Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

"DESYNC" - my NEW ALBUM. Check out the lyric video!

Absolutely recommend giving this a listen, y'all! Honored to work with Jimmy on the typography and follow this project since its fruition.

Watch this page! More stuff coming very soon.

Excellent, I like what I'm hearing so far. Almost reminds me of Depeche Mode, with the timbre of your vocals evoking a little Porcupine Tree, great stuff!

I like everything @esselfortium puts out on Spotify.

And i will like everything @Jimmy puts out on Spotify.

Looks and sound stellar, like all your Doom OST's.

Yearning and patiently waiting to get.... desynced...

Posted (edited)

"Cool.  The song has lyrics written by Jimmy.  I wonder who the singer is though, they sound pretty good...  I guess we'll never know."

Edited by NoisyVelvet

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I've been quietly working on my vocal skills on and off for the last decade or so, between voice lessons, choir practice, and a brief time in a band. I'm definitely not the most fantastic at it still, but I have enough fun and confidence with the process of singing that I now feel ready to share my voice with you all.

Really hope you enjoy what's to come!

Nice track, very reminiscent of Depeche Mode indeed as noted by others, but... why is there a burning laptop on a beach? :P

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Nice track, very reminiscent of Depeche Mode indeed as noted by others, but... why is there a burning laptop on a beach? :P

Jimmy has a thing against laptops...

31 minutes ago, KeaganDunn said:

Jimmy has a thing against laptops...

Relatable. I once had to type on a laptop (an Apple one too, so twice the challenge for a PC user like me) and it was such a frustrating experience.

As of today, the album is AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER on BANDCAMP!

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Standard Edition -- 13 tracks.

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Deluxe Edition -- 31 tracks including two bonus tracks, two remixes, and all the instrumentals.

CMqxSHKm.png ffGnTfQm.png

Here's the final single to be released from the upcoming album, entitled "DESYNC".

Please do enjoy "LOVE IS A GATEWAY", featuring the almighty DEREK SHERINIAN, keyboardist for Dream Theater and Sons of Apollo.

When a dear friend of mine departed suddenly and cruelly from this world, about five years ago as of this writing, it was my first true experience with blunt-faced, unyielding grief. I must have written close to ten songs about this experience between now and then, anxious or dare I say *frightened* to release any of them and expose myself while in this state of extreme vulnerability... but I think this song encapsulates the entire ordeal as succinctly as I can condense it, although the song being seven minutes long is no accident. Sometimes I feel lots of things.

We unearth the story in the brief first stanza (talking about romance is something I have lifelong struggled to navigate), and the story's emotional concepts are explained in the second, along with my own difficulty in trying to untangle them.

Love is lots of things, but for me, it is primarily a form of escape from the harshness of reality. The sensation of safety and security that you can confide absolutely anything in another person who will always be everpresent for you. It is a home, a fortress, a reset button, an entrance to another world altogether.

Years later I had the realisation that is lyrically explained in the 2-minute long outro. People these days are obsessed with planning for the future, and living in the present moment, so as never to miss a beat or to become distracted or derailed from their path in life.

But what if there is solace and comfort in the past? Is there shame in longing? Is there a finite limit to how long we are permitted to spend cuddling our past experiences before they are urged away from us? Is there only so much time we are allotted to process our traumas?

Personally, I think not.

Love cut tragically short would be a shock to anyone's system. The past may be the past, but it is ultimately something to learn from and to embrace. It can be on your side.

As of this writing I still have yet to rekindle those exact feelings. Oftentimes it feels infinitely out of reach, but I welcome the idea that it could be just a touch away.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

As of today, the album is AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER on BANDCAMP!

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Standard Edition -- 13 tracks.

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Deluxe Edition -- 31 tracks including two bonus tracks, two remixes, and all the instrumentals.

CMqxSHKm.png ffGnTfQm.png

Here's the final single to be released from the upcoming album, entitled "DESYNC".

Please do enjoy "LOVE IS A GATEWAY", featuring the almighty DEREK SHERINIAN, keyboardist for Dream Theater and Sons of Apollo.

You are really a legend of Doom music. That's all I can say about you..❤❤❤.

I'm mapping while I listen to "DESYNC" right now <3 GREAT stuff, Jimmy! 

Premieres soon! Some amazing stuff has happened and y'all should give it a listen.