play the rest of the mapset on my stream last night! Overall I really enjoyed this WAD!

Here are some questions/notes I have about some of the maps:

Spoiler

I got a couple questions/notes on MAP09 (I quite enjoyed this map btw):

• I'm not exactly sure how to get over to the north side of the map. I assumed it was by hitting the raise red platform switch and straferunning / SR50-ing over to the other side, but that kind of movement is extremely hard to do.
  • Also if you raise multiple platforms near the end of the map and fall over on the north side of the map, it seems you can get softlocked.
  • Personally I think that the tallest eye switch can be easily forgot about... But perhaps that was just my experience.

Also I noticed in DSDA Doom in software in both MAP01 and MAP11, at a certain height you can see a bit of a HOM in some windows.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1579972204

Played just over on half of this, really diggin the strange vibes.  I don't usually play with software rendering but based on your recommendations I turned it on and it looks pretty groovy.  It's an interesting mix of shovelware, glitchiness and general 90's CD-ROM and early internet geocities visuals and stuff like that, at least to me.  I also liked some of the non-standard layouts and interesting weapon loadouts that force some fresh playstyles.  Looking forward to the rest of it!

Here's a pack of fdas recorded with dsda doom :amorphous_euph_gaspe_fdas.zip

Interesting concept and a good thing imo is that it doesn't overstay its welcome. Favourites maps would be MAP04 and MAP05. It took me a while to understand how to progress on MAP07, and of course the solution was something really simple heh. On MAP08 I stopped to record so early because I was expecting the map to keep going with trial and error gimmicks but I guess I picked the worst part to start as the other rooms were more doable on a first try.

Thanks for playing everyone glad you've all experienced a hit of amorphous euphoria! Been quiet for a while now but I'll post again since it's now on idgames as AMOREUPHO.zip!

On 8/18/2022 at 9:01 PM, galileo31dos01 said:

Hello, I played this in crispy-doom, UV/PS and had a lot of fun overall. Really liked the unapologetic, wicked texturing that I've seen from yours (SuperCupcake) before, though now in its own cosmos along with more joyful maps by the crew, and something I want to remark: both normal and flipped sky transfer actions taking place simultaneously! which I haven't seen myself before, at least this way. 

Good stuff! and thanks for sharing!

Ah, one small observation: in map 07, you can cross the secret teleport line to the marble building without the need to lower the baron wall, by simply walking over the line from the top, which is what I did out of curiosity. Other than this, no issues on my end.

Thanks for pointing this out. I brought it up but fixing it apparently broke some other things so it'll be left as is. One reason I started this project was to go back and make some maps like how I used to, to remember a fond part of where I came from and re-light a creative spark, at least with fun unrestricted texturing! I had to learn how sky transfers work in Crispy Doom to make sure everyone got their desired sky with their map.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, Arsinikk said:

Hide contents

I got a couple questions/notes on MAP09 (I quite enjoyed this map btw):

• I'm not exactly sure how to get over to the north side of the map. I assumed it was by hitting the raise red platform switch and straferunning / SR50-ing over to the other side, but that kind of movement is extremely hard to do.
  • Also if you raise multiple platforms near the end of the map and fall over on the north side of the map, it seems you can get softlocked.
  • Personally I think that the tallest eye switch can be easily forgot about... But perhaps that was just my experience.

Also I noticed in DSDA Doom in software in both MAP01 and MAP11, at a certain height you can see a bit of a HOM in some windows.

Glad you enjoyed it! The solution to the raise red platform switch was shown earlier in the thread but if it wasn't clear: 

Spoiler

You press the switch to raise the platform another time, so that when you run back you have time to run across it normally with the platforms taking more time to lower.

• Straferunning is NOT required and if I do this again I'll see about providing a view of the area from the side to present the problem with more detail to give another lead towards the solution.
  • Yes you CAN get softlocked on the north side of the map but I decided to be merciful and provide an acid slime pit to restart :)
  • Yeah the tall eye switch can be out of sight and out of mind. I thought about teleporting another monster on the textured stairs but decided that was too much and left it for people to investigate that peculiar structure if they paid attention to the texture the platform sectors share. Again, if I do this over I'll keep this in mind for future map puzzles.

The HOM'ing on the windows wasn't really intentional and I thought about if I could do it over so the skies would render properly but decided it wasn't worth messing with and to leave it as a happy accident so everyone can enjoy some HOM visuals in the museum too, heheh.

Of course the real puzzling challenge of MAP09 is to complete it without using any of the "stuck" teleporters!

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

This was a pretty crazy and spicy back half of the wad!  Map 7 took it a bit easier on me and then the Mt. Erebus tribute smashed me!  Map 9 was a groovy puzzle map, had me scratching my head but eventually figured it out.  Had a really cool aesthetic.  While the cat level was pretty awesome and sight to behold (obviously given it's the thumbnail) I was quite confused at first on whether it was a traditionally beatable map.  Ended up looking at a stream by Arsinnik to find it was not, so would be cool if that was clearer.  Other than that, a really cool and memorable wad, congrats on the Doom Universe CP!

This is the most bizarre wad I've played; in a good way! I loved the strange abstract eye candy too, this is a real treat! :)

Oh, I like this! So far this feels like a breezy, summery, sugary wad where you take it easy, but take it.